Video: Wake up call to all Cowboy fans

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak may not be elite, but we dont need to panic. The guy is good enough to win a SB. ALL teams end ^ having to overpay for a QB. Its the most important position on the team. Cant win a game without one. Its the market. Dallas doesnt set the market. His deal is starting to look cheap btw.
Amazing when you look at how fast money and contracts just rapidly escalate in this league so quickly.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sharpe is correct. I think Cousins is a good Dak comparison. Cousins throws a better ball but Daks a better leader. Neither are all pro level. Dak is like a 12-15 second tier guy. Just like Cousins.
What does that mean..."better leader"?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have only skimmed through a few posts.
And as usual….haters…this place is full of haters….
Dak, Zeke, whatever, this place is pathetic.
Both extremes can be trying.

Like the quote I just did....I'm no dak "hater"....but facts are facts. It of course isn't all Dak's fault...but we don;t have much to show for it...not sure how you can brag about "we won't crap without Dak"....

Flamma

Reaction score
Did you just call Stafford a "mobile QB"?

Stafford has had many great years throwing the football but he's never had a defense to back it up. The difference between Stafford and Dak is that Matt can do it against anyone while Dak seems to shrivel up against good teams.

LOL NO!!! I called Romo a mobile QB. Basically a more mobile version of Stafford. I agree with you. I think Dak is a level below Romo and Stafford.

Croomraider

Reaction score
pffffff list! People do realize that positions pay differently in the NFL, aka a top Center doesn't get paid what a top QB gets
and so forth and so on.
Knowing this little gemstone might save you a click from ever again having to listen to Shannon Sharpe talk about the Cowboys!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Both extremes can be trying.

Like the quote I just did....I'm no dak "hater"....but facts are facts. It of course isn't all Dak's fault...but we don;t have much to show for it...not sure how you can brag about "we won't crap without Dak"....

Agree completely!! I’ve always been in the Independent/middle here where I try..in my book…to rationally look at a season and give an honest opinion based on what happens as we go. I’m not sure why “haters” get so much grief when there are just as many “lovers” who can’t even objectively see how this team is Run, coached or how some players just aren’t up to snuff. Per usual the truth lies somewhere in between. The issue is we haven’t won anything in going on 3 decades and haven’t shown much in the playoffs despite talent. So I’d expect more people to question our direction etc and be called “haters.” It’s a function of frustration

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say the right things. Do the right things. Respected in the huddle and locker room. Team knows he is going to do his best.
Hmm...well...okay.

I am not convinced he's this so great leader people say. Does he truly inspire guys to be better than otherwise capable of? Does he chew ax when it needs chewed? I think those are critical aspects of a leader....and I don't see that. Does he do it when I can;t see? I dunno.

He doesn't HAVE to be supreme leader. From what you say he's doing his job well enough...and that's okay.

All just my opinion...if the fellas in uniform respect him as their leader...fine.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry AC, but if you were satisfied with that performance, and your accepting that as a franchise performance, than you already have admitted to accepting failure.
I expect more and demand more as a fan, but that carries about as much weight as a wooden nickel these days with mass fan base accepting less than table scraps, its hard to stomach.
In a dream scenario I would love to see at least marginal competition added to the position but that will never happen here.
Jerry says... No Soup For You!
Bro, I'm not saying I was satisfied with Dak's playoff performance, but I'm not blaming him for the loss when he was constantly under pressure, the Oline failed once again to get our rushing game going and our WRs were dropping passes or not getting open early and often. The play-calling was not adequate as well, and our Defense was getting both run on as well as passed on early and often. Penalties also hurt our team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They aren't winning anything with him, so all he does is take up cap space and fold like a cheap tent when it counts that's the true fact you can't accept. Lets hear your litany of excuses and finger pointing , must be the coaches fault Dak can't execute a simple play or change a play. Dak isn't a top 5 player on Dallas how sad is that, many said this before he was paid. Zeke forget about him he's not even the best RB on the team.
You're full of baloney if you truly believe everything you just said. Why watch then? You're just here to complain as usual.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Ive spoken harsher words, but I refrain with respect to posters like you.
The Dak lovers are already lost, hired by Jerry to remove the barnacles from the yachts' hull.

