Unacceptable practice habits and mentality, issues of concern says Dak and Jourdan Lewis

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe this game of football has passed me by. I had always believed the coach was responsible for practice and getting the team ready to play. At least it was that way when Jimmy and Parcells were coaching.
You are correct and if a coach thinks someone is dogging it or just doesn't have it anymore they are benched. Not in Jerry's world though, he decides who plays and starts, not the coach.

Therefor the coach no longer can push discipline on the players, they have no power.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
What amazes me is a GM who objectively had the worst off-season I’ve seen in recent NFL history and then he acts offended when the results come in with predictable outcomes. And when he gets called on it, has a temper tantrum like a 2 year old in a grocery store. He’s not only bad, he’s embarrassing.

An off-season this bad looks like a kamikaze mission. Hanging an entire staff- HC and assistants on expiring contracts - and then thinking he could just plug in rookies and dumpster dive FAs and get similar results to previous seasons is insane.

Any other GM in pro sports would be fired for THIS off-season alone, not to mention the previous 28.
1000% Bob… and the crazy thing is that he is raking in obscene profit while he is destroying the franchise we love.

It is criminal lol

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I said nah to the whole post because the premise is wrong. I don't care if all the SB winners have leaders or not.

The point isn't whether or not they have leaders. The point is that players need to be singularly motivated regardless. There's lots of terrible teams with good leaders too. The players wearing the C doesn't matter if other players need babysitters.
The entire premise of this post is wrong.

Anyone who has ever been in a team dynamic in any arena knows the collective goes only as far as it leadership takes it. Lack of leadership will suck the life, so to speak, out of even the most dedicated and gung-ho individuals. You absolutely need solid leadership to lift the less motivated and to keep the naturally motivated in the game.

What's that old cliche? It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The entire premise of this post is wrong.

Anyone who has ever been in a team dynamic in any arena knows the collective goes only as far as it leadership takes it. Lack of leadership will suck the life, so to speak, out of even the most dedicated and gung-ho individuals. You absolutely need solid leadership to lift the less motivated and to keep the naturally motivated in the game.

What's that old cliche? It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys.
Nah

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

So in a week we're going to fix this? When we're winning we can do all of this stuff, but soon as we're losing, we shouldn't be doing this? Cut it off period!!!! You play how you practice

A good week of practice can fix a lot of issues....not only schemes, technique and responsibilities, but team building and soul searching, as well. Don't sell it short, I'm sure you remember those days.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Maybe this game of football has passed me by. I had always believed the coach was responsible for practice and getting the team ready to play. At least it was that way when Jimmy and Parcells were coaching.
I forget which big name coach said this but the gist was, the coaches run the practices and games, and the players run the locker room. Point being, it's the locker room leaders job to deliver the team to the coaches ready to get at it. The Cowboys seem to be failing at both levels.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Your idealistic outlook sounds great, but it ignores the reality of human behavior. Not much experience, I'm guessing.
No, you are arguing a point I'm not making, as usual, because you read what you want. For crying out loud the cliche you posted is literally my point!

I don't care about your experience, and neither should you. You have never been a professional athlete.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
No, you are arguing a point I'm not making, as usual, because you read what you want. For crying out loud the cliche you posted is literally my point!

I don't care about your experience, and neither should you. You have never been a professional athlete.
You wrote "The players wearing the C doesn't matter if other players need babysitters."

My point was in response.
Leaders do babysit.

There is a heck of a lot more to it than what you're dumbing it down to. It also crosses over to every single team dynamic and at every level, assuming the goal is to be the best.

NFL players are human too.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Unacceptable practice habits​

dak-prescott-dak.gif

jujoboys

Reaction score
I thought Dak was this Ultimate Alpha Leader? How is this possible?
Dak doesn't control those guys getting or not paychecks. Dak doesn't control who gets kept or cut. Dak doesn't control which players are disciplined or not. Dak can try to be an alpha leader all he wants but if someone higher than him doesn't hold people accountable then it doesn't matter. I don't even think our coaches have a say in most of the stuff I mentioned. Jerry is the true leader of the team because he controls all of the narratives. Anyone below him has their leadership/influence squashed because they know that all decisions come from the man that proclaimed we were "All In".

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You wrote "The players wearing the C doesn't matter if other players need babysitters."

My point was in response.
Leaders do babysit.

There is a heck of a lot more to it than what you're dumbing it down to. It also crosses over to every single team dynamic and at every level, assuming the goal is to be the best.

NFL players are human too.
yada yada yada

It is 2024. If the quarterback has to tell the defense to practice hard then it doesn't matter who the quarterback is. It could be Tom Brady and it wouldn't make a difference.

Praxit

Reaction score
...this is interesting coming from Dak, if its true. Maybe lots of cupcake enticements.

Seems like the team doesn't function as tight unit. Well see, what occurs Vs SF.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are correct and if a coach thinks someone is dogging it or just doesn't have it anymore they are benched. Not in Jerry's world though, he decides who plays and starts, not the coach.

Therefor the coach no longer can push discipline on the players, they have no power.
Jerry is an incompetent buffoon that has 3 titles when most organizations have 3 separate FT employees.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

So in a week we're going to fix this? When we're winning we can do all of this stuff, but soon as we're losing, we shouldn't be doing this? Cut it off period!!!! You play how you practice

after 9 year dak figured out that he has mental issues ?

well, thats a mental issue.

anyways...

great leader!

XXLMike

Reaction score
This is what happens when you have a soft players coach on a contract that’s expiring. Nobody gives a ****.