Ultimate Chris Palmer Conspiracy Thread***merged***

50cent

Reaction score
Dale said:
To add, expect more "speculation" once the draft rolls around. Like when he "speculated" the day before the draft on The Ticket that, "don't be surprised" if Quincy Carter was on our radar. And how, a few years back, we liked that defensive lineman, Kevin Williams, who a majority here (self included) became a nervous wreck that we may spend such a high pick on a guy that seemed like a nobody at the time. And, indeed, people inside the organization have since admitted publicly, and have been quoted, saying that we were interested in him.

You can't definitively say who we will hire, sign, draft, etc. in advance. There are far too many variables at play. Again, all you can really do is speculate.
Dale, every year we bring in kids that not BP likes but also JJ likes on our draft day. You know this. It not hard to say that BP like this guy or that guy, because if he didn't like the kid, they wouldn't be at the ranch. I'm talking about pertinent info. Breaking news info, concrete info. I thought it was a shame that the turd reported that QC was being cut and the ticket before Mickey even woke up. That type of info. Here's the type of speculation that I come to expect from Mickey. Hold your breathe, here it comes. "The Dallas Cowboys may look to trade or cut Ellis and Glover this off-season." Really Mickey, tell me something that we already don't know.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
But wouldn't Payton now that he is a head coach want to install his offense and have a firm grip on it? Thats why it doesn't make sense to me that Palmer would want to go to NO where'd it'd be two cooks in the kitchen who might not have the same recipe.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
Thats why it doesn't make sense to me that Palmer would want to go to NO where'd it'd be two cooks in the kitchen who might not have the same recipe.

If he came to Dallas, he would be the humble salad man to Coach Parcells' head chef. What's the difference?

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
What are Bill and Jerry doin, takin a nap, while all the decent coaches just get picked up by other teams. They need to get with the program, where gonna end up with an awful OC, GET WIT IT BILL AND JERRY

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Dale said:
It's definitely disturbing that, seemingly, Payton has already pulled a fast one on Parcells.

Its comical....until you imagine Haley or Sparano running the offense.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I have often wondered why more big-name assistants have not been attracted to Dallas yet. Parcells is at it again for the fourth time now.

I doubt the issue is Jerry won't spend the money.

I doubt the issue is BP doesn't want to surround himself with quality veterans at this stage of his career (similar reason to why he won't go with a young QB)

I doubt the issue is that he isn't trying to bring in good coaches.

The only thing that comes to mind is other coaches out there may not want to work with BP at this stage of his career. There is probably not enough time left in his career for BP to groom anyone. Knowing that BP is here for two more years tops doesn't suggest much job stability. Finally, there is the issue of the alleged atrocious working conditions.

I suspect we will be dredging through the nether regions of the coaching world.

This is very disappointing. I really don't want to see Sprano as the OC - I have zero confidence in that guy.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Dale said:
My thoughts exactly, Chief. Was there even any reported in Palmer from New Orleans?

It's definitely disturbing that, seemingly, Payton has already pulled a fast one on Parcells.

And Parcells continues to slip.

Not that high on Palmer...But somethings not right here

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Alexander said:
If he came to Dallas, he would be the humble salad man to Coach Parcells' head chef. What's the difference?

The difference is he's already worked under Parcells. So something between the two of them is probably on the same page or hopefully close to it.

I don't believe anything is offical yet, but I don't know, just haven't seen anything 'official' yet.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
50cent said:
Dale, every year we bring in kids that not BP likes but also JJ likes on our draft day. You know this. It not hard to say that BP like this guy or that guy, because if he didn't like the kid, they wouldn't be at the ranch. I'm talking about pertinent info. Breaking news info, concrete info. I thought it was a shame that the turd reported that QC was being cut and the ticket before Mickey even woke up. That type of info. Here's the type of speculation that I come to expect from Mickey. Hold your breathe, here it comes. "The Dallas Cowboys may look to trade or cut Ellis and Glover this off-season." Really Mickey, tell me something that we already don't know.

And most of the names Mickey throws out prior to draft day as guys to "keep an eye on" (like Quincy) are not the names you saw at the Ranch earlier that day.

And Mickey was not "asleep" when The Ticket was reporting of Quincy's release. The Ticket initially reported how he was absent from practice. Mickey knew of Quincy's release while The Ticket was still speculating the possible reasons explaining his absence.

If you recall, this board was going crazy that day, and I was keeping an eye on the site to see the speculation. And considering I knew the news long before it was even reported publicly or relayed here (hmm, who might my source have been on this story?), I'd imagine Mickey, too, knew the news.

Everyone has faults, but it seems like you're grasping at straws here in your hatred for the guy. I mean, saying he was asleep? C'mon.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Man, real busy day at work, didnt have time to post but I was sure that Palmer to Dallas was a done deal.

I really wouldnt be surprised if Parcells picked up the offensive play calling duties himself.

As I stated, I really didnt feel there was going to be a whole heck of alot of changes to the playcalling no matter if you are dealing with Payton, Palmer or Parcells.

Realistically, the only thing that could cause a significant change in play calling on both sides of the ball is most likely new personnel on the field.

- Mike G.

50cent

Reaction score
Dale said:
To my knowledge, no one even suggested Palmer as a candidate prior to Mickey. Thus my saying that he broke the news that he would be on the radar.

I'll reserve judgment on how "wrong" he was now that Palmer has landed elsewhere when we see a more detailed report. It looks awfully fishy to me that he came in and interviewed here -- was there even a reported interview going on in New Orleans? -- and even caused Jerry to leave Mobile to come in and talk to him (leading one reporter to say that that made it seem like a sure bet he would be hired), only to see him land elsewhere the next day? And not even in New York, who also was reportedly hot on his trail?