Dak has admittedly seen better days than he has in recent memories, although our FO persists in not facing it. Yet, my devotion to this team's success inclines me to support Dak, nevertheless. It seems that things might easily be better or worse. In the meantime, I'll find ways to enjoy the ride throughout both the good and not-so-good times. The Cowboys devoted fandom in me requires no less. It's a compellingly bad habit; I'll freely admit to that. :oops:

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What have we won WITH him?
Several winning seasons, several division titles, several playoff games (3) and at least 1 playoff victory (should have been 2 had them crooked officials not helped Green Bay during the divisional 2nd round playoff game in Arlington of 2016 season). That's not including numerous franchise seasonal records Dak has broken already barely 5.25 seasons playing for the Cowboys, but according to y'all, he just sucks.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ive spoken harsher words, but I refrain with respect to posters like you.
The Dak lovers are already lost, hired by Jerry to remove the barnacles from the yachts' hull.
The Dak lovers are lost, hired by Jerry to remove the barnacles from his yacht's hull??? LOL

ARE YOU HEARING THE LOST & HATE-FILLED DIATRIBE YOU ARE JUST SPEWING BRO?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Hmm...well...okay.

I am not convinced he's this so great leader people say. Does he truly inspire guys to be better than otherwise capable of? Does he chew ax when it needs chewed? I think those are critical aspects of a leader....and I don't see that. Does he do it when I can;t see? I dunno.

He doesn't HAVE to be supreme leader. From what you say he's doing his job well enough...and that's okay.

All just my opinion...if the fellas in uniform respect him as their leader...fine.
I am not saying he is Gen Patton, but he is more respected in the huddle than Cousins. BUT and this is what my crystal ball says, Dak's street cred is going to dry up and it may be this season. What more can Dak say and actually make people believe they have a chance at winning in the postseason? At some point, you actually have to win in the postseason and prove it. What can the coaches say to make the team believe they have a shot in the postseason with Dak? I think Cooper soured on Dak and the Jones boys ran him out of town. I have seen body language from the WR's last year that started to indicate this statement, "Come on man, I am wide open, why the heck are you throwing the ball way over there?" (head shakes, shoulder shrugs)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dallas is not elite. They are an average team.

I prefer to believe they're a slightly better than average team -- somehow, the foolish fan in me compels me to "hang in there."
Forgive me, if I'm nothing but an addicted fool :oops: . . . I'll admit, maybe I'm just too damn old and set in my ways! Help! :omg:

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not saying he is Gen Patton, but he is more respected in the huddle than Cousins. BUT and this is what my crystal ball says, Dak's street cred is going to dry up and it may be this season. What more can Dak say and actually make people believe they have a chance at winning in the postseason? At some point, you actually have to win in the postseason and prove it. What can the coaches say to make the team believe they have a shot in the postseason with Dak? I think Cooper soured on Dak and the Jones boys ran him out of town. I have seen body language from the WR's last year that started to indicate this statement, "Come on man, I am wide open, why the heck are you throwing the ball way over there?" (head shakes, shoulder shrugs)
Totally agree. I was going to say exactly that....a leader has to lead to....somewhere. the goal. The prize. For many reasons, dak hasnt been able to.
If it doesnt change.....how long do the jones' hang on?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Several winning seasons, several division titles, several playoff games (3) and at least 1 playoff victory (should have been 2 had them crooked officials not helped Green Bay during the divisional 2nd round playoff game in Arlington of 2016 season). That's not including numerous franchise seasonal records Dak has broken already barely 5.25 seasons playing for the Cowboys, but according to y'all, he just sucks.
Heres your problem.....i never said he sucks. So you lose your cred when you toss that around so freely. You have to lie to make your case.
You bragging about nfce division titles? 1 playoff win in 5 years? Good lord.