Umpire was out of position

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
1. Actual GIF
2. Basic biology about vision and distance as well as not being able to see through human bodies
3. Romo saying the ref is just suppose to touch the ball.

All you got is “complete madness”, which ironically hinges on the motion THAT ref made a mistake.

But lo and behold, the ref in this game didn’t make a mistake, because “complete madness” beats basic biology about Vision and other expert opinions, like that of Romo, who was an actual QB in the NFL.

1. Yeah, the GIF

2. 100% assumption on your part

3. Luuuuuulz, Romo saying the ref “only needs to touch the ball” doesn’t somehow equate to the center can officially spot the ball based on scout’s honor.

Do you really think a center can just spot the ball anywhere and the ref has to say “welp, that’s not really the spot but I’m obligated to touch the ball now and not correct it?”

So are you disputing where the ball (Cowboys game) was spotted? Go ahead. Conform for everyone where the ball should have been spotted despite the photo evidence.

I’m guessing you probably think it’s where Dak ended up stopping on his slide, lool.

khiladi

Reaction score
1. Yeah, the GIF

2. 100% assumption on your part

3. Luuuuuulz, Romo saying the ref “only needs to touch the ball” doesn’t somehow equate to the center can officially spot the ball based on scout’s honor

So are you disputing where the ball (Cowboys game) was spotted. Go ahead. Conform for everyone where the ball should have been spotted despite the photo evidence.

I’m guessing you probably think it’s where Dak ended up stopping on his slide, lool.

And yet, the ref didn’t even place the ball accurately. Being six inches closer to where he first placed it after taking it from Biadasz doesn’t mean it was an accurate spot. Biadasz spot was still more accurate.

So what other clear evidences are you going to ignore?

It’s comical to me. Refs to you are practically infallible, and yet, you e dug yourself so far into your position here, your whole arguments rests on the fact the ref in the Rams-Cowboys game made a mistake, because it would otherwise be “complete madness”. Suddenly, when it comes to your opinion, that one ref obviously made a mistake, not the ref who was 25 yards away from the play and came in like a wrecking ball and played with the football twice..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
And yet, the ref didn’t even place the ball accurately. Being six inches closer to where he first placed it after taking it from Biadasz doesn’t many it was an accurate spot. Biadasz spot was more accurate.

So what other clear points are you going to ignore?

Loool, just take the “L” man. You’re out of your depth and trying to save face.

0-BA1-B512-1717-4-AF1-880-F-BD8-E1-B01-E82-C.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score
Loool, just take the “L” man. You’re out of your depth and trying to save face.

0-BA1-B512-1717-4-AF1-880-F-BD8-E1-B01-E82-C.jpg

And yet, the refs spot wasn’t even accurate.. and I actually flipped it, which makes it even worse for you. Because the original spot of the ref was close to where Dak was down, meaning if the ref kept it there, they still would have had time for a play.

So now tell me where the location of the ref is in this GIF so I can “take the L” like you say.

The one time a ref is supposedly wrong to you is when it completely refuted your opinion. And that ref is wrong because otherwise it would be “complete madness”…

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
And yet, the refs spot wasn’t even accurate..

“Biadasz spot was more accurate”

That’s just comical.

No, the ref’s spot wasn’t accurate, but it was closer to where the actual spot should have been than Biadasz.

Luuuulz

khiladi

Reaction score
“Biadasz spot was more accurate”

No, the ref’s spot wasn’t accurate, but it was closer to where the actual spot should have been than Biadasz.

Luuuulz

So basically the ref had no way to determine which spot was accurate and he was shooting from the hip? Where is the ref in the image you provided? Why you ignoring the obvious?

So which spot of the ref was more accurate?

His first spot or the second reshuffling spot?

plymkr

Reaction score
Yup. And aliens killed JFK.

Posting again:

poor awareness, poor preparation and poor execution. Schultz and Brown are just lollygagging to the line. How is it the Ref's fault? I'll admit that the refs did things during the other 59 minutes and 51 seconds to hurt this team but that last play was not the refs fault.

