TV shows you are watching right now

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Which goes for pretty much all Will Ferrell movies. I think the only movie he ever played that I actually laughed at at least once was probably A Night at the Roxbury.
I kinda liked The Other Guys, but generally speaking, a whole movie with him as the star is way too much of him.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
$6 with commercials, $10 commercial free.
Well that doesn't seem worth it.

What sucks is everybody was dropping their satellite contracts for these tv services. Now, with CBS, Netflix, Disney, Hulu, HBO Now, and etc. etc., by the time you sign up to all of these, you're back up to that $150 satellite tab again.

I guess the positive to them is you can password share and try to split between your friends. We do that with Hulu and Amazon Prime. :muttley::D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I binged watched Legacies seasons one and current season two on Netflix and TheCW.com. It is a good but not great show. The show is actually a bit tame at times.

What got me interested in the show is how it borrowed the X-Men premise for its own:
  • The boarding school's names are similar. Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters. Salvatore Boarding School For The Young & Gifted. Even the pattern of the two school's plaques are the same.
  • Both school's headmasters are prominent in each story. Charles Xavier is a telepath who founded the school to help them assimilate their powers and peacefully co-exist with humans. Alaric Saltzman is a human father of twin witches, who co-founded his school to help young werewolves, vampires and witches (e.g. 'supernaturals) assimilate with 'stupid human beings'.
  • Both sets of characters have abilities that must be held in check for their own good.
  • Both mutants and supernaturals are shunned, feared and sometimes despised by humans, albeit the latter are still technically kept in secret.
  • The majority of their antagonists are others like themselves. Good mutants versus bad mutants. Good supernaturals versus old and forgotten supernaturals.
One of the X-Men major (initial) characters was Jean Grey, a telekinetic telepath omega-level mutant who ultimately becomes The Phoenix. One of Legacies major, if not main, character is Hope Mikaelson, who is a cross-breed vampire, werewolf and powerful witch. Both stories revolve in differing degrees around these central characters.

it does not hurt Mikaelson's character is played by 20-year old actress Danielle Rose Russell. Russell is gorgeous but should continue working on her acting. Sometimes she slips into Blah Kristen Stewart World. :rolleyes:

Never had any interest in The Originals but character apparently originated from that show. I may eventually catch it and find out more what inspired this spin-off.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
What sucks is everybody was dropping their satellite contracts for these tv services. Now, with CBS, Netflix, Disney, Hulu, HBO Now, and etc. etc., by the time you sign up to all of these, you're back up to that $150 satellite tab again.

I guess the positive to them is you can password share and try to split between your friends. We do that with Hulu and Amazon Prime. :muttley::D
I have Netflix, CBS-All Access, Hulu, Prime, and Globo.

I don't consider prime as I have it for shipping, not the TV service as I hardly watch it. Netflix is $9, CBS $10, Hulu $2, and Globo $20. So, my TV bill is $41/month. Globo being half of that and that's because it's a Brazilian station. (my wife is Brazilian) I use Netflix the most and CBS only when there is new Star Trek stuff. Then I turn it off.

So my personal TV bill is $20 when new Star Trek is out and otherwise $10/month.

I will take ala carte TV over paying for 150 channels I don't want and never watch any day.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Well that doesn't seem worth it.
It's relative. I keep it while new Star Treks are showing. Then I turn it off. So if there is eight or twelve weekly episodes per year. That's $20/$30/year total without commercials. Or $12/$18 with commercials.

Given how much I enjoy Star Trek. That is well worth it for me and to each their own. Do you pay for HBO during Game of Thrones? Was it worth it?

Were any of you a House of Cards, Dexter, Walking Dead, watcher? Was paying for those channels (if you had too, don't know what station / service they were on) worth it?

For me, CBS All Access is worth it. Now, my buddy puts them on Plex and I can watch them for free. I pay for them to support them for making it. I want them to continue. If I deem something worth the money, I will pay for it.

visionary

Reaction score
It's relative. I keep it while new Star Treks are showing. Then I turn it off. So if there is eight or twelve weekly episodes per year. That's $20/$30/year total without commercials. Or $12/$18 with commercials.

