Ultimate Chris Palmer Conspiracy Thread***merged***

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
abersonc said:
of course, BP may have interviewed him as a favor to help generate interest. BP's view on coaches is well respected -- a guy down on his luck like Palmer gets a widely reported interview in Dallas and other teams might think -- "hey Chris Palmer, we should give him a look"

he already had other interviews...the Jets interviewed and reportedly wanted him

David

br4822

Reaction score
i think we forget that what alot of us have come to realize is that if dallas wants sum1 to coach or play for them they wont leave wthout a contract, =/ guess that shows how much we thought he could bring to the table. JMHO.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
he already had other interviews...the Jets interviewed and reportedly wanted him

David

yes, being interviewed by a 34 year old HC is the same as being interviewed by BP. No doubt.

sago1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Palmer was even offered the job? Frankly, Palmer was my choice over Sparano but I'd prefer Hennings of the three if there any way we could get him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Here's one - Palmer's deal is working with young QBs. Saints are going to draft one next year. What presents a better opportunity for him -- working with Leinhart or Bledsoe?

See folks. Simple as that.

Skeptic

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Man, I thought he was coming here. Man, we are going to end up with BPs old pee wee coach as an OC.

I'm fairly sure I could come up with a gameplan commensurate to what Palmer would run out there.

Good riddance.

Let's move on and find a GOOD offensive coordinator.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
I'm telling you...we should have kept Sean Payton. The whole point of getting rid of someone is to bring in someone better. If we don't then getting rid of Payton was pointless.

Lets hope Parcells finds someone who can not only take Payton's place...but actually do a better job.

we didn't get rid of Payton, the HC job of NO took him away

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Man, real busy day at work, didnt have time to post but I was sure that Palmer to Dallas was a done deal.

I really wouldnt be surprised if Parcells picked up the offensive play calling duties himself.

As I stated, I really didnt feel there was going to be a whole heck of alot of changes to the playcalling no matter if you are dealing with Payton, Palmer or Parcells.

Realistically, the only thing that could cause a significant change in play calling on both sides of the ball is most likely new personnel on the field.

- Mike G.

I'd rather hope for that, than a coordinator

playcalling and execution, go hand-in-hand, doesn't matter what type of offense you run, still need talent

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Skeptic said:
I'm fairly sure I could come up with a gameplan commensurate to what Palmer would run out there.

Good riddance.
I'd have more faith in you than I would have had in Palmer.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Seems funny that NOBODY else has even reported that NO was even interested in Palmer. Then all of the sudden, a wild fire thread starts that has him accepting a job with NO literally hours after flying into Dallas and interviewing with his longtime friend. I tend to feel, like some of the others in this thread, that there is some misunderstanding here. I listened to that broadcast and don't remember hearing anything like that...I could have missed it, but I sure don't remember it. Also, there is absolutely no mention of it in any articles that I can find on the web. I use this link and it is usually pretty comprehensive (for those that haven't used it). It is merely a compilation of articles on any team you choose, aas well as rumor articles...as well as NFL news and / or rumors. This particular link is to the Cowboys section, but to the left you'll see other teams and NFL.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/links/cowboys.html

As you can see, the articles are kept current and no mention of this rumor. Guess we'll see. Enjoy.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trueblue1687 said:
Seems funny that NOBODY else has even reported that NO was even interested in Palmer. Then all of the sudden, a wild fire thread starts that has him accepting a job with NO literally hours after flying into Dallas and interviewing with his longtime friend. I tend to feel, like some of the others in this thread, that there is some misunderstanding here. I listened to that broadcast and don't remember hearing anything like that...I could have missed it, but I sure don't remember it. Also, there is absolutely no mention of it in any articles that I can find on the web. I use this link and it is usually pretty comprehensive (for those that haven't used it). It is merely a compilation of articles on any team you choose, aas well as rumor articles...as well as NFL news and / or rumors. This particular link is to the Cowboys section, but to the left you'll see other teams and NFL.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/links/cowboys.html

As you can see, the articles are kept current and no mention of this rumor. Guess we'll see. Enjoy.

From FoxSports.com

Reported Wednesday Evening Senior Bowl Notes

Former Houston Texans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer interviewed with the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday for an offensive assistant position and according to a league source, Palmer is expected to interview for the offensive coordinator opening with the New Orleans Saints.

