Twitter: Trey Lance trade was an abomination

Brax

Reaction score
Playoffs are not a part of the season. Nice try.

You have to qualify for the playoffs.
I get you stop watching when the”season “ is over, got it glad 17 is enough for you

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Never underestimate the lengths a few guys here will go to defend #4s honor.

Even if there was a 1% chance anybody would replace him, the bashing of said player can never be done too much, lol
Reminds me of my school days long ago when a boy had a crush on a girl and they would subtly ask others about her but then would feign apathy like they didn’t really care when called out for it. I mean, actions eventually reveal motivations.

CWR

Reaction score
Dak is not ready to negotiate. He can hold Jerry's feet to the fire in training camp. It has nothing to do with Lance.
That also makes no sense. Tell me the advantage of waiting? Unless you're suggesting he won't negotiate until next off season when he's a free agent. In that case Dak is gone.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I hate to defend this dumb *** trade but to be fair, only reason why it looks so ridiculous is because it happened during the season. Other teams had a chance to see Justin Fields and those other guys and saw that neither was worth what they traded for Lance. Jerry is just dumb **. Had he waited, he probably could have gotten Lance for a 6 too. Awww ***, it's an abonination.

CWR

Reaction score
Jerry will never allow Rush to be the #2. How would it make Jerry look if Lance is still the #3?
I agree, but Jerry also looks stupid with Lance as a 2, especially with his contract coming up.

Steve007

Reaction score
So I provide you a video of a podcast literally being taped in The Star by three reporters who cover the team, two very closely, who go on record that they do not hear anything good about Trey Lance behind the scenes from coaches/staff unlike the whispers they heard about Romo/Dak in their early years and you totally discount it? What exactly is your read of what they said in that clip?

Where did I say Lance was bad in practice? Re-read the op.
Your post says "Lance has reportedly shown little to nothing in practice so far in his time in Dallas." The video you posted assumes from silence lance has not shown anything in practice. Nobody reported lance isn't showing anything in practice that has actually seen him practice.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your post says "Lance has reportedly shown little to nothing in practice so far in his time in Dallas." The video you posted assumes from silence lance has not shown anything in practice. Nobody reported lance isn't showing anything in practice that has actually seen him practice.
ding ding ding

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree, but Jerry also looks stupid with Lance as a 2, especially with his contract coming up.
GM Jethro looks dumb having 3 QB's with expiring contracts all in the same year.

Reactions: CWR

plasticman

Reaction score
Trey Lance will be 24 next month. That's about the same age as a couple of the top prospects in this year's draft. lance is entering his 3rd season.

He is being "reset" by the Cowboys. He needed further development when he came out of college but was put on the field too early when the other 49er QB's were unavailable. He started very few games in college but his potential was clear.

If he can show the Cowboys something during next preseason then they will resign him the same way they did Romo when his contract expired before throwing a single regular season pass.

I'm not saying that Trey Lance is the next Cowboys Hall of Fame QB, I'm just saying that the potential exists, he is a gifted athlete. It's happened before, the team that drafts the guy sees nothing in him and decides to cut their losses only for that QB to be special playing for another team.

The Falcons drafted Bret Favre, the Bucs drafted Steve Young and the Chargers drafted Drew Brees. That's three HOFers (or future) and the teams that drafted them wanted someone else. Let's see how this plays out.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trey Lance will be 24 next month. That's about the same age as a couple of the top prospects in this year's draft. lance is entering his 3rd season.

He is being "reset" by the Cowboys. He needed further development when he came out of college but was put on the field too early when the other 49er QB's were unavailable. He started very few games in college but his potential was clear.

If he can show the Cowboys something during next preseason then they will resign him the same way they did Romo when his contract expired before throwing a single regular season pass.

I'm not saying that Trey Lance is the next Cowboys Hall of Fame QB, I'm just saying that the potential exists, he is a gifted athlete. It's happened before, the team that drafts the guy sees nothing in him and decides to cut their losses only for that QB to be special playing for another team.

The Falcons drafted Bret Favre, the Bucs drafted Steve Young and the Chargers drafted Drew Brees. That's three HOFers (or future) and the teams that drafted them wanted someone else. Let's see how this plays out.
He is entering his 4th season after sitting out a year in college.(5 years of not playing) None of those examples above are anywhere equivalent to Trance, who barely played in HS and only 1 year in college.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Lance will either prove or disprove that he belongs with the Cowboys. If he doesn't make a good impression in TC, his spot will be eliminated. He was a desperate attempt by the FO to get something for nothing -- just a predictable effort by a FO that does desperate things. On the other hand, there's an outside chance that he might surprise everyone with his play. It's still a pretty desperate move, nevertheless. Pray for a near miracle.

Last edited:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Lance will either prove or disprove that he belongs with the Cowboys. If he doesn't make a good impression in TC, his spot will be eliminated. He was a desperate attempt by the FO to get something for nothing -- just a predictable effort by a FO that does desperate things. On the other hand, there's an outside chance that he might surprise everyone with his play. It's still a pretty desperate move, nevertheless. Pray for a near miracle.
There’s nothing really “desperate” about it. The Cowboys had Lance rated as a high second round pick who they traded a fourth for. A young player with potential who lost time due to injury and the book is still out on. It is low risk high reward. The move may not work out, but so it is the same for any 4th round pick. Lance is only looked down upon by Dak-Stans and those who look upon him from the perspective of how much another team gave up to get him and decided to move on from because they lucked into finding faster the QB they decided to go with. The Cowboys did not need to do the same nor did they give up anything remotely close so it’s irrelevant and the people who keep focusing it on this fact only show their cognitive bias for the reasons already given.

plymkr

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s trying to rub our face in it, he’s just dug himself into a hard to defend position after 8 seasons, give him credit he sticks to his views
I don’t agree with AC’s overall position but I do respect that he has stayed committed to it. Nothing wrong with being passionate and committed to his guy. Actually everyone on this board has my respect because we’re all passionate fans that want to win. Even if we don’t agree the community benefits from different viewpoints.