Umpire was out of position

quickccc

Reaction score
sorry , but truly sad when fans and even players,..even coaches try to blame a ref trying to place the ball for a snap

that's how you know the sad state and weak mentality your team is in. .....:(

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
He actually did something wrong with the ball. He gave it to the Center to snap it, instead of looking for the ref and saying “here is the ball, we are already lined up and your wasting time”..

at least then they could have cried about it.

Dak’s explanation in the OC shows he still doesn’t get it. He says he spiked the ball. But that has zero to do with the issue, which is, you gave it to the center to hike it to you, when the ref is supposed to set the ball. This is what he said:

He then says,

Sounds like he’s making stuff up. First he says he’s not even sure what happened, then he says an umpire usually just taps it (sure Buddy), then he says he knew the ref was going to touch the ball…
In a separate thread, someone shows a video of the Rams vs. the Cowboys. The referee does exactly what Prescott says. The referee runs in and just touches the ball after the center sets the ball. I would like to see more video of these kind of situations. Sure, handing the ball to the referee guarantees it gets set in the least amount of time, maybe, but we also have video evidence of this exact situation happening in other games.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Who really thinks we score on the next play anyway?

I certainly don't.
At least we would have been given the opportunity to score. That's all we could hope for at that point. We had played like poop the whole game to claw back for an opportunity, which, it seems was denied by a really dumb play compounded by a dumb move by the referee.

Kumala808

Reaction score
Game was lost from the start but the best opportunity was the drive before the 2 min warning. And also dumb was rushing a play prior to the 2min

khiladi

Reaction score
In a separate thread, someone shows a video of the Rams vs. the Cowboys. The referee does exactly what Prescott says. The referee runs in and just touches the ball after the center sets the ball. I would like to see more video of these kind of situations. Sure, handing the ball to the referee guarantees it gets set in the least amount of time, maybe, but we also have video evidence of this exact situation happening in other games.

yep bro. Later in this thread, I changed my opinion based on that thread.

I further provide the video to show its the refs reshuffling of the ball that burns the clock completely off. Even if one goes by the refs first spot, which was more accurate anyways, the Cowboys would have had a chance to snap it. In that video, even Romo says multiple times that the ref just had to touch the ball. So it’s not just Dak making the claim,

And the ref had no clue anyways where to spot it, at least to that much accuracy, considering he was 25 yards from the play when Dak slid and there were bodies in the way.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lols.. you are claiming the ref can adjust the position of the ball to whatever he wants, even if it’s wrong..

I win. You lose.. lolz.. Luulz..

Yeah, the ref can adjust the ball.

Go figure.

You think an offensive player can locate the ball wherever he wants and the ref can only “touch” it.

Pure comedy.

Stay ignorant.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
yep bro. Later in this thread, I changed my opinion based on that thread. I further provide the video to show its the refs reshuffling of the ball that burns tjr clock completely off. Even if one goes by the refs first spot, which was more accurate anyways, the Cowboys would have had a chance to snap it.
The people saying we are whining that this is why we lost are wrong. I don't think this is why we lost (PLENTY of blame to go around), but I do think it is why we were denied the chance, that we somewhat earned at that point in time, to win the game. At the very least, we are not sitting around calling KM, MM, and Dak, dumb idiots for that last play.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, the ref can adjust the ball.

Go figure.

You think an offensive player can locate the ball wherever he wants and the ref can only “touch” it.

Pure comedy.

Stay ignorant.

You said the ref can adjust the ball to wherever he wants. He can place it at the 30, even if it was at the 50. You said he can take it to the locker room when he wants to take a pee and then bring it back without washing his hands and place it at the 1 yard line.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Agree with old Jerrah on one thing, it should not have come down to something like this to begin with, that is why there should have been some heads rolling.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
yep bro. Later in this thread, I changed my opinion based on that thread. I further provide the video to show its the refs reshuffling of the ball that burns tjr clock completely off. Even if one goes by the refs first spot, which was more accurate anyways, the Cowboys would have had a chance to snap it.

Yeah, he relocated the ball because Biadasz had a bad spot, which he was well within his rights to do.

You literally think the ref isn’t allowed to adjust the ball.

Arguing whether he (the ref) got the spot right is inconsequential because you don’t even understand the fundamental rules.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, he relocated the ball because Biadasz had a bad spot, which he was well within his rights to do.

You literally think the ref isn’t allowed to adjust the ball.

Arguing whether he (the ref) got the spot right is inconsequential because you don’t even understand the fundamental rules.

1. So how did he determine the bad spot? Where was he when Dak slid?

2. What spot was more accurate? His first spot or second spot?

Oh but you said the following:

4. Even then, the ref allows Biadasz to move the ball up in an effort to expedite the play

So the ref basically allowed Biadasz to move the ball up to the wrong spot to expedite the play..

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes, the ref responsible for the spot of the ball can place it where he thinks it should located.

4. Even then, the ref allows Biadasz to move the ball up in an effort to expedite the play

So the ref allowed Biadasz to use an incorrect spot in actuality per your own words “to expedite the play”…

So in reality, you believe the ref can place the ball wherever he wants…

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He actually did something wrong with the ball. He gave it to the Center to snap it, instead of looking for the ref and saying “here is the ball, we are already lined up and your wasting time”..

at least then they could have cried about it.

Dak’s explanation in the OC shows he still doesn’t get it. He says he spiked the ball. But that has zero to do with the issue, which is, you gave it to the center to hike it to you, when the ref is supposed to set the ball. This is what he said:

He then says,

Sounds like he’s making stuff up. First he says he’s not even sure what happened, then he says an umpire usually just taps it (sure Buddy), then he says he knew the ref was going to touch the ball…

One thing I learned this year is Dak isn’t any better at last minute clock mgmt than his head coach. I’ve seen plenty of vets take charge of these situations. Dak seems like an orders man, not someone ready to call the shots and force the team to change to his demands.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You said the ref can adjust the ball to wherever he wants. He can place it at the 30, even if it was at the 50. You said he can take it to the locker room when he wants to take a pee and then bring it back without washing his hands and place it at the 1 yard line.

Yeah, you’re defeated and in hysterics.

Take the “L” boy

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, you’re defeated.

Take the “L” boy

I mean you clearly said it, not I. The ref tried to expedite the play at the expense of accuracy.

You believe the ref can do what he wants and because of that the spotting of the ball isn’t reviewable in the last two minutes by the replay official when the ref says he’s just ‘expediting the play’, even when he’s actually causing time to expire…

khiladi

Reaction score
Can the ref adjust the spot of the ball?

Yes or no

Did you or did you not say?

If yes, so basically you say the ref can spot it wherever he wants and even the replay official can’t overturn the bad spot…

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Did you or did you not say?

That’s what I thought.

You got embarrassed and admittedly edited your post.

You got hurt because your whole “assumption” argument got flipped back on you.

You went into hysterics lying about what I said.

Now you can’t answer a simple question because you know you’re a mental midget that’s about to be check-mated.