News: Unconfirmed: Gregory fails another drug test

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you being fat has much more with your diet than not exercising enough. Plenty of people sit on their butts all day and are skinny as can be. It's easier to blame lack of exercise than food consumption....if your lifestyle only burn X amount of calories per day then you can only eat X amount of calories per day or you will gain weight...
If you are happy with your weight and life than who cares. Be fat..just be happy my man and you won at life.

Yeah it does have to do with what one eats (in addition to a lack of movement).

paladin

Reaction score
Jerry Jones said Randy Gregory had the highest SAT score of any player they have ever signed.
He had a wonderlick score of 28 also. So much for him being stupid.

There is a difference between being pretty fat and being a shut in level fat. I know a very intelligent man who lost everything to gambling, then quit gambling and blew up to 430 pounds, got gastric bypass surgery and slimmed down to 200 pounds, became addicted to pain killers after dental surgery and lost everything including his children and his freedom. The guy is still very intelligent.

There's a difference between intelligence and wisdom.
I have the intelligence to know that drinking is horrific decision.
I don't have the willpower to stop.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I am sure it is not as black and white as people on the zone have explained it to be, he is in crisis mentally he chooses to self medicate with maryjane it could just as easily be alcohol etc. Have a little compassion this guy has just thrown away a dream and financial independence his life just took a huge U turn. No time to pile on it is very sad.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At some point, the Cowboys will be obliged to cut ties with Gregory. It's all too obvious by now that he's not destined to play pro football. Here's hoping he finds a calling in life that allows him to be a pothead and yet earn a living as well.

Maybe this will serve as a lesson for the Dallas staff to pay attention to the prospective players' red flags in the future. They took a chance on Randy and paid a stiff price for doing so. Obviously, Randy isn't inclined to give up the weed for the opportunity to have a better life.

Proof

Reaction score
It's almost like suspending someone for a year doesn't motivate them to sober up.

Not that he would have, anyway.

It probably becomes a "there's no way I'm going to make it" kinda thing. Shame. Whatever though. Keep it moving

Proof

Reaction score
Move on.

If you are a fan and say let's give him another chance you need to move on to another team yourself. You cannot say you love the Cowboys and put up with this mess.

lol I want to pull for him just to spite you. Get over yourself

TheFinisher

Reaction score
The NFL's handing of this situation looks really really really bad.

It was obvious to everyone that this was a mental health issue... what he needed more than anything was more interaction with his team,and a positive, structured environment... not banishment from the league.

I just pray nothing truly serious happens to Randy, that blood will be on Goodell's hands.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
Yep.

A mental issue of some sort... Self-esteem problem... The conversation he has in his own head is destructive.

yeah he's bi-polar and weed has helped him. it just sucks because it clear that he's been smoking weed since high school and yet it in no way diminished his ability since he ended grading as a 1st round pick. just kind sucks we are stuck in archaic times when it comes to weed.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Remember that time when he actually suited up and played? Good times.

Clear out his locker. Like today

CWR

Reaction score
When your young and want to escape reality, some just can't let it go. I'm guessing he'd rather smoke and play video games and trip than having to work hard at a craft like Football.

I have to wonder about his reality. From the outside looking in it seems awesome! But you never know what someone else is going through. I wish I was more compassionate but truthfully Im pissed. He let the team and the fans down and blew a golden opportunity. Of course he has issues. So does everyone else that screws up thier lives.

superonyx

Reaction score
There's a difference between intelligence and wisdom.
I have the intelligence to know that drinking is horrific decision.
I don't have the willpower to stop.
It's neither intelligence or wisdom.
It's much more complex. Unfortunately many people can't empathize with others and need to find explanations that fit into boxes that already exist in their minds.
Its how we can drive past homeless people who most likely have mental disorders and numb ourselves to the reality of their situations. Or how we can ignore that 60% of people in prison have serious mental disorders.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
What a loser, would rather get high than play football.

What really pisses me off is that we flushed a 2nd round pick down the crapper trying to help this loser out.
More than that actually, because if he actually was on the field, we probably would not have had to resources last year and/or this year in the draft.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
The sad thing is he's a good kid, the system failed him miserably

Jerry Jones knows this, hence his push for trying to change the marijuana policy

TheHerd

Reaction score
The NFL's handing of this situation looks really really really bad.

It was obvious to everyone that this was a mental health issue... what he needed more than anything was more interaction with his team,and a positive, structured environment... not banishment from the league.

I just pray nothing truly serious happens to Randy, that blood will be on Goodell's hands.

You are under the mistaken impression the NFL gives a rat's azz about the players. It's $$$ and public relations, which is just another form of $$$.