Tulsa LB - Zaven Collins

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Voch Lombardi just did a video breakdown on Parsons. Check it out and let me know if you still want to draft him. I want 1 of the top 2 corners or Pitts if we have a top 10 pick. Don’t really like the 2nd tier corners, today we get to see a few with Georgia and Clemson
I follow Voch. He is more of an offensive line guy, like Jeff Cavanaugh is a receiver guy. Unless you are a perfect prospect defensively Voch finds issues with you. I watch their videos together. Quiet entertaining. Parsons is probably the most athletic weak side linebacker to ever come out in the draft. You can’t pass on that talent at number 10.

You don’t see another Diggs? I can’t believe he fell to the 2nd round. His brother is a pro receiver and he went to Alabama. Scouts got to caught up with the LSU game I guess.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Parsons in the 1st and a CB in the 2nd is a homer in for me. Outside of Farley, none of these dudes have legit #1CB potential.

The drop off from the 1st and 2nd round CBS isn’t that big IMO.
Who are the second tier prospects to keep an eye on? We need another Diggs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Lombardi is one opinion. Take a look at some of the other expert analysis of Parsons. I’ve seen enough to know that he’s the best defensive prospect in this draft.
Understand that's just 1 opinion, but there are some other mixed reviews regarding Parsons. If a team is going to take an off the ball linebacker within the top 10, he better he an elite 3 down player, which I don't think Parsons is at this juncture. Has the upside to become one, but it's more of a projection.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I follow Voch. He is more of an offensive line guy, like Jeff Cavanaugh is a receiver guy. Unless you are a perfect prospect defensively Voch finds issues with you. I watch their videos together. Quiet entertaining. Parsons is probably the most athletic weak side linebacker to ever come out in the draft. You can’t pass on that talent at number 10.

You don’t see another Diggs? I can’t believe he fell to the 2nd round. His brother is a pro receiver and he went to Alabama. Scouts got to caught up with the LSU game I guess.

Athleticism can only take you so far. Bruce Carter was probably the most athletic player we had at the time on the team, yet he wasn't close to being the top player.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Athleticism can only take you so far. Bruce Carter was probably the most athletic player we had at the time on the team, yet he wasn't close to being the top player.
With all respect to Bruce Carter he is no Parsons.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
With all respect to Bruce Carter he is no Parsons.
Just saying, you need more then elite, athletic abilities on the NFL Level. Many would argue both Jaylon/Lve have those traits, but aren't considered elite players at their position. The linebacker position requires high level instincts as one false step takes you out of a play. On the college level, you can overcome this with elite athleticism, not in the NFL.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Just saying, you need more then elite, athletic abilities on the NFL Level. Many would argue both Jaylon/Lve have those traits, but aren't considered elite players at their position. The linebacker position requires high level instincts as one false step takes you out of a play. On the college level, you can overcome this with elite athleticism, not in the NFL.
No prospect is perfect.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
This draft is what it is. As this draft process unfolds he is going to grade out as one of the top prospects in this draft. The top corners rate behind him. I certainly put him in the class of Edmunds and Smith from 2018. And that draft was far superior than this one.

But IMO this team isn’t ready to move on from Smith and LVE. Therefore I think they’re going to be looking at 1 of the top corners.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No prospect is perfect.
Agree, but taking that position high up, is very risky
This draft is what it is. As this draft process unfolds he is going to grade out as one of the top prospects in this draft. The top corners rate behind him. I certainly put him in the class of Edmunds and Smith from 2018. And that draft was far superior than this one.

But IMO this team isn’t ready to move on from Smith and LVE. Therefore I think they’re going to be looking at 1 of the top corners.
Think Edmunds is an actual good comparison to Parsons. 20 year old with elite, athletic traits. R. Smith is more like Nick Bolton, better day 1 player, but probably maxed out due to size/length limitations.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Think Edmunds is an actual good comparison to Parsons. 20 year old with elite, athletic traits. R. Smith is more like Nick Bolton, better day 1 player, but probably maxed out due to size/length limitations.
Bolton is going in the first round probably in the 20s but his ceiling is not that high.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I think some analysts are just starting to nitpick the top of the draft. Most of Parsons scouting reports claim + instincts/eyes which is why I like him so much. If they didn't, I'd be weary of him like I was on Jaylon.

He's the best defender in the draft IMO and I don't really even see it as a debate.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Edmunds was more raw than Parsons...similar traits, but Parsons has the higher floor coming out IMO.

I'm a VT fan too and I LOVED Edmunds coming out.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Edmunds was more raw than Parsons...similar traits, but Parsons has the higher floor coming out IMO.

I'm a VT fan too and I LOVED Edmunds coming out.
I liked him the best in that class! Maybe right about Parson’s having the higher floor.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think some analysts are just starting to nitpick the top of the draft. Most of Parsons scouting reports claim + instincts/eyes which is why I like him so much. If they didn't, I'd be weary of him like I was on Jaylon.

He's the best defender in the draft IMO and I don't really even see it as a debate.
I think the scary part from me is seeing a player like Jaylon struggling so much with lack of instincts at the position,although having elite physical traits

Johnny23

Reaction score
Was Collins in on that ridiculous brawl in yesterday's Bowl game with Mississippi State?

I really hate that idiot coaching in Starkville.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think the scary part from me is seeing a player like Jaylon struggling so much with lack of instincts at the position,although having elite physical traits

Which is why instincts is so important for LBr prospects. People ignored it with Jaylon and he’s struggling. It was a knock on Murray last year and people ignored it.

Parsons instincts are a strength which is why he’s such a special prospect.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Which is why instincts is so important for LBr prospects. People ignored it with Jaylon and he’s struggling. It was a knock on Murray last year and people ignored it.

Parsons instincts are a strength which is why he’s such a special prospect.
I was in the crowd not wanting Murray cause of that. I know most talk about Parsons has those instincts , but a few also question it, which has me somewhat nervous about the player

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Also found this on his speed...

"Collins said he doesn't know his 40-yard dash time, but a wearable GPS measured his top speed during the game-winning interception return against Tulane at 21.06 miles per hour. It's unique athleticism for a linebacker."

If this is accurate, this is unreal...like 4.5ish speed for a dude his size isn't normal.

I think he's run in the vicinity of a 4.75 40 at the combine. I'm not sure I'd invest a top 11 pick on him but like the kid in a round 1 trade-back anywhere past #22 or so. Would love him in the 2nd round.