Video: Undisputed: Can Dak Prescott rise up and lead this year's Cowboys to a Super Bowl?

Cebrin

Reaction score

Can the Dallas Cowboys be a football TEAM and not lean soley on a QB to win it? o_O

This is not my love letter to Dak. This is me tired of the narrative that QB's win on their own. Dak is not a TB, but he's not so awful that we can't get one.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

Since you are on a one man quest to deride Dak at every turn, you posting what Shannon and Skip think might be the seminal example of a strawman argument coming from you.

George Burns was asked a question in the movie Oh God what was going to happen in the future. His reply, "I'll know that answer the moment it becomes history.

No one on this site knows for certain what this team will do this season or the one after. But I bet it dang sure makes you feel like a genius when it doesn't happen.

Seattle Patriots SB. One play. Ball on the goal line. The world watching Seattle win a SB.

If at that point someone gave you 10,000 to 1 odds on that one play. Because we ALL know it was beast mode time a comin', You are so certain, how much money would you have laid down?

You are so sure Dak and the team cannot win it all. But the ball is pointy on both ends and bounces funny.

But I do have one question for you.

Do you ever post, thread or response to any subject other than Dak or Zeke on this board?

starfan1

Reaction score
Since you are on a one man quest to deride Dak at every turn, you posting what Shannon and Skip think might be the seminal example of a strawman argument coming from you.

George Burns was asked a question in the movie Oh God what was going to happen in the future. His reply, "I'll know that answer the moment it becomes history.

No one on this site knows for certain what this team will do this season or the one after. But I bet it dang sure makes you feel like a genius when it doesn't happen.

Seattle Patriots SB. One play. Ball on the goal line. The world watching Seattle win a SB.

If at that point someone gave you 10,000 to 1 odds on that one play. Because we ALL know it was beast mode time a comin', You are so certain, how much money would you have laid down?

You are so sure Dak and the team cannot win it all. But the ball is pointy on both ends and bounces funny.

Do you ever post, thread or response to any subject other than Dak or Zeke on this board?
Sadly he’s no longer a one man crusade. He has been joined by a few like minded individuals

I get it that 26 years can leave you pretty pessimistic but every thread and every topic becomes a crusade to bash the qb of the team you like. ( I think)

there’s a reason why many say we have one of the worst fan bases in sports .

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
there’s a reason why many say we have one of the worst fan bases in sports .

There are many reasons, one of them being some fans are so delusional they think Dallas is going to win the super bowl every year. And then they bash the crap out of anyone who doesn't feel the same as them. They're called pessimistic or negative, and occasionally they get called far worse.

With Dak its like this - If you think he's elite you're golden. If you don't you will be called football stupid, moron, idiotic, etc, even though you may have been watching the sport for over 45 years and played at various levels. It's a never ending cycle. No one here is allowed to be fan in their own way.

I have my own opinion of what I think an elite QB is, and Dak doesn't belong in that group.

starfan1

Reaction score
There are many reasons, one of them being some fans are so delusional they think Dallas is going to win the super bowl every year. And then they bash the crap out of anyone who doesn't feel the same as them. They're called pessimistic or negative, and occasionally they get called far worse.

With Dak its like this - If you think he's elite you're golden. If you don't you will be called football stupid, moron, idiotic, etc, even though you may have been watching the sport for over 45 years and played at various levels. It's a never ending cycle. No one here is allowed to be fan in their own way.
The way of the world man but I’ll say this and leave it at that
If you can’t have a topic of conversation without injecting you’re qb agenda then it in itself is indicative of where we are as a fan base
When you scour the net to inject venomous post for any player you’re a troll
We get it there is a faction that don’t like Dak for different reasons but there’s no reason to turn everything into a Dak thread . The dude needs his qb zone
And if you think he is the primary reason for lack of success you lack knowledge

Aaron Rogers couldn’t win with this organizational disfunction

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Before we had these social media platforms the only way to know how other fans conducting themselves was to attend games or other venues where fans gathered .

I can attest that attending Cowboy games for most of my life there were all types of fans. Some of which I didn’t want to sit next to or close to. But we didn’t have to engage in dialogue in a social media way. We just ignored and looked the other way. Unless they broke the law and then be dealt with by authorities. And this is what we need to do here.

I think most fans see it for what it is. I can tell you that the fans who were overly zealous in their fandom at the games weren’t the ones we were looking to for an analysis or critique of the game .

There’s always going to to be room for cheerleaders and critiques. You just have to decide on who your going to align with and follow suit. And let everyone else fall into their own comfort zone .

acr731

Reaction score
If you can’t have a topic of conversation without injecting you’re qb agenda then it in itself is indicative of where we are as a fan base
And if you think he is the primary reason for lack of success you lack knowledge

This IS a thread about Dak, though. And no, I don't think he's the sole reason Dallas can't get past the wildcard game. Neither was Romo.

Aaron Rogers couldn’t win with this organizational disfunction

Yet he's good enough that he could have possibly gotten the win against the 9ers. To me its about football IQ, and his is at a greater level than Dak's. I doubt he would have run the clock down to zero like Dak did.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I didn't like that contract then and I don't like it any better now, but if you can't win in the trenches you're not likely to win period.

Most teams in this league have awful offensive lines.

Dallas Oline isn’t what it was but it’s still one of the better units in football because it’s terrible league wide.

acr731

Reaction score
No..

Romo is a playmaker that made things happen.

Dak is a facilitator that waits for others to make things happen.

Valid point.... I was leaning more towards disappearing in big games. Both of them were consistent in that regard.

starfan1

Reaction score
This IS a thread about Dak, though. And no, I don't think he's the sole reason Dallas can't get past the wildcard game. Neither was Romo.

Yet he's good enough that he could have possibly gotten the win against the 9ers. To me its about football IQ, and his is at a greater level than Dak's. I doubt he would have run the clock down to zero like Dak did.

ya that was stupid but let’s say Dak doesn’t run the clock down to 0. And let’s say he loses a different way your narrative would have only slightly changed but your intent on blaming the qb would not change
If you feel like he’s the reason you’ll find a way to blame him and let’s not forget arod lost to the niners also and Dak also almost beat niners

also I get this is a thread about Dak but let’s not act like it’s not common practice in many threads to inject it

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
Valid point.... I was leaning more towards disappearing in big games. Both of them were consistent in that regard.
They both are and we’re flawed and like any other qb they need help
It’s not easy winning in the league at the highest level which makes what Brady and BB teams even more impressive
Alot has to go right

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm heading out in a bit for the first nighttime walleye trip of the summer. Ideal conditions for a moonlit troll. If we don't catch anything, I'm blaming Dak.
Update when you get a chance.

Flamma

Reaction score
I hate you.
Actually I envy you.
I've been taking care of my old dogs.
Not quite putting-to-sleep ready, but almost there.

Dangit. It's like I'm running a retirement home!

Wife and I are ready to move on and live it up after they go.
We got one stubborn dude who decides to look like the prime of health every time he hits the Vet.
He loves the Vet!
Go figure!
And the Vet loves him so I'm like G-D it!

Before my one dog died she used to love going to the vet. Would pull to get inside. My other dog is a refusenik. As soon as he gets to the door, he flops on his side. Now I have to try to peel 75 pounds of dead weight off the pavement because he's blocking the door. Now I just carry him in.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

One man...... really don't think so......

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/are...he-quarterback-for-the-dallas-cowboys.492042/

Now you might want to find the other 380 members who also are not happy with Dak being our QB!

P.S.I understand the truth bothers you being posted well grow up as it usually hurts when unrealistic passions are involved!

Big D

Reaction score

Please tell me what you think Rodgers would have done to change this outcome.

I guess Aaron wouldn't be pressured in these situations because he's elite right? Just having him makes the protection better. And the 14 penalties by Dak would not have happened as well. :laugh:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

starfan1

Reaction score
One man...... really don't think so......

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/are...he-quarterback-for-the-dallas-cowboys.492042/

Now you might want to find the other 380 members who also are not happy with Dak being our QB!

P.S.I understand the truth bothers you being posted well grow up as it usually hurts when unrealistic passions are involved!
Lol the other 380 don’t post stupid Shannon and skippy episodes to push their Dak agenda they responded to a poll

the other 380 don’t interject their Dak agenda in threads that have nothing to do initially with Dak in those cases there are about 20 of the members

let’s be clear I don’t care if Dak is replaced but to act like he’s the reason or even the biggest is foolish