Video: Troy Aikman on accuracy: You either have it or you don't

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak has the IT factor. Just not the accuracy factor. Some players just win no matter how ugly of a game they play.

Eli Manning is a perfect example. Dude won 2 Superbowls but is terribly in accurate

Examples of the IT factor post 2016? I Just haven't seen IT. and I totally thought that Dak had the IT factor in 2016 and agreed with everyone back then.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hahahhahahha

When Troy Aikman said he believes in Dak and wouldn’t hesitate to pay him, I posted the article. The anti-Dak crowd brushed it off completely.

But NOW Troy’s word is gospel again.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
And when you posted it I'm sure you were all in agreement, nodding your heads in unison and now that he criticized him you all are turning on him 180 degrees.

At least we just shrugged it off.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Law of diminishing returns:
A concept in economics that if one factor of production (number of workers, for example, In Zeek's case carries) is increased while other factors (machines and workspace, for example, everything else on the team) are held constant, the output per unit of the variable factor will eventually diminish (YPC).

Law of diminishing returns is often used for the workplace, in some cases production of a factory. In this case the workplace would be the football field. And instead of workers while still producing more, but at a lesser rate, we have Zeek producing more, but at a lesser rate (YPC). And the other stuff you says has nothing to do with the law of diminishing returns as to how it pertains to Zeek, was to explain of why the cowboys would increase Zeek's carries, even if it results in less YPC, which mainly is that they don't care about Zeeks individual stats but their strategy to win the game. the more carries you have the YPC goes down but the yardages still goes up for example. Also other factors like slowing down the game could be in the game plan as to why you increase carries even though it negatively impacts YPC. Like I said: you saying that Zeek sucks because his YPC is not as high as some other backs, doesn't explain the whole story, neglects to mention other factors why zeek is getting more carries than other backs. Heck one of those factors being the very hallmarks of what power football is all about, the very philosophy behind slowing down a game by running the ball a lot.
LOL. So, everything being equal except for carries which gets increased means that yards per carry will go down. Got it.

In 2016, at the end of the season, Zeke closed the season out averaging 6.7 ypc against Tampa, 6.7 ypc against Detroit, and 5.7 against GB. Since all things remain constant except increased carries, why did Zeke's production not go down as he got more carries at the end of the season according to your economics principle?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
True, but where people worried about Aikman's accuracy back then. Was he an inaccurate passer who got better? I know aikman had to run for his life much more than Dak has to back then.

Actually, I think the bigger difference is that Tiger and Nolan are among the most physically gifted athletes in their respective sports, and the change probably comes easier to them.

Good points.

All of these guys had the innate qualities that could be tweaked to get the most out of them.

Where you start most definitely determines where you can finish in this case.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You mean this career "accurate" passing QB Terry Bradshaw???
2vru0G4.png

LMAO...just shut up already! You sound as foolish as they do!!! :laugh:

There we go again, forgetting to mention something, hmm different eras of football. I wonder what Dak's accuracy would've been like in 1970.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
LOL. So, everything being equal except for carries which gets increased means that yards per carry will go down. Got it.

In 2016, at the end of the season, Zeke closed the season out averaging 6.7 ypc against Tampa, 6.7 ypc against Detroit, and 5.7 against GB. Since all things remain constant except increased carries, why did Zeke's production not go down as he got more carries at the end of the season according to your economics principle?

well you forget to mention the bit, "there is a *point*" where the YPC goes down. It's a curve on a chart, where at first when you increase carries, YPC goes up, but then you reach a point that if you increase carries, YPC goes down while yardage still goes up. And then you mention 2016 to compare to 2018 which goes against the "with all other things being equal" clause, because the difference between 2016 and 2018 is that 2016: Defensive coordinators didn't know how to plan for Dak. 2018: Defensive coordinators do know how to plan for Dak. So Dak is the variable that effects Zeeks YPC in 2016 versus 2018. Well one of the variables. If we had another quarterback here, say foles, romo, someone respectable, then Zeeks YPC would be higher since the defenses would have other things to worry about besides stopping Zeek. This is all very straight forward I think. It feels like we are making this more complicated than it should be.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Everyone knows Dak is inaccurate. But he’s also 31-16 as a starter. There’s a long list of QB’s who were inaccurate and led their teams to a Championship. There’s a long list of “fans” who have outed themselves in this thread that do nothing but find something to whine about. Why they don’t get behind the teams success and root for them even with their warts is telling about their character or lack thereof.

