Up until now I have steered clear of the Roy Williams debate...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1900556 said:
I can no longer do it. This guy is a shell of his former self. I don't know if it was Kelly Rowland, a big payday, or what... One thing I am positive of is that this guy can no longer do it in this system. Perhaps he needs to be in a system that allows him to be one dimensional. We ask for more out of our SS. He no longer strikes fear in the hearts of our competitors. They lead him around like a lost puppy all game long. There's definitely something different about this guy and I do not like it at all.

I always liked Roy... never bashed him on here... I may have called him on a few plays and his horsecollar.... but... he just needs to retire.

All I see is him falling down.... missing tackles.... it almost looks like a woman out there trying to play with these guys.

Its getting hard to watch him.

Draft a hard hitting safety that can wrap up in the first round. Atleast then we have someone that can help stop the run.

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you (Woo woo woo).
What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson?
"Joltin' Joe has left and gone away" (Hey hey hey, hey hey hey)."

Just replace Joe DiMaggio with Roy Williams.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1902972 said:
I wish our Pro Bowl SS played like that over-rated Bum.

No kidding. Harrison is an aging ******* - who STILL makes game-impacting plays for his team (and witnessed as recently as last Saturday)...

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
outthedoorbill;1903116 said:
No kidding. Harrison is an aging ******* - who STILL makes game-impacting plays for his team (and witnessed as recently as last Saturday)...

Yeah I think Harrison's an ***...but I definitely didn't see a over-rated bum Saturday.

eldog

Reaction score
Yea Roy needs to go. If we all see it, why don't the coaches see it though? He is a liability on defense and I am not saying he cost us the game but I have watched every game this season and they always go after him. He is not the same player anymore and I am tired of seeing him on the field if he is not producing or making plays. I do not care if is a star on the team or not but this star always gets picked on.

khiladi

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1903129 said:
Yeah I think Harrison's an ***...but I definitely didn't see a over-rated bum Saturday.

He had one interception on a forced throw that sealed the deal. That makes him an over-rated bum that gets by on plays when his team is up and the game is practically a won deal.

The Jaguars were moving the ball very consistently throughout the game. Teams have constantly exposed their middle the last few games and Harrison is a big part of that.

If anything, blame their defensive approach to the game.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
trickblue;1900872 said:
I haven't taken a position on this for a while, but he is a DEFINITE liability...

I would package him on draft day for what I can get. If he remains on this team he will be a "hurt feelings" liability...

He flat out has to go. He has been bad for three years now...

How many times do we have to hear how teams plan to isolate him to realize it?

They telegraph it, then do it...

Take a box of kleenex and some burn relief medicine for him...

I think you hit the nail on the head, he "is" a definite liability...plain and simple. I'm tired of seeing him in, game after game, making the same mistakes over and over again. Of course we all realize that every player is going to make mistakes, but in his case, that seems to be all he does anymore. I would like to see us package him on draft day, but I honestly wonder how many teams would be interested in him though, and if we found a team interested in him, I'd jump at whatever they had to offer for him.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i'm not blaming roy for the loss but we will never win a superbowl with thunderthighs in our secondary

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
theogt;1901699 said:
True. But Newman, Henry, Hamlin, etc. were all paid to make plays as well. Lots of guys played "meh" but didn't suck. They just don't get threads about them, which I don't exactly understand.

Acording to Adam's stats TNew shut down his end he played like a shutdown corner, the others are not supposed to be the stars of the secondary, it's Tnew and RW +2. I've been a big RW fan he was the glimmer of hope for a couple of years for me, but I too now think he's done, he was never a physical freak, it was more his instincts that made him a playmaker and his confidence seems to be shot. In the begginig he would take on OL-men and even push them back sometimes, now I see him happy just bumping into a RB or FB as if his job is just to "occupy" them, I can't remember the last WOO-hit I saw from him...

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Can't Jerry ask him to take a pay cut based on his lack of perforamance?

I was all for keepin Abram Elam coming out of camp, and dumping Killer. That way if Roy continued his crappy play, we coud put Elam in there to replace him in some situations.

Roy apologists seem to like to use the Killer is worse than Roy argument, so who do you replace him with. Well, Killer is still a mediocre ST player and nothing else, Roy is bad and getting worse and Elam is a starting SS in the NFL.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
The problem with Roy is that he is trying too hard to not mess up. It's just like a boxer that is thinking too much, trying not to get knocked out instead of just following his instincts and as a result....ends up getting knocked the luck out.

The coaching staff knows this, which is why they made an effort to "dumb it down" for Roy. But because the other teams gameplan to isolate him anyway, that doesn't work. He is simply lost out there. As a fan of humanity, I hope Roy can get it together. But as a fan of this team, I hope he gets it together somewhere else, because we cannot continue to win with him as a liability and teams gameplanning to exploit him on a weekly basis.

Side note: You've gotta love his failed attempt for an Int when he dove awkardly to intercept the ball before the ball had even made it into reasonable interception range and the ball ended up falling about 5 yards ahead. when I saw that, I just chuckled to myself and said, "theres our pro-bowl SS."

BTW, I said I would be back to talk draft, so here are players that I think could replace Roy at ranges that wouldn't break the bank.

Josh Barrett, SS, Arizona State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 231.
40 Time: 4.49.
Projected Round: 2-3

Quintin Demps, FS, UTEP
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round: 2-3

Simeon Castille, FS, Alabama
Height: 6-1. Weight: 193.
40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round: 3.

Marcus Griffin, FS, Texas
Height: 6-0. Weight: 202.
40 Time: 4.47.
Projected Round: 3

Caleb Campbell, SS, Army
Height: 6-2. Weight: 223.
40 Time: 4.47.
Projected Round: 3-4

Wesley Woodyard, SS, Kentucky
Height: 6-1. Weight: 212.
40 Time: 4.41.
Projected Round: 3-4

Bobbie Williams, FS, Bethune-Cookman
Height: 6-0. Weight: 190.
40 Time: 4.44.
Projected Round: 4

Darien Williams, FS, Oklahoma
Height: 6-0. Weight: 197.
40 Time: 4.49.
Projected Round: 5

Josh Pinkard*, FS, USC
Height: 6-1. Weight: 215.
40 Time: 4.44.
Projected Round: 5-6

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
stealth;1900724 said:
He is still top 10 SS in the entire league, dont be ********, everyone expected the moon and got less than that and wants to throw him under the bus.

Guess how many players on the team actually have lived up to the draft position expectations, be it for the positive or the negative. Roy will and should retire as a cowboy. This crap is getting old. We lost, its all roy's fault.
He's the Scape goat around here that's for sure, to Me, Reeves is more a problem then Roy.

JPM

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;1903643 said:
He's the Scape goat around here that's for sure, to Me, Reeves is more a problem then Roy.
You can add Crayton to that list.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;1903643 said:

Have you even read any pages prior to this? The fact that someone else on the Cowboys sucks more than Roy does not absolve biscuit in any way for his god awful season.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1903660 said:
Have you even read any pages prior to this? The fact that someone else on the Cowboys sucks more than Roy does not absolve biscuit in any way for his god awful season.

They both need to go. Neither Reeves nor Williams should have a place on this team next season.

When Roy came out I loved him. I loved when he brought the big hits and loved how he played the game but in the past couple of years he's gotten soft. Oddly enough he seemed to start to go soft right after he got married. When I was in high school we had a band director that was known for being a grumpy and mean guy but when he got married he turned into a real nice guy. The students would joke that the sex mellowed him out. I find it sad that I'm now making the same jokes about Roy Williams.

khiladi

Reaction score
DallasCowboysRule!;1903777 said:
They both need to go. Neither Reeves nor Williams should have a place on this team next season.

When Roy came out I loved him. I loved when he brought the big hits and loved how he played the game but in the past couple of years he's gotten soft. Oddly enough he seemed to start to go soft right after he got married. When I was in high school we had a band director that was known for being a grumpy and mean guy but when he got married he turned into a real nice guy. The students would joke that the sex mellowed him out. I find it sad that I'm now making the same jokes about Roy Williams.

Actually, I don't think Roy is married... he was engaged to Kelly Rowland but the engagement was called off..

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Hmm...probably because he was always lost and out of place in bed, wasn't in the right "zone," and blamed it on someone else whenever he failed. Plus he probably wasn't "hitting" as hard as he used to.