Ufc 114

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rampage;3419931 said:
yeah Catch, that's just what everyone wants to see another lay n pray champ like gsp. but than again atleast gsp has tried to finish some of his fights. Rashad lay n prayed Silva than got lucky he made it out of that fight with his 3rd round blunder. than he did the same thing against Quinton. what's funny was Rashad hit Rampage with everything he had in the 1st 20 seconds of the fight and it didn't even hurt Rampage, it just knocked him off balance. Rashad knows he can't stand and bang with the top 205ers so he's gonna turn it into a boring wrestling match for now on. he even said that much in his post fight interview.

He said he is going to start relying on wrestling more because it is his bread and butter.

And Rashad can stand and bang with 205ers. Just not someone like Rampage who can clip you and you're out.

The guy has lost 1 fight and he lost it because he got in the ring and fought like a total *** clown.

Rashad has the ability to knock anyone out in that division.

His chin is the only thing that scares me. Just like GSP.

If Rashad doesn't get knocked out when he fights he is most likely not going to lose.

Ren

Reaction score
The Machida fight wasn't 1 mistake that cost him cause he was never really winning that fight before he got KO'd. He survived mistakes in his last 2 fights but if he makes one against Shogun it's over, even if he doesn't there's a really good chance he loses anyways. Shogun is just a better fighter then Rashad.

He's a much better striker then Rashad and is at the very least equal on the ground and in saying that i'm actually being very generous to Rashad . I see nothing going into that fight where i would say Rashad has an advantage even if he makes no mistakes. In a pure ground fight i'd take the former BJJ champion over a slightly above average wrestler any day, in a pure stand up fight it's not even close

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;3420139 said:
The Machida fight wasn't 1 mistake that cost him cause he was never really winning that fight before he got KO'd. He survived mistakes in his last 2 fights but if he makes one against Shogun it's over, even if he doesn't there's a really good chance he loses anyways. Shogun is just a better fighter then Rashad.

He's a much better striker then Rashad and is at the very least equal on the ground and in saying that i'm actually being very generous to Rashad . I see nothing going into that fight where i would say Rashad has an advantage even if he makes no mistakes. In a pure ground fight i'd take the former BJJ champion over a slightly above average wrestler any day, in a pure stand up fight it's not even close
it's extremely generous to Rashad cause it's far from the truth. the only thing Rashad has on Shogun is better takedowns. everything else Shogun is better at.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
CATCH17;3419675 said:
There is a way and thats that Rashad can control any fight on the ground and win by decision.

If he wants to he can be the GSP of 205.

Machida might be his Matt Serra too. No way does Rashad lose to Machida if he doesn't go in their fighting like a total DA.

He really pissed me off that night and I was in Vegas on top of all that so I had to hear the Machida bandwagon chronies goin nuts.
Machida has trained in Sumo so that helps with his take down defense. He just kept shrugging Rashad off in their last fight if I remember everything correctly.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cover 2;3420221 said:
Machida has trained in Sumo so that helps with his take down defense. He just kept shrugging Rashad off in their last fight if I remember everything correctly.

Rashad just tried to stand up with him and started talking crap and got knockedo ut by a simple jab in the process.

I think when Shogun and Rashad step into the ring Rashad is going to walk out lightweight heavyweight Champ. Again.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3420261 said:
Rashad just tried to stand up with him and started talking crap and got knockedo ut by a simple jab in the process.

I think when Shogun and Rashad step into the ring Rashad is going to walk out lightweight heavyweight Champ. Again.
it's like you want it to happen. do you enjoy paying to watch Rashad "fight" or as i should say wrestle?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rampage;3420276 said:
it's like you want it to happen. do you enjoy paying to watch Rashad "fight" or as i should say wrestle?

Rashad is my favorite fighter so I hope he wins. If its by wrestling than fine.

But Rashad hasn't tried to "GSP" his way to very many wins in the UFC.

I expect a lot more stand up from him than GSP.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3420279 said:
Rashad is my favorite fighter so I hope he wins. If its by wrestling than fine.

But Rashad hasn't tried to "GSP" his way to very many wins in the UFC.

I expect a lot more stand up from him than GSP.
he has in his last 2 fights and what do you think he's gonna try to do to Shogun?

also why is he your fav? he's such a punk and isn't even entertaining since Machida ko'd him.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I dont think some of you are giving Rashard enough credit. He landed some pretty good shots at the end of the first round and in the 3rd round with his ground and pound. Enough that 2 of the 3 judges gave him the 3rd round. He doesnt have Rampage's power but he still brings it.

Anyone who thought or was expecting him to stand toe to toe with Rampage is off their rocker. He played to his own strengths instead of letting his ego get him knocked out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rampage;3420284 said:
he has in his last 2 fights and what do you think he's gonna try to do to Shogun?

also why is he your fav? he's such a punk and isn't even entertaining since Machida ko'd him.

I always liked Rashad because everyone is always talking bad about him and they say he isn't very good but all the guy ever does is win.

