Von Miller traded to Rams

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would agree that it seldom works but they did manage to carry Goff to a super bowl so they have some credibility and success with their methods......lets Hope it backfires on them with too many egos to be fed
They did but that was also early in McVey's career and honestly I can't say how or why they haven't had the same success since then. Especially after getting Ramsey. I Won't lie though this is the best team they've had under McVey. This might be in for them.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I still think the Rams will get tripped up by the Bucs, the Packers or the Cowboys. It's not just talent, it's cohesion.
I'm going to laugh my behind off if they don't advance to the Super Bowl.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
So let's see, if this trade goes through, next year the Rams will have:
  • No 1st-round pick
  • No 2nd-round pick
  • One 3rd-round pick (maybe the compensatory one)
  • No 4th-round pick
  • One 5th-round pick
  • No 6th-round pick
  • Two 7th-round picks
They also have no 1st- or 4th-rounder in 2023.

The Rams decided a few years ago (accurately, I believe) that the draft had been over-valued in the league and that picks are better spent getting CLEAR contributors. That means they won't enjoy inexpensive labor in the form of great picks, but it's working for them thus far. Just don't know how they can sustain.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Miller is an UFA after the season ends. He has a base salary of $17.5M. I guess the Tams will have to sign him long term or they have to have about $9M in cap room.

No way I am giving up two draft picks, eating $9M in cap for a 32-year old injury prone player on the last year of his contract.
when I just looked up his contract it says 722k.... how is his base salary 17.5 million according to you? What am I reading incorrectly?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/von-miller-7717/

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Jerry is serious about SB he needs to be making these kind of ALL IN deals.

Jimmy would do this.

Tank and a 2nd would have been better deal than Rams package.
no no no we don't trade Tank. it said a couple of second day picks...probably a 3rd, perhaps entice with a 2nd and a 3rd...you keep thank, Miller plays the same side, now you can pass rush from right and left, and with Tank, Gregory and Miller you have a nice pass rush Attack.

plus we couldn't absorb Tanks' money this year or next...

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I still think the Rams will get tripped up by the Bucs, the Packers or the Cowboys. It's not just talent, it's cohesion.
I'm going to laugh my behind off if they don't advance to the Super Bowl.

Eh I won't laugh. They're aggressive and working for it. There are no guarantees in the NFL, but the Rams have as good a chance as any of the upper tier teams.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Rams decided a few years ago (accurately, I believe) that the draft had been over-valued in the league and that picks are better spent getting CLEAR contributors. That means they won't enjoy inexpensive labor in the form of great picks, but it's working for them thus far. Just don't know how they can sustain.

Its working? how so? They did get to a SB, but not using older experienced players.

After their SB appearance they have finished 3rd and 2nd in their division and not been close to a SB. This year, we will have to wait and see.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So let's see, if this trade goes through, next year the Rams will have:
  • No 1st-round pick
  • No 2nd-round pick
  • One 3rd-round pick (maybe the compensatory one)
  • No 4th-round pick
  • One 5th-round pick
  • No 6th-round pick
  • Two 7th-round picks
They also have no 1st- or 4th-rounder in 2023.
If they have a Lombardy to show for it, it'll be worth it, but that's pretty iffy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dynasties seem to be getting harder and harder to pull off in sports. I don't blame teams for going all-in. I like the way the Rams have been run over the last 4-5 year, Goff, Gurley, Ramsey, etc. When you think they are going nowhere, here they are again ready to compete.

Having said that, I also like the way the Boys have been run lately too. Guess more than one way to skin a cat.

Both approaches have their pros and cons but in a salary cap era, it’s tough to keep any roster intact.

Credit to the Rams for being able to get out of bad deals and bad picks quickly.

This team might have considered an ‘all-in’ move like this because there could be a LOT of turnover after this season.