Wade Phillips and Byran Stewart

btcutter

Reaction score
cowboyrock;2196501 said:
Attack me all you want. but im telling you, unless Wade or Stewart'or whoever is putting this defense on the field. unless they change the way this team plays defense.it's going to be a long year. getting mad and calling me names will not change that.

last time I checked they also coahed the SD team defense. So is it the players or the coaches?
I am not defending them but just poining to the history.

fortdick

Reaction score
Hostile;2197237 said:
Some people don't get it?

:grin:

LMAO!

Here's the pitch! Hostile hits a deep line drive to center, back, way back, IT'S GONE!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cowboyrock;2197157 said:
Are you kidding? both D.thomas and Malcome Kelly are hurt. hard to make catches when you are not on the field.your post is out of line. i dont like the Commanders, but be fair.the fact is the skins have look better than us so far this preseason. but i do think when the real games start,we are the better team.

The Commander fan starts to show his true colors .....

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Hostile;2197226 said:
I take a stab at this one too. Home field advantage, post nasal drip, elevation, deceleration, bad hair, we need a pair, we didn't nap, they did, banana peels on our side of the field caused us to slip, Wile E. Coyote game plan included bombs and they weren't delivered on time from ACME, and we should have drafted ______________ instead of _____________. (Fill in the blanks.)

It's the HATE

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
cowboyrock;2196456 said:
Folks yes it's just preseason, but it's time to tell it like it is.can these two guys put a dominating defense on the field ever? even with better talent in the secondary. i still see our CB's ten yards off the recievers.this defensive looks no better than it did last year.dont give me this crap about it's just preseason and we were vanella. it's preseason for everybody, and everybody is vanella. im worried about this team. thats two weeks in a row it's been dominated.

You'd think a Commanders fan would know how to spell vanilla.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
peplaw06;2197228 said:
Wait a minute... now you're making excuses for the Skins??

If you weren't transparent before, now there is no doubt.

:laugh2:

I know, right?

Cowboys can do NOTHING right. Nothing. But the excuses come flying out for the Commanders.

AT BEST, he's being argumentative and combative with his own fans... at worst he's a sock puppet from ExtremeSkins.

I'll guess the second.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
djtavo;2197472 said:
they dont...
they want to go all out on foreplay !! lol
I meant that they never get any foreplay, but that works too.

Woods

Reaction score
Foreplay? What's that?

Reminds me of the Three Amigos movie.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
AsthmaField;2197489 said:

I know, right?

Cowboys can do NOTHING right. Nothing. But the excuses come flying out for the Commanders.

AT BEST, he's being argumentative and combative with his own fans... at worst he's a sock puppet from ExtremeSkins.

I'll guess the second.

Thank Odin the mods are watching.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woods;2197505 said:
Foreplay? What's that?

Reminds me of the Three Amigos movie.
Just because we played the Broncos last night.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
All you people insulting Cowboyrock are pathetic.

He has a legitimate concern because i have the same concern about the corners playing 10 yards off the receiver. Especially when we have the talent at corner this year. I do not like to see **** like that.

And the people saying "O Its only preseason don't worry they will be fine" Are the same people who last year when a few of us was worried about how they looked at the end of the season said "OMG **** WE ARE 13-3" I cant stand the you people in that crowd. You think you know everything when in fact some of you are ignorant to football

Are we not allowed to be worried and criticize our team?

Woods

Reaction score
94WARE94;2197518 said:

He has a legitimate concern because i have the same concern about the corners playing 10 yards off the receiver. Especially when we have the talent at corner this year. I do not like to see **** like that.

And the people saying "O Its only preseason don't worry they will be fine" Are the same people who last year when a few of use was worried about how they looked at the end of the season said "OMG **** WE ARE 13-3" I cant stand the you people in that crowd. You think you know everything when in fact some of you are ignorant to football

Hey, we were 13-3 with 13 Pro Bowlers.

Isn't that good enough for you?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

On a serious note, let's see how we play vs. the Texans. I think we will play much harder. And hopefully execute better as well.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
94WARE94;2197518 said:

And the people saying "O Its only preseason don't worry they will be fine" Are the same people who last year when a few of us was worried about how they looked at the end of the season said "OMG **** WE ARE 13-3" I cant stand the you people in that crowd. You think you know everything when in fact some of you are ignorant to football

Its not just his current complaints ..... its his whole body of work.

Look at his post history .... every one is negative.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
zrinkill;2197532 said:
Its not just his current complaints ..... its his whole body of work.

Look at his post history .... every one is negative.

Understandable but its just so annoying on this board thats why i barley get on and post. I just look at the news on the cowboys.

Its hard to have a discussion about football on this board. If you make a legitimate concern about your team its "OMG WE HAVE 13 ProBowlers" Its too the point were there is no more honest discussions on this board.

If im a chicken little for being worried about certain areas of my team then o well.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
94WARE94;2197540 said:
Understandable but its just so annoying on this board thats why i barley get on and post. I just look at the news on the cowboys.

Its hard to have a discussion about football on this board. If you make a legitimate concern about your team its "OMG WE HAVE 13 ProBowlers" Its too the point were there is no more honest discussions on this board.

If im a chicken little for being worried about certain areas of my team then o well.

There's nothing wrong with having concerns... I have plenty of them about this team myself. It's when people don't use common sense and go overboard that it becomes annoying... speaking for myself, of course.

Yes, the defense looked dis-interested last night but they weren't allowed to use their pressure schemes, which is what Wade Phillips defenses have always been based around. Without being able to do that, the defense was hamstrung.

It isn't a huge leap of logic to assume that the lackidasical nature of the defense might have been tied to the inability to use what they've learned in practice.

So, am I concerned about the tackling? Some. Do I think the defense will look completely different when the shackles come off? Absolutely.