Video: TO telling teammate play was to Fasano

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
abersonc;1120955 said:
Sure -- but decision making is harder under duress. No time from the line means more crap decisions. It has been that way since the league started. You put an immobile QB under center with a line that can't protect him and well, that's what you get. I doubt Aikman would be better under these conditions -- actually, I doubt Troy would have made it through more than 5 games with that line.

Of course pressure can effect a QB thought process and decision making.. no doubt about it,, but the thing is.. on several of his INTs,, there was no pressure at all,, Nadda, no one even close, the hot dog vender was closer to drew than the pass rushers. Now if you are saying that he can't shake off the hits anymore and that he is timid back there and feeling ghost pressure,, I can buy that.. but when that happens to a QB,, then its time to hang them up, which in this case with bledsoe,, is very accurate.. so I guess I am agreeing with you.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1120975 said:
Of course pressure can effect a QB thought process and decision making.. no doubt about it,, but the thing is.. on several of his INTs,, there was no pressure at all,, Nadda, no one even close, the hot dog vender was closer to drew than the pass rushers. Now if you are saying that he can't shake off the hits anymore and that he is timid back there and feeling ghost pressure,, I can buy that.. but when that happens to a QB,, then its time to hang them up, which in this case with bledsoe,, is very accurate.. so I guess I am agreeing with you.

I don't want him to hang them up yet. I'd love to believe that Romo is our long-term solution and that he'll be great down the next 10 (+ hopefully) game stretch -- but if Romo stinks it up or gets hurt, I think a vet like Drew who can come in with something to prove is a great option - or at least the only option we have.

felix360

Reaction score
abersonc;1120970 said:
and how many plays designed to do one thing do something else? that's what you don't know -- likely far more than you think

of course not all plays go the way they are designed but the point is that when a play is designed to go a certain way the players should at least attempt to run the play the way its supposed to. In this case Bledsoe didnt even look at Fasano or MBIII or even to the right side.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dale;1120982 said:
This may have already been stated, but Parcells said in the post-game press conference that the play was "designed for the other side."

Dale -- do you have a sense as to how many plays end up going somewhere they aren't designed? Not challenging -- just asking.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
felix360;1120983 said:
of course not all plays go the way they are designed but the point is that when a play is designed to go a certain way the players should at least attempt to run the play the way its supposed to. In this case Bledsoe didnt even look at Fasano or MBIII or even to the right side.

I'm wondering how you got that from the clip or the photo. seems pretty damn near impossible to track a QBs vision - I mean if we can, why wouldn't every defender on the field be able to?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
abersonc;1120985 said:
Dale -- do you have a sense as to how many plays end up going somewhere they aren't designed? Not challenging -- just asking.

No, but given the sound in Parcells voice when he discussed this play, it sure didn't sound like this was one of the plays that should have been changed.

I don't have the quote recorded, but didn't he even say something to the effect of "I'm not sure why he threw it there." I could be fabricating, but I could swear I recall him saying something interesting after discussing where the play was designed.

felix360

Reaction score
abersonc;1120986 said:
I'm wondering how you got that from the clip or the photo. seems pretty damn near impossible to track a QBs vision - I mean if we can, why wouldn't every defender on the field be able to?

"It was too many mistakes," Parcells said. "Too much improvising."

well all u have to do is watch the game again just look at Bledsoe and u can see for urself that Bledsoe never looked to the right.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dale;1120987 said:
No, but given the sound in Parcells voice when he discussed this play, it sure didn't sound like this was one of the plays that should have been changed.

I don't have the quote recorded, but didn't he even say something to the effect of "I'm not sure why he threw it there." I could be fabricating, but I could swear I recall him saying something interesting after discussing where the play was designed.

I think however that Drew and Terry have hooked up on lots of these improv plays in the past. For example, in Carolina last year it seemed like the winning pass to Terry could not have possibly been designed to go to him. Of course the play wasn't designed to go the way it did - you don't chart it like that.

