Tyler Smith was dominating

Ken

Reaction score
Until it gets real, we won't know how well he's going to do in his first season.
I expect mentals and a good amount of penalties from him this year.

I also expect bigger holes for our running game than we have seen in quite a long time.

He also is going to bring some nastiness to our OL that desperately needs it.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'm saying that was clearly a holding penalty. Again- the defender beat him to the spot and his only recourse was to use his left arm. His body was completely out of position and he took the guy to the ground. There's nothing to argue about from my end. The bigger question is why are you simping over a penalty? It's literally the kid's first game. Let him be accountable and get better.

It wasn't though. His first game , don't ruin the kid aggressiveness because the ref is over zealous and inconsistent on what they call a hold, that clearly isn't

Haimerej

Reaction score
It wasn't though. His first game , don't ruin the kid aggressiveness because the ref is over zealous and inconsistent on what they call a hold, that clearly isn't

Again, completely out of position with his body and reaching wide with his left arm. Taking the defender to the ground. His problem there wasn't aggression. It was slow feet and adjusting to the speed of an NFL LB who is playing downhill.

There's no need to look the other way. I'm sure he's looking at it with his coaches. Again- first game in the NFL. He's not polished. Why expect perfection?

Dre11

Reaction score
Again, completely out of position with his body and reaching wide with his left arm. Taking the defender to the ground. His problem there wasn't aggression. It was slow feet and adjusting to the speed of an NFL LB who is playing downhill.

There's no need to look the other way. I'm sure he's looking at it with his coaches. Again- first game in the NFL. He's not polished. Why expect perfection?

You're the only one who see's that, he clearly just used the rusher moment to the ground and pancakes him. Nothing there is a hold

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We need to seriously minimize penalties no doubt, but this was the first game of pre-season with a bunch of 2nd and third stringers on both teams. I am not as worried at this juncture to the degree of projecting penalties for the year. But your point is well taken.
So last time this team was on the field they set the record for penalties in a playoff game with 14 penalties. Now first game of next season almost tie the record of penalties in a preseason game. Its a really really bad trend

Haimerej

Reaction score
You're the only one who see's that, he clearly just used the rusher moment to the ground and pancakes him. Nothing there is a hold

If I were the only one you wouldn't have brought it up to begin with.

conner01

Reaction score
Despite the 2 penalties one of which was questionable. He’s a rookie and will make mistakes but he’s going to be the starter.

He was but he has to clean up the penalties
Last nights game would have been a different game without the penalties
Can’t expect either side of the ball to overcome so many penalties

conner01

Reaction score
I was watching Smith quite a bit that play he took his man to the ground very nice . Did Josh Ball play decently ? I think Martin Smith McGovern and Farniok can cover the guard spot it’s left tackle with 77 I’m worried about .

Someone made the comment that LT may very well be the Cowboys choice in next April’s first round but that doesn’t help 2022 .
It’s hard to judge the line play from tv but I didn’t notice ball making any huge mistakes

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You would have a point if we were actually bad. But we have very good players. You don't win 12 games and lead the NFL in points with bad players. Something doesn't add up.

Also, think about the strange calls and penalties (both on and off the field) that have gone against us. From the Dez catch to the huddle penalty that hadn't been called in the NFL since 1984.

I can't blame Cowboy fans for being paranoid about officials. Really what other NFL team has had more strange things go against us drop refs than us.

Take a look here and you will clearly see that your conspiracy theory has no legs to stand on: https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?yr=2021

Yeah Dallas has been in the top half of the league in penalties for the last few years, but before that they were in the bottom half. Like any NFL team their penalties fluctuate year over year. It is completely ludicrous to attribute this to a conspiracy to prevent their most popular and globally marketable franchise from winning.