Video: Troy Aikman on accuracy: You either have it or you don't

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
How often would Aikman throw for 300 yard games???
:facepalm: Why would you throw for 300 yards when the game plan was to pound the ball with emmitt, slow down the game, get the opposing team frustrated while they waited for long periods of time on the sidelines. If Aikman and Steve Young switched places in their careers, then Aikman would've had plenty of 300 yard games. Also it is the era of football you are in. now the yards per game are way up, because it is easier to complete passes. in the 90's recievers would get unloaded on if the crossed the middle

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Actually, this is something I've mentioned before. From observation, it seems that Quarterbacks do tend to improve, if you redshirt them and let them develop their skills. But once you throw them out to the wolves, they don't seem to improve, because throwing them out to the wolves when they are not ready seems like it has a negative psychological impact on a player. I mean how many first round quarterbacks have been ruined by the worst NFL team for that year drafting them? How many quarterbacks have the Browns ruined? Having Dak come in from Romo was good short term but maybe was bad long term, because Dak may have been a better quarterback learning under romo, and not just from what romo personally teaches him but also from watching what a good quarterback does. I think Romo would've been trash if you would've put him out his first year and then never develop further. I'm afraid that this might be the case for Dak.
Aikman was thrown to the wolves on a horrible team.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Don't confuse this group with statistics. They will tell you that Dak dinks and dunks.

dak doesn't? And the thing about statistic is well the pro dak crowd only likes to tell half truths. The mention something that is true while leaving out important other information. Just like they try to paint the picture with threads like statistic prove that Dak is better than Brady and Rodgers.

Nav22

Reaction score
And then they turned on their hero because he gave an opinion that didn't align with theirs. Delicious.
Not NEARLY as delicious as the anti-Dak crowd’s tears when Dak signs that juicy new contract.
:angry::angry::angry:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Aikman was thrown to the wolves on a horrible team.
True, but where people worried about Aikman's accuracy back then. Was he an inaccurate passer who got better? I know aikman had to run for his life much more than Dak has to back then.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If you take all of Prescott's passes over 15 yards they're all dink and dunks.
Hater logic.

Nav22

Reaction score
Hahahhahahha

When Troy Aikman said he believes in Dak and wouldn’t hesitate to pay him, I posted the article. The anti-Dak crowd brushed it off completely.

But NOW Troy’s word is gospel again.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
If you take all of Prescott's passes over 15 yards they're all dink and dunks.
Hater logic.
pass-chart_PRE285723_2018-reg-16_1545602834958.jpeg

All two of them?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hahahhahahha

When Troy Aikman said he believes in Dak and wouldn’t hesitate to pay him, I posted the article. The anti-Dak crowd brushed it off completely.

But NOW Troy’s word is gospel again.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Same with any game he passes for more than 200 yards, specifically the Colts game. Crickets.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
True, but where people worried about Aikman's accuracy back then. Was he an inaccurate passer who got better? I know aikman had to run for his life much more than Dak has to back then.

I watched Aikman during his rookie season. He had hooorrible surrounding talent with guys like James Dixon as his WR and Paul Palmer as his RB. As bad as it was he was never missing receivers as bad as Dak does, throwing behind WIDE open receivers.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The difference though, is with those examples the target is stationary.

Throwing to a moving target adds a few more variables that must be processed. Every throw is a completely different situation. It's the ability to process those variables and make the accurate throw that is innate for the consistently accurate QB's.

The comebacks and the go routes have less variables so are easier to complete. Crossing routes and posts require more anticipation and are harder to complete.

To my eyes Dak needs to see the target and throw to what he sees. He struggles with calculating where his target is going to be when the ball gets there and throwing to that spot.
Actually, I think the bigger difference is that Tiger and Nolan are among the most physically gifted athletes in their respective sports, and the change probably comes easier to them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You confuse Anti-Dak with Pro-NFL QB. I really hope he stops being below average. Tears are for snowflakes that can't accept criticism of a third party. Like you.
He's started 3 seasons dummy, he's an NFL quarterback.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
None of that has anything to do with the law of diminishing returns. You're bringing in all kinds of other factors. I get it, you want to hate on Dak. You do that and I am going to hate on overrated Zeke.

Law of diminishing returns:
A concept in economics that if one factor of production (number of workers, for example, In Zeek's case carries) is increased while other factors (machines and workspace, for example, everything else on the team) are held constant, the output per unit of the variable factor will eventually diminish (YPC).

Law of diminishing returns is often used for the workplace, in some cases production of a factory. In this case the workplace would be the football field. And instead of workers while still producing more, but at a lesser rate, we have Zeek producing more, but at a lesser rate (YPC). And the other stuff you says has nothing to do with the law of diminishing returns as to how it pertains to Zeek, was to explain of why the cowboys would increase Zeek's carries, even if it results in less YPC, which mainly is that they don't care about Zeeks individual stats but their strategy to win the game. the more carries you have the YPC goes down but the yardages still goes up for example. Also other factors like slowing down the game could be in the game plan as to why you increase carries even though it negatively impacts YPC. Like I said: you saying that Zeek sucks because his YPC is not as high as some other backs, doesn't explain the whole story, neglects to mention other factors why zeek is getting more carries than other backs. Heck one of those factors being the very hallmarks of what power football is all about, the very philosophy behind slowing down a game by running the ball a lot.