Tucson Shop Owner & Employee Kill One Intruder, Wound Three

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Hostile;3405229 said:
It amazes me how few people actually grasp that. No boycotts of the Fed?

No kidding.

These U.S. Border Patrol checkpoints throughout this area do the same thing. My brother-in-law is an agent. They ask everyone if they're a citizen. My wife, who is half Mexican-American, has to answer that question every day when she drives to work, and she doesn't mind. They profile. It's what they do. She knows they are there to protect her.

So now, a state wants to help enforce these federal laws and have at least some authority to protect itself? And that's a problem? I think some people just look for a reason to be upset, show how sensitive they are, and cry injustice.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chief;3405246 said:
No kidding.

These U.S. Border Patrol checkpoints throughout this area do the same thing. My brother-in-law is an agent. They ask everyone if they're a citizen. My wife, who is half Mexican-American, has to answer that question every day when she drives to work, and she doesn't mind. They profile. It's what they do. She knows they are there to protect her.

So now, a state wants to help enforce these federal laws and have at least some authority to protect itself? And that's a problem? I think some people just look for a reason to be upset, show how sensitive they are, and cry injustice.

It is more than that, groups like LARAZA want open border policy put in place. If these groups spent half the time trying to fix the Mexican Government as they do trying to change our laws they might actually make a difference for the people of Mexico. No reason in the world that Mexico should be as poor off as they are

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I'd bet 90% of the people who oppose the Arizona law really need to reevaluate themselves because they are forming opinions based on someone else's opinion. It's not that hard.....stop being a mindless sheep and read the damn thing. Don't be a Holder or Napolitano and speak out based on talking points from a political party without even knowing what the thing says.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski;3405257 said:
I'd bet 90% of the people who oppose the Arizona law really need to reevaluate themselves because they are forming opinions based on someone else's opinion. It's not that hard.....stop being a mindless sheep and read the damn thing. Don't be a Holder or Napolitano and speak out based on talking points from a political party without even knowing what the thing says.

Are you off your darn rocker. If that happened we would be able to solve half of the problems in this country through honest and intellectual discourse instead of dumbing down lies and half trues to tell the masses to follow you or demean the other side.
WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3405245 said:
Mexico's immigration laws are crazy, they are hypocrites for complaining about ours. However the fact remains that the last time I checked Mexico was not a state in the united states...New Mexico is not mexico.

Furthermore crying out where are the boycotts of mexico or heck add in Saudi Arabia or China or any other country that does things we might not like...does not matter when you are talking about a state in the United States of America.

Whether I agree with the law or not, I do know that it is in a State that is in MY country...I believed that we let other countries, for the most part, run their own governments and laws.
I am sorry, but I do not agree with you, and I know how badly that can go on these topics. Mexico is talking about boycotting Arizona. Their President who is foaming at the mouth about our Law is the very same hypocrite who passed Mexico's Law. The last time I checked Mexico was not in the United States.

Oh, and I was born and raised in New Mexico. Don't ever smugly tell me it is not Mexico again. Yes, I am serious.

I would rather you delete the comments in bold than respond to them.

tecolote

Reaction score
Chief;3405246 said:
No kidding.

I get where you are coming from Chief, but here's the thing, under the Arizona law, your wife could be stopped on the street based only on the way she looks, and if she didn't have proof of citizenship on her, she could be detained.

Would you be for that?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tecolote;3405291 said:
I get where you are coming from Chief, but here's the thing, under the Arizona law, your wife could be stopped on the street based only on the way she looks, and if she didn't have proof of citizenship on her, she woud be detained.

Would you be for that?
That is not true at all. Please do not buy that line, because it is propaganda, not truth.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Typically those who don't mind 'a little' profiling are typically not the ones that would be subject to it.

If I ever need to go to Arizona, I will be sure to have everything from a Social Security Card, Photo IDs and Utility Bills in my name. I wouldn't want to risk getting deported.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3405301 said:
Typically those who don't mind 'a little' profiling are typically not the ones that would be subject to it.

