****ULTIMATE T.OWENS THREAD *MERGE*

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
donovan mcnabb is the most overrated qb in the nfl. he knows how to throw a slant and an occasional deep ball.

that's it. he puts 75% of his passes behind the receiver, in the ground at the receiver's feet, or throws it 5 feet over their head.

2much2soon

Reaction score
They aren't better, on paper, without TO but his suspension may be a temporary rallying point for the rest of the team.

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly applaud the Eagles organization for having the cojones to take a serious stand concerning this primadonna wussy's behavior. (language filters prevent me from more accurately describing how I feel about this lowlife scum...) Way to take a pin to that overly inflated head of his
Eagles!!! :bow: Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :lmao2:

Eddie

Reaction score
Let's see what happens. The Raiders have shown to be BETTER with Randy Moss out. So who knows?

The Vikings problems go alot further than Randy Moss ... it all started with the previous management, or mis-management.

The Iggles made the NFC championship game three years in a row without TO ... I give them the benefit of the doubt, but wouldn't mind seeing them get their butts whipped either.

I'm not rooting for the Commanders, but if they lay a whooping on the Iggles, I wouldn't complain ... I just don't expect it.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
ZRO said:
Who believes they're better without Owens?
There are people saying it and they're oh so wrong. They think this is the 2002 Eagles and not the 2005 Eagles.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
Anyone who can find a sliver of blame for Donovan McNabb in this is an example of just how distorted viewpoints can become when anti-team classlessness becomes widespread.
No one is blaming Donovan, but they are saying that if he was the leader that he should be he might have nipped this in the bud long ago.

Nors' analogy is perfect.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
McNabb just can't catch a break..for most QBs playing thru pain makes them an "Ironman" (sure always did for Farve despite his performances) and was a clear demonstration of leadership as well as guts. Never expect others to do what you won't do yourself..and here is DM playing with this sports hernia being called out for not being a leader?

His accuracy has suffered for sure this year, but I think he proved last year how much his game has improved, and that when healthy he is an elite NFL QB. I've been skeptical about the extent of his injury only because I've been told the pain is so excruciating that most folks tear up just walking with it.

But evidently McNabb has been sucking up some unbeliebable torture. Did anyone catch HBO's This Week in the NFL this week? They had some awesome footage of the Bronco blitzes Mcnabb got sacked on..replete with sound effects, the real ones. I have not seen such a beating on a QB in some time. Clearly, his injury has put a big red bulls-eye on his, uhh, abdomen. And TO had the nerve to go off on him about picks, after that beating he took, unreal!

Obviously Reid and Company want him out there...it's not like he is selfishly throwing the season away out of hubris. And he is standing up to the pain. Because he IS the team leader.

The man is a freaking warrior, imo. Period.

Eddie

Reaction score
I've always loved Donovan McNabb ... even though he wears the ugly green, I always remember him as the last superstar QB of the Syracuse Orangemen.

I appreciate what he did for SU, and have the utmost respect for him as an opposing NFL QB.

In light of that, I hope he takes some time to heal himself. It's only going to get worse for him. The Skins are going to load up on him, and even if he leaves Sunday night walking upright ... I have a bad feeling the Cowboys have him earmarked.

He may not leave next Monday Night standing up ... if I were BP, I'd make certain of it.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Eddie said:
I've always loved Donovan McNabb ... even though he wears the ugly green, I always remember him as the last superstar QB of the Syracuse Orangemen.

I appreciate what he did for SU, and have the utmost respect for him as an opposing NFL QB.

In light of that, I hope he takes some time to heal himself. It's only going to get worse for him. The Skins are going to load up on him, and even if he leaves Sunday night walking upright ... I have a bad feeling the Cowboys have him earmarked.

He may not leave next Monday Night standing up ... if I were BP, I'd make certain of it.
Everybody is loading up on him, and that's tough...that's the game. Shouldn't be any other way, either.

Just one more comment on this idea McNabb should have 'nipped in the bud" all the TO nonsense.

The TO saga is about MONEY, not about a QB like Bledsoe exhibiting 'leadership" over a receiver's fumble. McNabb had no control over TO's contract, or his reaction to it. IF Reid couldn't get TO to behave, no way was any player going to. I mean, I didn't see Bledsoe get Terry to play in 2001 when he was milking an injury over money, and ended up suspended for insubordination. There's the 'analogy' that's apt. No player, even the team leader, has any power over any players' hissy fit over not getting paid.