It started when he was on the Ultimate Fighter and won as a heavyweight.

Dude defies odds and now he is world class and about to be 2 time Light Heavyweight champ.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doomsday;3420339 said:
I dont think some of you are giving Rashard enough credit. He landed some pretty good shots at the end of the first round and in the 3rd round with his ground and pound. Enough that 2 of the 3 judges gave him the 3rd round. He doesnt have Rampage's power but he still brings it.

Anyone who thought or was expecting him to stand toe to toe with Rampage is off their rocker. He played to his own strengths instead of letting his ego get him knocked out.

That goes for any fighter too. Boxing with Rampage is a death sentence.

Which makes the Forrest Griffin fight that much more impressive even though I felt Rampage should've kept the belt.

neosapien23

Reaction score
CATCH17;3420376 said:

Which makes the Forrest Griffin fight that much more impressive even though I felt Rampage should've kept the belt

Gotta disagree with you on that one. Griffin clearly won that fight. He was much busier and did not gas out like Rampage did. I think a highly motivated Rampage knocks out a Griffin and a Evans but this Rampage is no longer hungry. I don't think Rampage wants to be a fighter anymore and he showed up out of shape against Evans and it showed. He gassed out after the first round and Evans was victorious because he was in better shape. Rampage had to lose 50 pounds for this fight and it showed in his performance.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
neosapien23;3420434 said:
Gotta disagree with you on that one. Griffin clearly won that fight. He was much busier and did not gas out like Rampage did. I think a highly motivated Rampage knocks out a Griffin and a Evans but this Rampage is no longer hungry. I don't think Rampage wants to be a fighter anymore and he showed up out of shape against Evans and it showed. He gassed out after the first round and Evans was victorious because he was in better shape. Rampage had to lose 50 pounds for this fight and it showed in his performance.

Rampage said himself Rashad was going to get the best Rampage there has ever been.

Obviously he didn't but Rashad had a little to do with that as well.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
CATCH17;3420370 said:
I always liked Rashad because everyone is always talking bad about him and they say he isn't very good but all the guy ever does is win.

It started when he was on the Ultimate Fighter and won as a heavyweight.

Dude defies odds and now he is world class and about to be 2 time Light Heavyweight champ.
I will give you that Rashad is just a winner. He may not be the most physically talented fighter but he wins. I give a lot of the credit to Greg Jackson, but Rashad is patient enough to follow the game plan.

I don't like him personally though.

Ren

Reaction score
CATCH17;3420376 said:

In the case of Shogun Rampage it was, but for Rampage

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLwU9GGcEHk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLwU9GGcEHk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ren;3420544 said:
In the case of Shogun Rampage it was, but for Rampage

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLwU9GGcEHk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OLwU9GGcEHk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Rampage struggles bigtime with that type of fighter.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fun to listen to the rampage fans whining cause he lost.:laugh2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rampage;3419995 said:
I agree. the matchmaking(Joe Silva) is terrible and has been for years. it should be

Rashad vs Shogun
obvious

Rampage vs Forrest or maybe Lil Nog.

Page is a fan favorite and just came off a 14 month layoff. they should be giving him a fight to get him back in rhythm and to get his confidence back since he is a fan favorite. plus Forrest has nobody to fight and Lil Nog "won" a decision over a guy who isn't even a top 10 lhw.

Machida vs maybe Bones Jones or Ryan Bader or Cyrille Diabate.

ya know?

I agree. I think those would be better, more sound, match ups that would be more exciting.

Rampage;3420206 said:
it's extremely generous to Rashad cause it's far from the truth. the only thing Rashad has on Shogun is better takedowns. everything else Shogun is better at.

Again I agree. Rashad simply isn't in Shoguns league when it comes to striking and there is no way he's going to attempt to stand and throw with him. He'll do exactly like he did with Rampage where he'll try and hold him in the cage, take him down, and hope he can eek out a points win that way.

CATCH17;3420261 said:

Machida isn't the only person whose hurt Rashad. He's just the only person whose finished him. Shogun will as well.

NeOnDeioN

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3421188 said:
I agree. I think those would be better, more sound, match ups that would be more exciting.

Again I agree. Rashad simply isn't in Shoguns league when it comes to striking and there is no way he's going to attempt to stand and throw with him. He'll do exactly like he did with Rampage where he'll try and hold him in the cage, take him down, and hope he can eek out a points win that way.

Machida isn't the only person whose hurt Rashad. He's just the only person whose finished him. Shogun will as well.

But he wont finish Lil nog... hence back in pride when they had the best MMA fight in pride EVER.. so put him against lil nog already jesus.. machida made evans look like a rag doll.. and machida fears lil nog trust me.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
NeOnDeioN;3422014 said:
But he wont finish Lil nog... hence back in pride when they had the best MMA fight in pride EVER.. so put him against lil nog already jesus.. machida made evans look like a rag doll.. and machida fears lil nog trust me.
Okay :confused: