News: Unconfirmed: Gregory fails another drug test

cml750

Reaction score
I luv to smoke. But can stop with no prob (went about 2 decades without it), until Oregon legalized it. Now back with it again. Gotta have more interest in other things than just getting high. He obviously doesn't or won't.
I live in Texas where it is still illegal but even if they did legalize it my company would still have it listed under their zero tolerance drug test policy. We have a site in Colorado where they can't can't do it even though it is legal in the state. I did try the stuff a few times as a kid and enjoyed it but I know if I do it now I lose my job. That is why I just do not understand people like Gregory. The NFL actually has a very liberal drug policy compared to most other companies where they have zero tolerance, one strike and your out policies.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Stop assuming everyone is the same. I can take an IQ test tomorrow and score between 150-160 guaranteed... I guess anyone who can't must be lazy and unmotivated.

The man has a disease and unfortunately for him we live in a country where it's easier to look down on others than figure out how to treat people with this disease.
Do you look down on obese people and say how they should be able to just put down the chicken legs and stop eating just because you can?

he may well have a disease, but he's not addicted to weed. he's just stupid.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
The Cowboys should draft Auburn's DE Lawson (might be a medical redshirt) and finally just cut bait with this guy.

Reaction score
well it's not physically addicting like heroin or nicotine but it's habitually addicting...add to the fact that he has bipolar issues and weed seems to be the thing that helps him the most, it was very unlikely he was ever going to quit.
I get it that it's a rule of his employer and he chose not to follow those rules.

With that out of the way.....it irks me because doctors write out opiate, which I see as being 10X worse than pot, prescriptions like they're candy and it's all good. This goof ball lost his ability to make living because of pot. Being that as reported here that he is bi-polar, I don't think his situation should be viewed so black and white by the league but so it goes.......

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Hopefully, it turns out to be a false rumor. But whoever is leaking this information (true or untrue) to the press, should be canned. I smell a rat somehow connected to Mara here.

Ironically, Drew Pearson, a Dallas Cowboy stole the show last night at the draft, now this.

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
And obese people are not addicted to food they are just stupid right?
And sexaholics are not addicted to sex they are just stupid.
Or gamblers or opioid abusers, all just stupid??

i'm pretty damn fat and yes. it's pretty stupid. i don't exercise enough, not so much what i eat. so strike one on the stupid train you set in motion. but this is my choice, as bad as it is, not a sickness.

yes.

and yes.

look, the guy has a million dollar career ahead of him and he's smoked it away. i know someone who met him on day 1 and said "trouble" and she was right to the core and he's proved it in every action.

and now let's go ahead and pretend for a moment he is so sick that he can't put it down, then the NFL isn't for him anyway so even if you're ... "Right", you're wrong if you think he needs to stay in the NFL.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
The Cowboys should draft Auburn's DE Lawson (might be a medical redshirt) and finally just cut bait with this guy.
I'm all for this, even trading up to get him because if Lawson is healthy he is a decent RE for us not great but probably better than Mayowa

Dwight

Reaction score
Move on.

If you are a fan and say let's give him another chance you need to move on to another team yourself. You cannot say you love the Cowboys and put up with this mess.

He "never" should have been drafted by our front office in the first place (which I blame them for this pick).

The organization wasted another second round pick on this player which could have been used on someone productive.

superonyx

Reaction score
i'm pretty damn fat and yes. it's pretty stupid. i don't exercise enough, not so much what i eat. so strike one on the stupid train you set in motion. but this is my choice, as bad as it is, not a sickness.

yes.

and yes.

look, the guy has a million dollar career ahead of him and he's smoked it away. i know someone who met him on day 1 and said "trouble" and she was right to the core and he's proved it in every action.

and now let's go ahead and pretend for a moment he is so sick that he can't put it down, then the NFL isn't for him anyway so even if you're ... "Right", you're wrong if you think he needs to stay in the NFL.
Jerry Jones said Randy Gregory had the highest SAT score of any player they have ever signed.
He had a wonderlick score of 28 also. So much for him being stupid.

There is a difference between being pretty fat and being a shut in level fat. I know a very intelligent man who lost everything to gambling, then quit gambling and blew up to 430 pounds, got gastric bypass surgery and slimmed down to 200 pounds, became addicted to pain killers after dental surgery and lost everything including his children and his freedom. The guy is still very intelligent.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It's almost like suspending someone for a year doesn't motivate them to sober up.

Not that he would have, anyway.

The Natural

Reaction score
giphy.gif

superonyx

Reaction score

yes.

and yes.

And you being fat has much more with your diet than not exercising enough. Plenty of people sit on their butts all day and are skinny as can be. It's easier to blame lack of exercise than food consumption....if your lifestyle only burn X amount of calories per day then you can only eat X amount of calories per day or you will gain weight...
If you are happy with your weight and life than who cares. Be fat..just be happy my man and you won at life.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones said Randy Gregory had the highest SAT score of any player they have ever signed.
He had a wonderlick score of 28 also. So much for him being stupid.

There is a difference between being pretty fat and being a shut in level fat. I know a very intelligent man who lost everything to gambling, then quit gambling and blew up to 430 pounds, got gastric bypass surgery and slimmed down to 200 pounds, became addicted to pain killers after dental surgery and lost everything including his children and his freedom. The guy is still very intelligent.

Yep.

A mental issue of some sort... Self-esteem problem... The conversation he has in his own head is destructive.