Troy Aikman on Dak

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Big upzzz...to all my haters.

Ok Troy summed it up perfectly.

I’m. A fan, and even I pointed out how bad Dak reads a defense. That was evident on one of his sacks where it was easy to see a blitz was coming... and he just dropped back 5 steps and was pounded... then becaus eof his lack of audibling out of th splay, he makes the line look bad.

Him not hitting Beasley on 3rd and 4 at the goal line on the opening drive is another example. Beasley had 1 on 1 coverage with the db back off of him.
If a fan sees that stuff, how can he not see it?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I love Troy. Always refer to him. What he said is true. Absolutely true. But...

Troy seems to forget how his accuracy, precision and execution also regressed or got affected drastically in his later years when his Oline was no longer that good and he was constantly under pressure or getting sacked.

He and everyone else should remember that.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
He really regressed after loosing Romo and Sanchez n the sideline/film room. Tells you how well the QB coach and Staff is dong their job.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And what's funny is that Broaddus is likely wrong there.

The reason the Cowboys and Dak have little consistent run game is because NFL teams simply don't fear Prescott and his arm. So they load up against Elliott and the run. I don't care how good an OL you think you have, if you have 5-6 blockers to block 7-8 guys, your run game is going to bog down at times.

Until Prescott shows he can beat teams with his arm, expect to see similar things to what the Texans did. Watch what Jax does this weekend. I suspect they will creep up a S and play with a fairly heavy front to make sure Elliott goes nowhere.
Michael Irvin, Nate Newton and several other ex-Cowboys agreed with Bryan Broaddus.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
All I can say is this: we have Jason Garrett as a coach because of what Aikman said about his potential. Will Jerry listen to him again?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I love Troy. Always refer to him. What he said is true. Absolutely true. But...

Troy seems to forget how his accuracy, precision and execution also regressed or got affected drastically in his later years when his Oline was no longer that good and he was constantly under pressure or getting sacked.

He and everyone else should remember that.
Tweet him and let him know your thoughts.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
All I can say is this: we have Jason Garrett as a coach because of what Aikman said about his potential. Will Jerry listen to him again?
Ha! Good point. Garrett is here thanks to Troy's full endorsement to Jerry. We all see what Garrett has accomplished (or a lack of it), so what does that say about Troy's advice/recommendations? lol

Sydla

Reaction score
Michael Irvin, Nate Newton and several other ex-Cowboys agreed with Bryan Broaddus.

I saw Irving just say almost the exact opposite last week. That until the Cowboys passing offense starts clicking, teams are going to focus on taking Elliott away.

And watch the Texans game again. It's pretty damn clear what they were doing. They loaded the line and took Elliott away because they has zero fear of Prescott beating them down the field.

It's bizarre to blame no running game for Prescott's woes when in fact, you are seeing defenses show almost zero respect for Prescott and these WRs in the passing game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I saw Irving just say almost the exact opposite last week. That until the Cowboys passing offense starts clicking, teams are going to focus on taking Elliott away.

And watch the Texans game again. It's pretty damn clear what they were doing. They loaded the line and took Elliott away because they has zero fear of Prescott beating them down the field.
Seriously? There was even a thread created during the week last week by a fellow poster showing a video of Michael being passionately upset with the whole receiving crew.

Reaction score

It's bizarre to blame no running game for Prescott's woes when in fact, you are seeing defenses show almost zero respect for Prescott and these WRs in the passing game.
This is basically what Clowney said after the game. They left their CB's on an island and loaded up the box to stop Zeke.

The Jags will do the same thing, but with much better personnel.