Poor awareness, Poor preparation and Poor execution could be said for a lot Dallas problems and yet the coach remains employed and our players are blaming the refs publicly. Embarrassing.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So basically the ref had no way to determine which spot was accurate and he was shooting from the hip? Where is the ref in the image you provided? Why you ignoring the obvious?

So which spot of the ref was more accurate?

His first spot or the second reshuffling spot?

Nuh, nuh, no you don’t.

So how was Biadasz spot more accurate?

khiladi

Reaction score
Nuh, nuh, no you don’t.

So how was Biadasz spot more accurate?

So tell me how was the second spot of the ref more accurate then the first, when per your argument, the ref is the one who is supposed to determine the spot of the ball? Why you worried about Biadasz when the real argument is about the ref?

Don’t be dishonest with yourself and just admit your wrong.

You are the one defending the ref, not Biadasz.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So tell me how was the second spot of the ref more accurate then the first, when per your argument, the ref is the one who is supposed to determine the spot of the ball? Why you worried about Biadasz when the real argument is about the ref?

Don’t be dishonest with yourself and just admit your wrong.

Answer the question.

You claimed Biadasz spot was more accurate. You specifically made it a point.

So go ahead, explain.

Don’t run from it. Those are your words.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I know there’s a zillion threads about this, but I haven’t seen this posted.

I was in section C312 and I had a perfect view of the final seconds. My friend, seated next to me, was recording those last sections on his cell phone.

Yeah, it probably wasn’t the best play call but what I can tell you is that there was plenty of time still on the clock when Dak slid. He didn’t do anything wrong with the ball. There’s one referee who is charged with placing it.

Now you can call this conspiratal, you can say that this particular referee was daydreaming or maybe he just never expected a QB draw, but he was 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage when the play started and he stayed there until the moment that Dak slid.

Then, and only then, did he start sprinting toward the line to spot the ball. I watched this with my own eyes. No matter what Dak did with the ball or who he handed it to, there was a snowball’s chance in inferno that his referee was going to get there in time. None.

So go ahead and blame Kellen Moore. And trust me, I’m not one to say the fix was in. But the game was a comedy of errors by the officials and that ball should have been spotted with enough time for one more play call.

Remember one more thing:

There were controversial outcomes in the games against both the Raiders and Cardinals. If Dallas wins one of those games, they were playing Philly yesterday. If they win both, they had a bye week.

I get it - play well enough that the outcome can’t come down to a play decided by the referees. OK. But we were robbed yesterday, pure and simple.

Flame away.

Oddly enough, the Cowboys played half-ashed for 59:46
And, instead of having 2 shots at the endzone with 14 seconds left in the game, the brainiacs on the Cowboys sidelines decided that A RUN AND A SLIDE with 2 seconds to throw into the endzone was preferable.:rolleyes:
Cowboys should never have gotten themselves in this awful, stupid scenario.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, he was out of position! We totally would have had 4 seconds for a desperation heave into the end zone had that ref moved faster. He made us lose on an embarrassing play call instead of our embarrassing overall performance!!

khiladi

Reaction score
Answer the question.

You claimed Biadasz spot was more accurate.

Go ahead, explain.

Don’t run from it. Those are your words.

This is comical. You know your wrong so your trying to focus on a secondary issue that has no bearing on the actual argument.

In fact, I already edited that post when I said:

And yet, the refs spot wasn’t even accurate.. and I actually flipped it, which makes it even worse for you. Because the original spot of the ref was close to where Dak was down, meaning if the ref kept it there, they still would have had time for a play.

so like I said, stop being dishonest with yourself. You haven’t provided an image of the location of the referee and the argument is based on whether he was on a position to even determine the accuracy of the spot. And you are basically ignoring the real issue which is the first spot of the ref, WHEN THERE WAS TIME LEFT TO SNAP THE BALL, was more accurate to where Dak was down than the second spot.

Now I don’t really find it ironic that in the clear evidence of the Rams-Cowboys game, you basically claimed THAT ref made a mistake, otherwise it would be “complete madness”, yet the ref that was 25 feet away and comes in like a wrecking ball and actually makes his second spot worse than the first is right, because that favors your position..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
it's our fault for letting the game come down to that, but at the same time it would have been nice to have one of those flying bottles find the face of Ramon George afterwards

I find your post distasteful.
You and your litter-throwing cousins must be so proud of yourselves.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Not to defend Dak, but this is the same thing McCarthy said. It's possible McCarthy was coaching these guys incorrectly in this situation. McCarthy seemed perplexed as well about the whole situation with regards to handing the ball to the official, etc.