Yet Donovan is supposed to...do what? Get a nutcase like TO to put on a happy face when said nutcase has been fermenting over his contract since January?

Geez.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys22 said:
I bet he'll be back by our Monday night game!

Yes he will play, I think it is a scam. To get the Cowboys thinking, they don't need to game plan for him. Not that BP would fall for that, he will set his game plan against the Eagles...not the Eagles / TO.

I will be very surprised if he did not play. I trust our defense now, so it doesn't bother me. We kept him out of the endzone the last game.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
His accuracy has suffered for sure this year, but I think he proved last year how much his game has improved, and that when healthy he is an elite NFL QB. I've been skeptical about the extent of his injury only because I've been told the pain is so excruciating that most folks tear up just walking with it.
Actually, interestingly enough, his completion percentages this year, while down from last year, are in line with the rest of his career.

You can look at Donovan McNabb in two ways. You can say that he's a warrior who is the victim of not having very good wide receivers, and use last year with TO as an example. Or, you can take the counter example (my viewpoint), which is that TO made him look good in the same way he made Garcia look good in SF, that he's an inaccurate quarterback who misses wide open receivers, is afraid of taking a risk downfield (thus the superior TD to INT ratio) and chokes in the big game (he's 1-4 in championship games and superbowls).

The Curly One

Reaction score
Donovan McNabb is a class act and a very good QB. His mother is an idiot with her Chunky soup.
Seriously even though I hate the Eagles and Mc Nabb is hurt you have to admit he is a good QB and to say otherwise is sour grapes. I do not know how bad he is hurt or whether it would be best to have the surgery now and possibly lose any chance of making the playoffs or try to limp through the season. I do not know if their back up QB would be any better than an injured McNabb. I do agree that when he is healthy he is one of the elite QB's in the league. Best ever? No way but a very good QB and you can not deny that. Curly

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Yes he will play, I think it is a scam. To get the Cowboys thinking, they don't need to game plan for him. Not that BP would fall for that, he will set his game plan against the Eagles...not the Eagles / TO.

I will be very surprised if he did not play. I trust our defense now, so it doesn't bother me. We kept him out of the endzone the last game.

Welp.................. NFL network had the sports dude on from 610 (Philly station) saying he seriously doubts TO will have another snap with the Eagles and he also said that TO would NEVER play for the Eagles again. EVER.

Also mentioned that part of the suspension resulted in that there was a portion of the apologies in the written statement to be made to McNabb and TO flat skipped it. Left that part out if you will. Was also supposed to apologize to the team in a special meeting and he refused. AND....in his local radio show he basically refuted the apology all together. Doesn't think TO will now get the monies he's commanding from any team IF there's a team that wants him. FWIW.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
The only concern that I have about this whole thing is that this could be a rallying point for the Eagles. They are breathing fresh air again and the distraction is gone. I'd bet they are high fiving each other around the locker room and feel as if a great weight has just been lifted off their shoulders. I actually think it would have been better for us had they tried to keep him around.

ghst187

Reaction score
I've got no sympathy for anyone in philthy but I do have to say that I don't think Favre would fare much better than mcnubb has if favre had a hernia.

I think the first time BO talked crap about McNubb to the media, McNubb should've gotten in his face BIGTIME with a finger in the chest and a harsh reminder that it better not happen again. If BO has something to say, he should be saying it to McNubb's face instead of to the media.
The second time, McNubb should've just kicked his butt.
The third time, McNubb should've flat out told the management and Reid that either him or BO is gone.
To let BO rave on and on in the media disrespect Mcnubb publicly is demoralizing to the team because that's their leader he's bashing.
If BO is suspended for the league allowed full 4 games without pay and then paid to stay at home the rest of the year while the igglets fall into obscurity and miss the playoffs....I will have to say that I could not have dreamed up a more perfect ending for both: my most loathed player and second-most loathed franchise.
To have the BO become the catalyst that ripped the igglets apart while effectively ending his own career through his big mouth is very fitting I think. Couldn't happen to two better entities.

ghst187

Reaction score
and the BIG winner in all of this turned out to be.....................

BALTIMORE!