If I ever need to go to Arizona, I will be sure to have everything from a Social Security Card, Photo IDs and Utility Bills in my name. I wouldn't want to risk getting deported.
There is no risk unless you break the law and one proper form of ID is all that is needed.

Find a way to profile me, and I will be in favor of it if it is about sustaining our laws. Either that, or find a solution to our problems here that doesn't include profiling. Good luck with that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3405301 said:

Where would they deport you to if you are a US Citizen? It is the crazy comments that become a joke.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3405289 said:
I am sorry, but I do not agree with you, and I know how badly that can go on these topics. Mexico is talking about boycotting Arizona. Their President who is foaming at the mouth about our Law is the very same hypocrite who passed Mexico's Law. The last time I checked Mexico was not in the United States.

Oh, and I was born and raised in New Mexico. Don't ever smugly tell me it is not Mexico again. Yes, I am serious.

I would rather you delete the comments in bold than respond to them.

You might want to tighten the belt on them big britches and check your PMs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;3405302 said:
There is no risk unless you break the law and one proper form of ID is all that is needed.

Find a way to profile me, and I will be in favor of it if it is about sustaining our laws. Either that, or find a solution to our problems here that doesn't include profiling. Good luck with that.

It is funny we talk of profiling yet when a serial killer is on the loose FBI does have a certain profile which is white male from age 35 to 50. I have yet to hear White Males ages 35 to 50 up in arms over this.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;3405309 said:
It is funny we talk of profiling yet when a serial killer is on the loose FBI does have a certain profile which is white male from age 35 to 50. I have yet to hear White Males ages 35 to 50 up in arms over this.

wayne-williams-1.jpg

Wishes FBI would have stuck with their profiles.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
tecolote;3405291 said:
I get where you are coming from Chief, but here's the thing, under the Arizona law, your wife could be stopped on the street based only on the way she looks, and if she didn't have proof of citizenship on her, she could be detained.

Would you be for that?

She would show them her driver's license and that would be it. Most people carry that with them at all times.

I've heard of this extreme scenario before, and I doubt it would ever happen like that.

tecolote

Reaction score
Hostile;3405295 said:
That is not true at all. Please do not buy that line, because it is propaganda, not truth.

Hey Hos, look, I have read parts of the bill, and it does make the failure to carry immigration documents a crime, and it does give police officers the power to ask for those papers to anyone they think could be in the US illegaly.

I'm mexican, and illegal immigration is the result of dacades of corrupt mexican governments that can't provide it's citizens with basic living wages, I hate it when people here try to blame our ills on the US, it's all our doing and you guys have every right to protect your borders.

Having said that, I do thing this law crosses the line.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3405314 said:
wayne-williams-1.jpg

Profile does not mean 100% correct however there is a higher probability based on past facts.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tecolote;3405321 said:
Hey Hos, look, I have read parts of the bill, and it does make the failure to carry immigration documents a crime, and it does give police officers the power to ask for those papers to anyone they think could be in the US illegaly.

I'm mexican, and illegal immigration is the result of dacades of corrupt mexican governments that can't provide it's citizens with basic living wages, I hate it when people here try to blame our ills on the US, it's all our doing and you guys have every right to protect your borders.

Having said that, I do thing this law crosses the line.

FED law requires non US citizens to carry documentation as well.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3405314 said:
wayne-williams-1.jpg

:laugh2:

I typically disagree with Rick Perry on just about everything, but I like his thoughts here:

Rick Perry said:
"I fully recognize and support a state's right and obligation to protect its citizens, but I have concerns with portions of the law passed in Arizona and believe it would not be the right direction for Texas"

link

tecolote

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3405327 said:
FED law requires non US citizens to carry documentation as well.

Hey Dooms, I did not know that, I travel 3 or 4 times a year to the US, and I always leave my passport and visa in the hotel or wherever I'm staying, I never carry them with me.

Good to know.