What a cluster%%%%.
In practice their is no ref so they probably just hand it to the center where he hikes it to Dak and he then spikes it. Just a fundamental mistake on the coaches McCarthy and Moore not to realize that.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah maybe. But we lost the game way before that
We lost the game when we had -13 yards in the first quarter and was down by 10. We lost the game by only scoring 17 points. 7 of those points was a gift from Jimmy G. Our offense completely sucked yesterday and everyone is talking about the refs handling of a last second desperation play that didn't happen. It was 23 - 10 when Jimmy G threw that pick. Gave us a short field and we scored a TD. If Jimmy doesn't throw that pick and they get a FG then it's 26-10, if they get a TD then it's 30-10, blowout. Our offense didn't play well enough to earn a last gasp shot. And if we're going to be desperate throw 2 passes into the endzone from the 40 and don't do a QB draw with 14 seconds and no time outs.

But of course the referee deserved to get hit with a bottle because our offense couldn't score more that 17 points. That's why this franchise hasn't won anything in 26 years.

How it is that no one is blaming the refs for our offense having negative 13 yards in the first quarter and being down by ten?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is comical. You know your wrong so your trying to focus on a secondary issue that has no bearing on the actual argument.

In fact, I already edited that post when I said:

so like I said, stop being dishonest with yourself. You haven’t provided an image of the location of the referee and the argument is based on whether he was on a position to even determine the accuracy of the spot. And you are basically ignoring the real issue which is the first spot of the ref, WHEN THERE WAS TIME LEFT TO SNAP THE BALL, was more accurate to where Dak was down than the second spot.

Oh, my bad, I didn’t know you edited the post where you spoke out your arse, so you don’t have to deal with it.

Shame on me for not realizing it.

Don’t try and make it secondary now. That was your primary point.

The ref? He was back near midfield where you assume he saw nothing, looool.

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh, my bad, I didn’t know you edited the post where you spoke out your arse, so you don’t have to deal with it.

Shame on me for not realizing it.

Don’t try and make it secondary now. That was your primary point.

The ref? He was back near midfield where you assume he saw nothing, looool.

1. Oh yeah, it was my primary point, when my very first post centered around the GIF and didn’t mention this secondary point at all. And what I actually said which you responded to was:

If you go to around 50 seconds, what actually screwed the Cowboys was the ref re-spotting the ball, only to place it back where Biadasz had already set it. It’s that DELAY which looks like it caused the time to run out.

So the ref completely botched it.

I was speaking purely about the delay caused by the ref shuffling the ball. And then you made a spot about distance. In fact, you actually tried saying the second spot was because the Biadasz knocked the ref there, so he placed it down at the 24, which is not even what happened.

Now you are basically trying to argue the ref adjusted the spot the second time, but that made the spot less accurate.

Biadasz tried spotting the ball at the 23.5 yard line. The ref tried putting it at the 24.5 yard line but was pushed out the way under Biadasz and he let it go at about the 24 yard line.

and I responded with the following:

So tell me how that ref determined that was spot the ball should have been placed from where he was running from?

‘Generous’ spot makes no difference when you require a Hail Mary on one last play. The issue of time, meaning that re-setting the ball positioning, was the difference. There is no generous spot in this. It was a ref who ran from like 20 yards away and whose view was blocked off by all the linemen that ‘determined’ that 12 extra inches was the right position of the ball.

How exactly he determine that, in that context, right after colliding with Dak and tripping over feet, with no ref discussion, one can only wonder..

It’s you that kept talking about accuracy in spotting, not me. All I was talking about was the ref was in no position to determine the accuracy of the spot considering his position.

I know and YOU KNOW VErY WELL you are relying on this secondary point, which doesn’t even help your point anyways, because you know how wrong you are regarding the actual issue, you just trying to save face..

2. I asked you where the ref is in the image when Dak aren’t down. Not you claiming “facts” that are based on evidence like “complete madness”.

Last edited: