Video sums up Dak/Wentz debate

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
only thing dak does better than wentz is the "glitch", took him half of last year and half this year to get over his fear. Maybe. We haven't seen him pressured like the first of the year. The glitch is still there just hiding until he's pressured again.

morat1959

Reaction score
It’s the standard play from the homers.

If you don’t think all our players are the best, you clearly are a troll and not a real cowboys fan.

Pay these guys zero attention.

Both of y’all have got to be long time fans. I just don’t know about the homers. How they can constantly hang their hat on mediocrity is beyond me. How dare we challenge this organization and what they’ve done the last 20+ years? How can you NOT challenge this insanity? As I’ve stated several times on this board, I’m a MS boy and want nothing more than for Dak to succeed. The problems you see in his game are the same he’s had since his days at MS St. I don’t know if you can fix them. If you can’t see them you’re blind as a bat. I know you risk injury if you run an offense that is conducive to Dak’s skills but that’s the ONLY way our offense will be of Super Bowl caliber. He’s NOT a pocket passer and never will be. I can’t figure out why Linehan keeps trying at least not with our current QB coach. Who knows...maybe Moore is a good one and Dak’s unfixable???? He certainly hasn’t improved any of his weaknesses since his college career. Dak’s tough as nails, a good runner and a leader but that’s not enough at this level unless everything around him is perfect. There are lots of avg. QBs in this league who can succeed when everything around them is perfect. I hope dumb dumb, as a GM anyway, doesn’t give Dak big bucks. Please put the franchise tag on him and buy us another year for this FO and homers to see what a lot of us already see.

Number1

Reaction score

ummm ... I'm a gambler by profession - the glass is never half full or half empty to me - just half

the opinions of these commentators is largely bought and paid for spin - charts with no numbers :)
and therefore none objective, absolutely silly vs the record - go look at their career #s

Wentz - http://www.nfl.com/player/carsonwentz/2555259/careerstats
Dak - http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/careerstats

the only thing Wentz is clearly better at so far is getting drafted - #2 vs #135
that tilts a lot of perspectives and creates much ignorance
here's the facts

- Dak has the higher Comp%
- Dak has the higher YPA
- Dak has the higher QBR
- Dak has the higher 2 min QBR
- Dak has the Lower INT%
- Wentz has the higher TD% (4.7 vs 4.5)

- they are tied at 2.4 sacks per game
- Wentz has more FUMs per game 0.23 vs 0.16
- Dak has more TDs (r/p) ... Dak 78, Wentz 69 ,,, and more WINS :) yes, Dak has never missed a start, toughness matters

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think the Eagles' Super Bowl victory dispels that difference between Prescott and Wentz. The Eagles won without him so obviously the rest of the talent was good enough to get the title with his replacement.

Now, I believe the only areas where Philly is stronger than us this year is its front four, tight end, offensive line and yes, quarterback. We're stronger at linebacker, the secondary and running back. I think the receivers are pretty even.
TE clearly goes to Philly but I disagree with the front 4. Philly has more known names but Long and Bennett haven't been great and neither has Graham. Cox is a beast as usually but Lawrence cancels that out. Both OL has been shaky with injuries and what not. QB I also disagree with. I would rather have Dak and it's not close in my mind. Wentz is a decent QB but I feel he is overrated.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Wentz can put a team on his back, they mean the same team that was talented enough where Foles was able to take them through the playoffs and win the Superbowl? :huh:

Wentz maybe good, but he isn't a elite "put a team on his back" type of QB. He isn't Brady who can turn any WR into a productive weapon. Saying that Wentz can put a team on his back, when his team has a good WR corps and yet is 6-6 and on the verge of having their season be over with if they lose to the Cowboys on Sunday. And also is QBing the worst defending Superbowl champions in NFL history, who might not just miss the playoffs, but could end up finishing the season with a losing record, if they lose to Dallas,the Rams and Texans.
I totally agree with you. Wentz can't put his team on his back, especially in clutch situations. Not only that wasnt the excuse for his bad play his rookie year was because he didn't have anybody to throw too

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
What a dumb video. They didn't even include the stats where Dak ran it in for a TD. Secondly, if the game is close and Dak has the ball, he is much better at closing out games than Carson Wentz. Lastly, Dak for 3 years did not have a much better defense than the Eagles.

These guys are absolutely clueless when it comes to knowing the true nature of both teams. Eagles has had a much better defense and is one of the main reasons why they won the Superbowl.

I also like how they stated that Carson Wentz is not fully healed yet. Thus he wasn't as effective. Then they totally discounted Zeke being suspended.

The video provided no value. Just a bunch of guys who have an agenda.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
agreed. If Dallas has to overpay for Dak its messes this up completely & Dallas will be hand-cuffed in head-head match-up for years against Philly.

Dallas won't overpay for Dak. He will get what Hall mentioned. 15-18 million.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
And they praised how great Wentz was year despite not acknowledging how great his supporting cast was and his defense lol.

And I'm actually of the belief that Wentz is better than Dak right now but the reason why I'd prefer him is exactly what Hall said. Dak is going to get a contract anywhere from 16-18 million. Wentz will probably be the highest paid qb in the league when its his turn. I will have a much easier time trying to fit 16 million a year under my salary cap then I will 30 million. Aaron Rodgers is worth 30 million because he can mask some of my flaws. Wentz isn't of that caliber.

Get Dak better coaching and more weapons and he can be better than what we see now. So sure he can be as good as Wentz. Not a better passer. But a QB who knows how to manage the game and win games that are close. Wentz is not that type of QB. He is terrible in the waning moments and throws ill advise INTs during critical times. Thus I would prefer Dak right now with a lower salary.

Nav22

Reaction score
ummm ... I'm a gambler by profession - the glass is never half full or half empty to me - just half

the opinions of these commentators is largely bought and paid for spin - charts with no numbers :)
and therefore none objective, absolutely silly vs the record - go look at their career #s

Wentz - http://www.nfl.com/player/carsonwentz/2555259/careerstats
Dak - http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/careerstats

the only thing Wentz is clearly better at so far is getting drafted - #2 vs #135
that tilts a lot of perspectives and creates much ignorance
here's the facts

- Dak has the higher Comp%
- Dak has the higher YPA
- Dak has the higher QBR
- Dak has the higher 2 min QBR
- Dak has the Lower INT%
- Wentz has the higher TD% (4.7 vs 4.5)

- they are tied at 2.4 sacks per game
- Wentz has more FUMs per game 0.23 vs 0.16
- Dak has more TDs (r/p) ... Dak 78, Wentz 69 ,,, and more WINS :) yes, Dak has never missed a start, toughness matters
Yep. Dak has the better W/L record and better career stats. Those are facts, not opinion.

Wentz has the draft status and the built-in excuses that come with being a top draft pick who’s been outplayed by a 4th rounder.

A 4th rounder on the most hated team in football, no less. Remember how hard it was for TONY ROMO to get his due? I’m STILL arguing with buddies who say he was a choker and an average QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is a joke. Who are you to question my fandom of over 45 years? If somebody disagrees with you, they are not a fan. Since when did you become the judge in fandom. I question the fandom of those that supports anything the Cowboys do, even when it was wrong.
What did the Cowboys do wrong? Name it.

In case you haven't noticed, they have won 4 in a row and are in the NFC East Division lead at this moment with Dak as their QB, unlike Wentz and his iggles team.