***Ultimate Vanderjagt Thread***

Smith22

Reaction score
He's been missing kicks all through training camp as well, let's not hide our heads in the sand and pretend he just had 1 bad game. He has been miserable since he's been here. Am I saying he gets cut? NO. I'm saying I'm back to where I was last year, scared to death we will miss another important FG and cost us another playoff birth AGAIN.:banghead:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Catch-22 said:
Not if there never was any conversation to begin with.

The Cowboys don't miraculously have first dibs on every free agent. The Colts got to Vinatieri first. We never had a shot to sign him. Get over it.

Again, you fellas act like there's some kind of rule and everyone has to take turns. You want a guy, you let his agent know immediately and throw out some numbers he can't say no to. If we really wanted him, we could have gotten him.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Rowdy said:
Uh, there WAS pressure when it came to the second one.

Not regular season pressure... not playoff 21-18 we need this kick to tie the game pressure. This pressure was, if I make this we had a perfect preseason, and tomorrow we wake up 0-0.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
You never heard of a phone call? If the Cowboys really wanted him, they could have given him a table offer to keep him away from the other teams.

So you expected Vinateri to call us and give us notice before he signed a contract?

OR were we supposed to know that Indy offered him a good deal using our psychic powers?

We set up a visit, he signed before he got here. oh well get over it. he obviously did not want to be here

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
He's been missing kicks all through training camp as well, let's not hide our heads in the sand and pretend he just had 1 bad game. He has been miserable since he's been here. Am I saying he gets cut? NO. I'm saying I'm back to where I was last year, scared to death we will miss another important FG and cost us another playoff birth AGAIN.:banghead:

Sunday he made 65 out of 71 kicks. 92%

Parche

Reaction score
I think Vanderjunk is luck we released Larry Allen

I dont get that joke, sorry, Im from ARgentina :p

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Again, you fellas act like there's some kind of rule and everyone has to take turns. You want a guy, you let his agent know immediately and throw out some numbers he can't say no to. If we really wanted him, we could have gotten him.

If Vinatieri was here we'd have the same problems... He has a broken bone in his foot and may not be kicking in the opener. They still have to carry 3 kickers.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

I never understood why we sat on the sidelines so long and then still gave a big signing bonus for a kicker.

What worries me is Vandy says he's not into mechanics as a kicker, he just kicks and they go throught the uprights. OK. So how do you fix him now that he's missing them?

neosapien23

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Not regular season pressure... not playoff 21-18 we need this kick to tie the game pressure. This pressure was, if I make this we had a perfect preseason, and tomorrow we wake up 0-0.

Vandergajt is hurt, I cannot argue about his credentials. However, your basis of argument has no merit. Vandergajt was unable to make those kicks because he was physically unable to do so. He might not be ready for the season opener. Dallas needs to put him on the PUP and let Suisham handle the kicking duties. Six Weeks from now then they can make a decision on him. If he still can't kick a chip shot in six weeks, then he is most likely done.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Parche said:
I think Vanderjunk is luck we released Larry Allen

I dont get that joke, sorry, Im from ARgentina :p

LArry Allen jacked up Jose Cortez last year for missing a field Goal.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Some of you guys are ridiculous. You guys act as if we have Vinatieri or N.Rackers waiting in the wings.

Not to mention, did you guys forget who we had last season!!!!!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Vandergajt is hurt, I cannot argue about his credentials. However, your basis of argument has no merit. Vandergajt was unable to make those kicks because he was physically unable to do so. He might not be ready for the season opener. Dallas needs to put him on the PUP and let Suisham handle the kicking duties. Six Weeks from now then they can make a decision on him. If he still can't kick a chip shot in six weeks, then he is most likely done.

for like the 7,000th time this offseason Vanderjagt is not eligible for the PUP. Nobody on our team is eligible for the pup

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
So you expected Vinateri to call us and give us notice before he signed a contract?

Actually HE DID call Parcells before he signed his contract in Indy.