Video: TO telling teammate play was to Fasano

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1121053 said:
Red Flag thrown...

This evidence is far from indisputable. I watched the clip a few times and certainly couldnt without a doubt say that TO said "Fasano".

By the way... why would he call him Fasano ? Instead of Tony or Anthony, or even some random nickname ?

This is reaching.

Why not call him Fasano?

In highschool almost all the players and coaches called me by my last name, as well as a few other players. Is that so foreign to you?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Yea, thats pretty much how it goes. Unless your last name is something like Smith, Johnson, Jones, James ect.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Have you guys ever watched NFL player interviews ?

Especially guys from the same unit. They usually have a nickname or call the guy by his first name.

sillycon

Reaction score
abersonc;1120986 said:
I'm wondering how you got that from the clip or the photo. seems pretty damn near impossible to track a QBs vision - I mean if we can, why wouldn't every defender on the field be able to?

It's very clear to see from the video by the way he turns his head. He took one glance to the right side with everyone just barely starting their routes and then went immediately to the left side at Glenn. The way he didn't even wait for the play to develop sures gives credence to the people saying that Drew already made up his mind to throw to Terry before the play started...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1121063 said:
Have you guys ever watched NFL player interviews ?

Especially guys from the same unit. They usually have a nickname or call the guy by his first name.

TO the camera, MAYBE.

But to EACHOTHER? Different story.

lspain1

Reaction score
While it may be a bit too easy to pick one bad play apart, I think the point about the consistent problems this season speaks volumes about Bledsoe's play. I'm not excusing the offensive line, it has been lousy at times. However, unlike last season, this year we have been able to run the football. And many of Bledsoe's poor decisions have come when he was NOT under pressure. I haven't been a Bledsoe hater but it is clear that a change had to be made and the reason for that change is Bledsoe himself.

Parcells has been gracious to Drew and not thrown him under the bus. I suspect he delayed making the decision because he thought Drew would bring his play back up to at least last year's standard. It didn't happen. Parcells has made the change. It is time to move on.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
bbgun;1121007 said:
235-472-fasano2.jpg
LOL! I LOVE IT!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
abersonc;1120891 said:
so easy to judge the play when you can view the photo for a few seconds.

let me ask this. You are a QB -- who are you going to in the clutch? Glenn or Fasano?

That shouldn't be the consideration. How hard is it to scan the field and go to the open player or the player that has the best chance at success?

It is about scanning the field and making the correct decision. This was taking a risk and basically requires Madison to not only be lazy, but gives Glenn a matter of a few feet to make the catch and creep around the pylon. The player most open was Fasano. If not, he should have thrown it into the stands. You do not force passes like that in the redzone simply because of the close quarters.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
lspain1;1121078 said:
And many of Bledsoe's poor decisions have come when he was NOT under pressure.

A completely forgotten point that is ignored.

His decisions even without pressure have been bad and inexcusable.

LD Fan

Reaction score
Alexander;1121148 said:
That shouldn't be the consideration. How hard is it to scan the field and go to the open player or the player that has the best chance at success?

It is about scanning the field and making the correct decision. This was taking a risk and basically requires Madison to not only be lazy, but gives Glenn a matter of a few feet to make the catch and creep around the pylon. The player most open was Fasano. If not, he should have thrown it into the stands. You do not force passes like that in the redzone simply because of the close quarters.

And most important, you don't just randomly "scan the field" . There's a progression to follow which apparently DB routinely ignores. The first option was to the right (where there are 3 players flooding). That is a very rookie kind of mistake.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
LD Fan;1121182 said:
And most important, you don't just randomly "scan the field" . There's a progression to follow which apparently DB routinely ignores. The first option was to the right (where there are 3 players flooding). That is a very rookie kind of mistake.

Or a mistake that a player who can't depend on his line for adequate time makes. Obviously he had other, and better, options - but if you get hit over and over as you are going to start making reads faster and faster, likely missing guys who the play may or may not be designed for. But every QB in the league does that -- some can do it more effectively than others.

wileedog

Reaction score
abersonc;1120926 said:
Mentioned improvising -- not where the play was supposed to go -more specifically, not who it was supposed to go to. Like i've said over and over -- Drew sucked -- I have no problem with the benching -- but it wasn't about this play. It was about Drew not fitting on a team with a crap line.

No, he specifically said the play was designed to go to the right side.

Considering they flooded that area with 3 receivers, and had one guy on the left with press coverage, only someone fixated on who they want to throw to would even consider going to the left on that play, especially an out pass.

There's not even a pass rusher with 5 yards of him, so even IF that play was designed to go to Terry, why rush the throw into coverage before checking down to the 2 open TEs, or even Barber who no one was paying any attention to?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
abersonc;1121230 said:
Or a mistake that a player who can't depend on his line for adequate time makes. Obviously he had other, and better, options - but if you get hit over and over as you are going to start making reads faster and faster, likely missing guys who the play may or may not be designed for. But every QB in the league does that -- some can do it more effectively than others.

Or, instead of going for who the play was designed for, or reading through his normal progressions, he feels pressure that doesn't exist, and throws a careless pass to whom he is most comfortable with even though he is never even remotely open.

ravidubey

Reaction score
abersonc;1120906 said:
Drew doesn't stink as a QB -- he just is a horrible fit for a team with a poor OL.

I think this is an accurate statement, but fact is that most offensive lines become more horrible when they block for stationary targets like Drew.

I think Drew entered the league five-ten years too late. The game has evolved: blitzes have become more creative, coverages are more confusing, and defenders are physically capable of driving back or around OL 50 pounds heavier than they are.

Offensive lines need quarterbacks who are elusive (not the m-word) enough to buy a little bit of time and who can feel the pressure build while keeping their eyes open downfield.

These days balance, deception, and misdirection are key components of every successful offense. Defenses should not be allowed to guess anything about a play pre snap-- even where the QB will be.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
abersonc;1121214 said:
never said I did
Parcells did say it was designed to go the right. Who it was designed for is not as relavent as the clear difference between: LEFT and RIGHT.

Maybe Drew's dyslexic?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1121235 said:
Or, instead of going for who the play was designed for, or reading through his normal progressions, he feels pressure that doesn't exist, and throws a careless pass to whom he is most comfortable with even though he is never even remotely open.

Keep in mind -- the QB pretty much has to sit back there and trust that the line is going to keep guys off him -- he's not looking so much at the rush as the receivers. Drew went back to pass 16 times -- and he got hit about 9 or 10 times. That makes a QB assume pressure that isn't there -- is some of that his fault for being slow? Hell yes. Is some of that the line's fault. Absolutely. But you put those two together and you get crap. Plays like this are exactly what you expect when you match a slow QB and a mediocre line.