Given how much I enjoy Star Trek. That is well worth it for me and to each their own. Do you pay for HBO during Game of Thrones? Was it worth it?

Were any of you a House of Cards, Dexter, Walking Dead, watcher? Was paying for those channels (if you had too, don't know what station / service they were on) worth it?

For me, CBS All Access is worth it. Now, my buddy puts them on Plex and I can watch them for free. I pay for them to support them for making it. I want them to continue. If I deem something worth the money, I will pay for it.

I’ve also got the Disney+
It’s pretty good and definitely worth it given it has all Disney and most Marvel stuff on it

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I’ve also got the Disney+
It’s pretty good and definitely worth it given it has all Disney and most Marvel stuff on it
Oh yeah, I forgot I have Disney+ too. I got it for The Mandalorian, but now that that is over. My daughter decided to watch the Simpsons for the first time when we first got it and now she is binge watching that show. Given how many years that's been around. (what 30 years?!??!) That should last her until she is at least what 20 years old? lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not watching TV shows right now, I am posting. Holy ADD, you think I can watch TV and do this at the same time? I am lucky if I can do either.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh yeah, I forgot I have Disney+ too. I got it for The Mandalorian, but now that that is over. My daughter decided to watch the Simpsons for the first time when we first got it and now she is binge watching that show. Given how many years that's been around. (what 30 years?!??!) That should last her until she is at least what 20 years old? lol.
You might wanna bring in a nurse with an IV.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Got through the first 2 Mind Of Aaron Hernandez on Netfix last night. Dude's even crazier than I thought he was. He's shot people we didn't even know about and gotten away with it. He was right on the cusp of becoming a serial killer.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Got through the first 2 Mind Of Aaron Hernandez on Netfix last night. Dude's even crazier than I thought he was. He's shot people we didn't even know about and gotten away with it. He was right on the cusp of becoming a serial killer.

This is on my list of things to watch.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Pretty big "say what?" moment about 50 minutes into episode 1

shabazz

Reaction score
I never cared for The Office either...and I think Golden Girls was damn funny.

Binge watching The Office currently; however 'Im a poor indicator of current shows. I never watch a sitcom or series when during its inception. I didn't even start watching Family Guy until it had been cancelled and brought back. Same with Seinfeld, Big Bang, and many other series. I passed over the Office dozens of times and agreed with you that it was stupid until I caught the right episode and it started too make sense. Cant stop watching it now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Binge watching The Office currently; however 'Im a poor indicator of current shows. I never watch a sitcom or series when during its inception. I didn't even start watching Family Guy until it had been cancelled and brought back. Same with Seinfeld, Big Bang, and many other series. I passed over the Office dozens of times and agreed with you that it was stupid until I caught the right episode and it started too make sense. Cant stop watching it now.
Like you, I was late to the party and I don't like TV sitcoms but I absolutely loved The Office and watched the entire series. It fits my sense of humor but I can see some not liking it.

Then, I followed up with Parks and Recreation, which is the same idea, no laugh track and playing to the camera and it's not as good except for the characters Leslie Knope and Ron Swanson. Swanson is my hero of humor. A government employee that detests the government.

Now, I am on Schitts Creek and it's got some killer lines and the same kind of goofiness that The Office and Parks and Rec have. I've always liked Eugene Levy's sense of humor and his son in it is really funny.

shabazz

Reaction score
Like you, I was late to the party and I don't like TV sitcoms but I absolutely loved The Office and watched the entire series. It fits my sense of humor but I can see some not liking it.

Then, I followed up with Parks and Recreation, which is the same idea, no laugh track and playing to the camera and it's not as good except for the characters Leslie Knope and Ron Swanson. Swanson is my hero of humor. A government employee that detests the government.

Now, I am on Schitts Creek and it's got some killer lines and the same kind of goofiness that The Office and Parks and Rec have. I've always liked Eugene Levy's sense of humor and his son in it is really funny.

No doubt, 5 years from now i'll be saying, "check out this show with Baby Yoda".........my viewership is like my flip phone; outdated