Your argument was respectable, until you started attacking the arguer instead of the argument, by saying people are whining, the same people who you share an opposing opinion against. The truth is: Many of us have said that Dak can win you games in the Regular season, but we have concerns that he won't cut it in the post season. It's just that we've seen things this last win that won't cut it during the post season. It's a different ball game.

Nav22

Reaction score
You confuse Anti-Dak with Pro-NFL QB. I really hope he stops being below average. Tears are for snowflakes that can't accept criticism of a third party. Like you.
I struck a nerve. Nice use of “snowflakes,” you trend-whoring sheep.
:laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
And when you posted it I'm sure you were all in agreement, nodding your heads in unison and now that he criticized him you all are turning on him 180 degrees.

At least we just shrugged it off.
Just like I’m shrugging off his recent comments now, while you’re all nodding your heads in unison.

Hmm.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
well you forget to mention the bit, "there is a *point*" where the YPC goes down. It's a curve on a chart, where at first when you increase carries, YPC goes up, but then you reach a point that if you increase carries, YPC goes down while yardage still goes up. And then you mention 2016 to compare to 2018 which goes against the "with all other things being equal" clause, because the difference between 2016 and 2018 is that 2016: Defensive coordinators didn't know how to plan for Dak. 2018: Defensive coordinators do know how to plan for Dak. So Dak is the variable that effects Zeeks YPC in 2016 versus 2018. Well one of the variables. If we had another quarterback here, say foles, romo, someone respectable, then Zeeks YPC would be higher since the defenses would have other things to worry about besides stopping Zeek. This is all very straight forward I think. It feels like we are making this more complicated than it should be.
The reason why the law of diminishing returns is a poor example is that nothing remains constant while only one thing changes. You should know this.

raichledog

Reaction score
........but only because both had genius level Qb coaches. Which we all know is the reason Dak is regressed to the low level he’s playing at

Dak is playing at this level because that’s who he is. He’s a lower tier QB that isn’t an accurate thrower of the football. Blame coaching all you want but he misses wide open receivers all the time because he isn’t accurate. 3 years in and he still consistently misses easy throws. He would make one hell of a backup though.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Why are we so critical of one QB?? The guy takes us to the playoffs twice in three years wins the NFC East Division and some of you still can't accept that..

I think Dak did help take us to the playoffs in 2016. In 2018, I feel that instead of the quarterback carrying the team to the playoffs, as is often the case around the NFL, Zeek, Coop and the D are carrying the quarterback to the playoffs. And that is the POV of the opposing side from yours, that we are going to the playoffs not because of Dak but despite of him. And I'm not saying that Dak hasn't had his moments this season, but even with those it feels like despite of for me.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I think you need to go back and look at Wilson's first three years. There is a huge difference bewteen Dak and him.

Wilson's first 3 season's are very similar to Dak's Dak's rookie year was better than Wilson's but Wilson's 2nd was better than Dak's. Year 3 are about the same as is.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01.htm

People were saying the same thing about Wilson. "Keep him in the pocket". "He can't make all the throws". "That Superbowl caliber defense and running game are carrying him", "He's got the best o-line in the game protecting him". "He's a bus driver". "His ceiling is not that high, that's why he was drafted in the mid rounds". "But they play well enough to keep their team in the game".

Wilson was 1 year older in his rookie season than Dak was his rookie season. Wilson has played 7season's to Dak's 3 since we're now in week 17.

You think Wilson has played under a much better coaching staff? Develop players? A staff that can game plan and adjust during games? Call winning plays?

I'm not this big Dak defender and I did say in my post they are two different QB's and Russell Wilson is obviously the better QB as we speak. But their first 3 season's as a QB, not overall team are very similar stat and perception wise in the media.

Kellen Moore is coaching up Dak Prescott and the rest of our QB's? What was so great about his pocket presence? Scott Linehan Did good work with Daunte Culpepper's development about 15 years ago and worked with Matt Stafford but really where is he this great guru at developing QB's? Culpepper was the 11th overall pick and Stafford was the 1st overall. Dak was in the 4th round.

I know we had Romo when we went with Linehan but we need somebody else to help develop Dak, his pocket presence, mechanics, understanding of circumstances. The overall skill set. If this was the start of last season nobody would have questioned Dak's talent and ability to lead this team. There was reason for that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Your argument was respectable, until you started attacking the arguer instead of the argument, by saying people are whining, the same people who you share an opposing opinion against. The truth is: Many of us have said that Dak can win you games in the Regular season, but we have concerns that he won't cut it in the post season. It's just that we've seen things this last win that won't cut it during the post season. It's a different ball game.
I guess we'll see soon enough.