Twitter: Trey Lance trade was an abomination

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Never said that. If we succeed where sf failed...keep him. If he gets a shot and does in fact suck...no.

You've based your assessment on suspect circumstantial evidence, and of course your DDS. You dont even want to just see for yourself.... it might threaten dak.

I said "might".
You're the one with DDS. BIG TIME. That's all you think.

You truly believe Trance Is a threat to Dak's talent and proven ability? Get real. Wake up from your DDS hate inducement and smell the roses.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Lance's body of work surely didn't justify a 4th round draft pick to be awarded to the 49ers when a guy like Zack Wilson went for a sixth rounder.
The difference is the Cowboys bought Lance a season earlier than the Broncos bought Wilson. Is a 4th still too much? Yeah that's a fair argument, but realistically his value was probably a 5th at the time based on what we are seeing from other trades.

I think this trade is way down on the list of issues for the Cowboys.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Doesn't it bother you at all to just make things up to fabricate an argument?

First, you said he was awful in those preseason games, then you were proven wrong.

So, after being called out on your false claim, you changed directions and made the excuse that Purdy started, then Darnold, and all Lance did was mop up at the end.

The truth is ...

In one of those 2 games Purdy didn't play at all, and the one he did he was in and out quickly after throwing only 5 passes.

Additionally, in one of the two Lance was the starter, with Purdy being the starter in the other.

And, by the way, Lance was the leading passer for the 49ers in both those games, so that's obviously not just "mop up"
He started the 1st game throwing for a whopping 110 yards. In his 2nd game, he entered the game with 1:22 remaining in the 3rd quarter, he threw for 150 yards in the 4th quarter while mopping up against guys who were camp bodies. Six days later the 49ers robbed the Cowboys of a 4th rounder for him. He did not start 2 games..Purdy started PS games 2 and 3..Know your facts

To get an analysis of game 1 from JT O'Sullivan of the QB School watch

It's not pretty

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The difference is the Cowboys bought Lance a season earlier than the Broncos bought Wilson. Is a 4th still too much? Yeah that's a fair argument, but realistically his value was probably a 5th at the time based on what we are seeing from other trades.

I think this trade is way down on the list of issues for the Cowboys.
It's a quite long list of issues that we're talking about. Like many of us, I'll be hoping he surprises us all with his play but I'm not counting on it. He will be tested in TC but his inexperience will likely make it tough for him to replace Dak or even Cooper Rush, for that matter. We'll see. I wish him well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're the one with DDS. BIG TIME. That's all you think.

You truly believe Trance Is a threat to Dak's talent and proven ability? Get real. Wake up from your DDS hate inducement and smell the roses.
For now, i'll wait on the cowboys word before the likes of you.

Unlike you....i support all the cowboys, and ill root for dak too as long as he wears the star.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a quite long list of issues that we're talking about. Like many of us, I'll be hoping he surprises us all with his play but I'm not counting on it.
Thats all it is. Not sure why people are getting so nasty about it.

The sane rational thing to do is let it play out and see. Hope for the best.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Thats all it is. Not sure why people are getting so nasty about it.

The sane rational thing to do is let it play out and see. Hope for the best.
Cowboys fans are desperate for something good to happen for a team that has to rely upon the likes of Jerry and Son for success. It's not an easy thing to put up with for fans of a team that has gone from great to something far less during the last 30 years. I'm just as uneasy as they are. Let's hope for some good things to finally come around for a team that deserves a better fate. The waiting seems endless but it's not totally hopeless.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, Coach, I disagree. 49ers have one of the best QB builders/coach, and when he chose 2 other QBs as 2nd and 3rd stringers over Lance, that should have told everybody something is seriously wrong with Lance. Even Mike Martz came out recently and said the same.

That's not including the contract.
I think it was worth taking a chance on.....if Dak is unreasonable, Lance could very well be our next QB. People say we overpaid, but they don't criticize SF for trading a top 1st rounder for a 4th round pick...the ignorance around here never stops.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this thread and this premise of Trey being a wasted pick is agenda driven.
100% blatantly obvious.

its-crystal-clear-wiz-khalifa.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
Never said that. If we succeed where sf failed...keep him. If he gets a shot and does in fact suck...no.

You've based your assessment on suspect circumstantial evidence, and of course your DDS. You dont even want to just see for yourself.... it might threaten dak.

I said "might".
How exactly would you define "if we succeed" over the next 6 months?

Let's say Trance gets(not wins), gets the back up QB job. Is that a success in your mind?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Let's say Trance gets(not wins), gets the back up QB job. Is that a success in your mind?
A little specific here...I suspect you are looking for a fight?

I would say at this moment in time, if Trey is on the team, it's a success.

Would you say a 4th round QB MUST be QB1 or he's a failure?

Jimbo123

Reaction score

NO. Jerry will insist on Lance being the backup. It's a given

Chasing6

Reaction score
NO. Jerry will insist on Lance being the backup. It's a given
I agree, but please explain how that makes the trade a success.

GM Jethro most likely has already agreed to make him the starter in 2025.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

Chasing4 and I think that #4 pick was what was going to push us over to the super bowl. We also hate Trance because he might take our dakies job. That pisses us off, we don't care if he turns into a great QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score

It was not a number 4 pick. A number 4 pick does not make $5M a year a number 4 pick is on your roster for 4 years not a year and a half.

Question for you?

Should we in the future draft a player in the 4th round that we know will never play on the field over a 4 year period?

The answer 100% of the time is NO.