Troy Aikman on Dak

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Come on, a QB has to play under duress.

Go look at tape of Watson in that Houston game. Our defense gave him a beating to the point the doctors were checking his heartbeat and respiration on the sideline. He was holding his rib cage walking on and off the field and could barely even stand up right.

But guess what...….the dude in OT was hitting WRs in stride 20 yards away with perfect ball placement directly in their hands. No way in hell Dak could have made those passes. Not hating, just stating reality.

Watson has Hopkins. You must know this.

Sully

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are being held hostage by a quarterback incapable of playing at a high level and a head coach who should not have a job in the NFL. It’s that simple.

The defense is good enough to be a Championship contender. The offensive line is at minimum, good and at times elite. Despite what transpired Sunday night, the running game is good enough to be dominant.

Reaction score
Dak was very accurate as a rookie, so we know he can do it. The QB I see this season just isn't confident. He had Beez open on a short out for a first down near the goal line early on, but dumped it to Elliott for a loss instead. Several of his passes were way off target. Their biggest problem on offense isn't poor receiver
play, it's a hesitant, unsure QB. Maybe T-Beard's absence is affecting him more than we know.

Legend

Reaction score
Hmmm worthy of a watch....

I like Eddie George’s take about getting some weapons at WR and a security blanket TE to relieve the load on Zeke and to help Dak with more options.

He also talked about when he had to carry the ball 300+ times and what helped a young, struggling Steve McNair gain confidence and a PhD as a QB.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Big upzzz...to all my haters.

Ok Troy summed it up perfectly.

This matters to me. So the person below you that said it won't matter to Dak's supporters can go pound sand.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Troy. Dak has to do better. Anticipation is huge. I believe he's capable of improving despite the scheme he is trapped into using.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
He also said Wade Phillips didn't have to worry about getting fired. No reason to bash him publicly unless they are truly ready to move on, and that won't be until we are out of reasonable playoff contention. The fact that the division is horrible may mean we don't hear a bad word about Dak until late in the season, and then suddenly things change.

If he doesn't improve and we give him a 100 million contract then the franchise is truly lost.
How bout you pray they get him some good wrs or even a off coord who is capable of planning a scheme that the defense can’t guess the play and be right.

Again I’m going to repeat it again and again and again. People like u bash the wrs ol coaches and scheme but expect dak to succeed with the mess u whine about.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
This matters to me. So the person below you that said it won't matter to Dak's supporters can go pound sand.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Troy. Dak has to do better. Anticipation is huge. I believe he's capable of improving despite the scheme he is trapped into using.
That’s fair bleu!

I like it when people have civil convos. We can different opinions. Much respect bro

kwcool619

Reaction score
One of my questions is how much time does Dak spend in the film room? If he is spending enough time watching film? Who is watching it with him and who is diagnosing the defense? Is he making the right read according to the coaches, which is actually the wrong diagnosis?

One of the reasons for late throws is a lack of confidence in the route or the read. He should know where he is going with the ball before the snap and it may not be the primary route the on the play call. He seems to focus on the primary route even if it is the wrong read, which makes him hold the ball, then he is late on his throw all adding up to inaccuracy issues. I don't think the coaches properly prepare him for the game because defenses defend us so easily.

Two guys blitzed him in the Houston game and the hot route was an out route into the flat. The hot route should have been a slant behind the blitzing defenders. I think an experienced QB or prepared QB adjusts that route and destroys that blitz, but that isn't something he or the coaches see on film. We should hire Payton Manning to sit in the film room with Dak for four hours a day, everyday ,the week before the game. Get a coach in here who doesn't take what the defense gives them, but exploits the defense even if it deviates from your core scheme.

Very thoughtful post. Spot on.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Allen Hurns is not kidding himself, but the free agent addition who signed with the Dallas Cowboys to be their “No. 1” wide receiver is of the belief both he and his crew are better than their numbers.

His answer implicates a certain three-lettered player whose name rhymes with Sak.

“For sure, (the plays) are there,” Hurns said in the locker room after the Cowboys’ 19-16 overtime loss against the Houston Texans.

When I asked him if criticism of the Cowboys’ wide receivers given the statistical production was valid, from either fans or media, he said, “They don’t understand it. If you just go by stat lines, of course you can say that. If you are really watching film, you can’t say that.

“If you want to go back and watch film, it comes down to the majority of snaps. Of course, it’s not going to be every snap you are going to win across the board. Are you creating separation? We left some plays out here. I’m not saying we’re always perfect and we’re always open. I’m not. That’s not the case. I feel like the majority of the snaps we are creating separation.

“If I’m not open, (Cole Beasley) is open and it rotates. It’s not always like all three receivers are not getting open.”

http://amp.star-telegram.com/sports/article219656245.html?__twitter_impression=true