Again, I'm interested in seeing the details of what went down that caused him going elsewhere.

The fact Palmer, to date, has been the reported lone candidate to interview leads me to believe that, on our end, he WAS the man. Maybe he didn't like the idea of coming here? I guess we'll find out later tonight.
Again, I'll say he didn't break anything as far as the interview. Mickey boldly predicted that Palmer was the man. When you hear statements like that, you assume with his ties to the organization that he knows something concrete. Upon hearing that Payton would interview for the second time with NO, I started reading about Palmer as a possible replacement candidate on another board. It wasn't a surprise to hear his name. Although, to hear Mick say that Palmer was the man, I again, against my poor judgement believed that Mick knew what was up. It was speculation! Again, I can't remember when Mick broke something of importance that came from left field adn jaw dropped everyone.

Not to ride your wanker or anything, but I even remember reading your daily updates about the dreaded debate and would think to myself, "what the hell are they seeing?" One had a totally, opposite outlook on the situation and I couldn't know who to believe. Comes to find out, your assesment was closer to what was really going on than the "vet insider"!

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
I don't know how true this article is but.....

Saints Hire Palmer As Offensive Coordinator
DallasCowboys.com Report
January 26, 2006 6:12 PM

IRVING, Texas - One day after the Cowboys interviewed Chris Palmer to replace the departed Sean Payton, the former Bill Parcells assistant coach accepted a similar position with, of all people, Payton and the New Orleans Saints.

Palmer will become Payton's offensive coordinator, meaning the Saints new head coach now has hired both coordinators, former Cowboys linebackers coach Garry Gibbs and now a guy the Cowboys were looking at to be intimately involved in the offense as Payton's replacement.

This is a rather interesting move since Palmer seemed to be a good fit in Dallas, where he would reunite with Parcells, quarterback Drew Bledsoe and offensive line coach/run-game coordinator Tony Sparano.

Palmer, who met with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones in Dallas on Wednesday morning, spent four years with Parcells in New England (1993-96), coaching wide receivers for three and then Bledsoe and the quarterbacks in 1996 when the Patriots advanced to Super Bowl XXXI. He also hired Sparano as one of his assistants after being named head coach in Cleveland (1999-2000).

But now Palmer is headed to New Orleans to join Payton, who spent the last three seasons on the Cowboys' staff. Payton was the assistant head coach/passing game coordinator last year and called the offensive plays.

Payton, named head coach in New Orleans last week, already had hired Gibbs as the Saints defensive coordinator, and was interested in bringing Sparano along before the Cowboys denied him permission to speak with the Cowboys' offensive line coach.

"By the weekend, I'd like to have both coordinators in place and a special teams coordinator in place," Payton said Wednesday. "I've got about seven more people I'm looking to interview."

Apparently, Palmer was the best option for the Saints, and consequently, no longer an option for the Cowboys, if indeed they were interested in hiring him following the mid-week interview.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I really wouldnt be surprised if Parcells picked up the offensive play calling duties himself.

I am not going to say that Coach Parcells cannot do it, but I would think he would be better served to not spreading himself so thin. That cannot be good.

50cent

Reaction score
Dale said:
And most of the names Mickey throws out prior to draft day as guys to "keep an eye on" (like Quincy) are not the names you saw at the Ranch earlier that day.

And Mickey was not "asleep" when The Ticket was reporting of Quincy's release. The Ticket initially reported how he was absent from practice. Mickey knew of Quincy's release while The Ticket was still speculating the possible reasons explaining his absence.

If you recall, this board was going crazy that day, and I was keeping an eye on the site to see the speculation. And considering I knew the news long before it was even reported publicly or relayed here (hmm, who might my source have been on this story?), I'd imagine Mickey, too, knew the news.

Everyone has faults, but it seems like you're grasping at straws here in your hatred for the guy. I mean, saying he was asleep? C'mon.
I was being funny when saying he was asleep. Although, I do remember Mick on the ranch report saying he would have to check into it after the board went crazy! Check into what? If you know then report it!

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
50cent said:
Again, I'll say he didn't break anything as far as the interview. Mickey boldly predicted that Palmer was the man. When you hear statements like that, you assume with his ties to the organization that he knows something concrete. Upon hearing that Payton would interview for the second time with NO, I started reading about Palmer as a possible replacement candidate on another board. It wasn't a surprise to hear his name. Although, to hear Mick say that Palmer was the man, I again, against my poor judgement believed that Mick knew what was up. It was speculation! Again, I can't remember when Mick broke something of importance that came from left field adn jaw dropped everyone.

Not to ride your wanker or anything, but I even remember reading your daily updates about the dreaded debate and would think to myself, "what the hell are they seeing?" One had a totally, opposite outlook on the situation and I couldn't know who to believe. Comes to find out, your assesment was closer to what was really going on than the "vet insider"!

I guess we're just seeing this from two totally different ends. In my opinion, anything said about possible hirings by anyone is going to be speculation until the hiring occurs.

Mickey, as you said, made a bold prediction. He wasn't reporting news because, at the time, there was no news to report. "I've heard such and such," isn't news -- it's speculation. I'd imagine he made that prediction under the pretense that people realized he was giving his opinion -- albeit an educated one -- on the matter.

Palmer hadn't even interviewed when Mickey made that statement. How could he KNOW he would be hired, if the Cowboys didn't even know? He didn't, and wasn't saying he knew such information IMO. He was merely making a prediction.