That said, even if Palmer doesn't go to NO. It's pretty clear he ISN'T coming here. I just think maybe Palmer and BP no longer share the same coaching philosophy. Been a long time since they've worked together.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
That said, even if Palmer doesn't go to NO. It's pretty clear he ISN'T coming here. I just think maybe Palmer and BP no longer share the same coaching philosophy. Been a long time since they've worked together.

We are running out of options however.

Heimerdinger is indeed going to Denver. Mike Sherman really doesn't wish to coordinate again (but might go to Houston anyways).

Mike Sheppard is a possibility. And that is not thrilling to say the least as his offense was terrible in Buffalo and more recently, New Orleans.

There is some credence to the theory that this job just isn't attractive to a candidate unless they can deal with Coach Parcells or are quite desperate. Not everyone is eager to snatch the pebble from his hand, it appears. And that is just bad for the future of the franchise once he departs.

superpunk

Reaction score
Question. Do we really need an offensive coordinator? Really? It's not like during Parcells tenure we've had much trouble moving the ball. We're running his offense regardless of who the OC is. Our biggest problem on offense has been putting the ball in the end zone. So, IMHO, the biggest need is someone to work with these underachievers on the Oline, which wouldn't be an OC, it would be an OL coach.

If we could run the ball in the red zone, we'd be much more effective. This team is pretty dangerous between the 20's. I don't think a OC will help that much.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I don't think a OC will help that much.

I believe you do have to have someone responsible. A head coach like Bill Parcells would be more effective on gameday if he did not have to worry about calling plays. There is this thing called delegation and that is a manager's best friend.

Besides, you do have to have someone responsible for that side of the football. If Coach Parcells won a championship without a coordinator designing and at least organizing things, then he would be special indeed.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
We are running out of options however.

Heimerdinger is indeed going to Denver. Mike Sherman really doesn't wish to coordinate again (but might go to Houston anyways).

Mike Sheppard is a possibility. And that is not thrilling to say the least as his offense was terrible in Buffalo and more recently, New Orleans.

There is some credence to the theory that this job just isn't attractive to a candidate unless they can deal with Coach Parcells or are quite desperate. Not everyone is eager to snatch the pebble from his hand, it appears. And that is just bad for the future of the franchise once he departs.
I actually that there just aren't enough good coordinators out there regardless of any issues there might be working with BP. There were 10 coaching staff changes this year. That's normally unheard of in the NFL. The high end coaches that everyone wanted didn't share the same coaching philosophy as BP and that played a huge part in why they weren't brought in outside of the fact that Payton has only been gone two weeks.

I've got concerns about the potential in-house candidates, but that may be the best route to go THIS year simply because there aren't enough good candidates to be brought in under BP.

per John Clayton blog:

Well-coordinated: The remaining offensive coordinator jobs are: Denver, Detroit, New Orleans and New York Jets. The available offensive coordinators are Chris Palmer, Mike Sheppard, Tom Clements and Hue Jackson. Also available for those jobs are former head coaches Mike Martz, Mike Sherman and Mike Tice.
Unlike some people, I didn't have that much of an issue w/the offensive coaching. OL coach gets an incomplete. How effective could he be really with the guys out there? I put alot of the offensive issues on the actual players than I do the coaching. The play might be the right one called, but a receiver drops the ball, Bledsoe misfires, RB can't get out of the back field, OL whiffs a block. I just can't put all of that on the coaching.

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I believe you do have to have someone responsible. A head coach like Bill Parcells would be more effective on gameday if he did not have to worry about calling plays. There is this thing called delegation and that is a manager's best friend.

Besides, you do have to have someone responsible for that side of the football. If Coach Parcells won a championship without a coordinator designing and at least organizing things, then he would be special indeed.

I'm not saying we don't need one at all, someone needs to have the offense delegated to them. I just don't think people need to keep pining away for guys like Saunders, Palmer, etc. Whoever comes here, is going to run Parcells system, which works. The problem is in the execution, particularly in the red zone. IMO, this is largely due to the sub-par play of the Oline, which hurts BAD when you're in the red zone. Could an OC help that? Maybe. I have a feeling continuity on the Oline, in addition to better coaching at that position would do more to help our offense, than bringing in some high profile coordinator.