I want everyone to think about where they work -- remember the last time someone lost their job -- who did everyone blame everything on for the next few weeks? The dude who got fired. Same principle. Different job.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1120993 said:
I think however that Drew and Terry have hooked up on lots of these improv plays in the past. For example, in Carolina last year it seemed like the winning pass to Terry could not have possibly been designed to go to him. Of course the play wasn't designed to go the way it did - you don't chart it like that.

I want everyone to think about where they work -- remember the last time someone lost their job -- who did everyone blame everything on for the next few weeks? The dude who got fired. Same principle. Different job.
This is like blaming the missing money from the cash drawer on the guy that stole it and got fired. ;)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
felix360;1120990 said:
"It was too many mistakes," Parcells said. "Too much improvising."

well all u have to do is watch the game again just look at Bledsoe and u can see for urself that Bledsoe never looked to the right.

You post that head on shot of Drew's face to see where exactly he was looking when you get it up then.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
abersonc;1120926 said:
Mentioned improvising -- not where the play was supposed to go -more specifically, not who it was supposed to go to. Like i've said over and over -- Drew sucked -- I have no problem with the benching -- but it wasn't about this play. It was about Drew not fitting on a team with a crap line.

And that, per Parcells, half the sacks taken by him are NOT the fault of the line.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
If I got the names wrong, please correct me. I'd like to see the video of this, but one thing that appears reasonably clear is that Bledsoe was not under any intense pressure. It was a 4man front, no blitzer or spy.

Fasano is open-ish, i wouldn't say WIDE open, but somebody made the point that the defender would have likely had to go through Fasano to make a play on the ball.

Barber...well either a quick dump and he has up to four guys there to possibley block: the 2 (?'s) plus Fasano and whoever was on the far far right out of frame.

Likewise, it appears that Columbo was pushing his man well inside ?Strahan? Could the quarterback have rolled out to the right at which point he has the above mentioned blockers + Barber. Maybe doesn't get into the endzone, but it was 2nd and goal from the 4. At worst it brings up 3rd and something.

Also, back to the blocking. He appears to have a clear throwing lane, was Madison hiding his coverage that well?

And finally...if you do see the video, you see that Madison's coverage takes him back and to the left....back and to the left...back and to the left...

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v22/pfjunkie/Football/fasano2.jpg

jlust22

Reaction score
Bledsoe went through his thought process on this play during his weekly radio show today (audio now up on dallascowboys.com). He said he had Glenn singled on one side and three receivers to the right. He said in practice when they ran that play 3 or 4 times, he had thrown the quick out to Glenn who was open and it had been a good play for them. However, he said the difference in the game was that Madison was playing press coverage and playing underneath the route meaning he let Glenn get behind him. Bledsoe said that when he saw that, he tried to throw it outside enough to where only Glenn could get it or no one, but he missed. He said if he had worked the other side of the play, he probably could have thrown it quick to Fasano for the TD. But, he said when he decided to go over to Glenn's side, he said the option there when he picked that side was to throw it out of bounds.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bled wasn't being harassed. He had plenty of time to read all his checkdowns.

WhizKid

Reaction score
every reciever could have scored here except for terry. He could of hit TO with a fast one, barber could of dove in, Fasano was W-I-D-E OPEN.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
235-472-fasano2.jpg

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
he said the option there when he picked that side was to throw it out of bounds.

That doesn't make things any better b/c that was an absolutely HORRIBLE throw out of bounds: at minimum 5feet too low and about a yard short of the sideline.

May have been better off throwing at the turf

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Bizwah;1120873 said:
You're right....

Barber has a ton of room to run.

Fasano appears to be wide open.

How did we not score there?
I think in the long run we did.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Looks like my dad was wide open, a decent pass and he would at the very least gotten to the 1.

Anyone think thats underutilized? The dumpoff? Seems like we usually get decent gains on that one

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Red Flag thrown...

This evidence is far from indisputable. I watched the clip a few times and certainly couldnt without a doubt say that TO said "Fasano".

By the way... why would he call him Fasano ? Instead of Tony or Anthony, or even some random nickname ?

This is reaching.