Walking Dead Season 7 **merged**

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Am I the only one bored with Negan already? His act is already old. I cringe when he talks because of the corny **** and I don't believe that he would ever be in power, that act just wouldn't work.

The could have taken out that group of saviors easily. They came to YOUR turf and had never been there so they don't know how many guns and people you have, plus they don't know the layout of the city. Have a sniper take out Negan and that group is lost. Hell Carl was about to kill a few by himself. Or one swing to the head with Lucille. In a believable situation there is no way that they just sit back and take it like they did. Every gun? Come on now. I'm glad Rosita and Carl have balls. Granted they didn't want anyone else to die which would have happened, but damn a life like that isn't a life at all. And what's to stop them from just leaving? (Maybe Daryl's safety). But I just don't believe a group like that would just sit back and take it.

But anyway I really liked the introduction of Negan, but since then it's just not impressive and it's getting old. I really hope he is a problem for only one season. Two seasons of him would drive me insane.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Negan is more than a baseball vat.

You have people saying "I am Negan".... "Negan is everywhere"
Much more than just fear of bat/death/retaliation to loved ones....

And if Negan dies what are they really? Lost idiots with no balls. There isn't a whole big crew that would follow him like that. Granted I'm talking about believability on a zombie show, lol, but I'm just not buying it.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Am I the only one bored with Negan already? His act is already old. I cringe when he talks because of the corny **** and I don't believe that he would ever be in power, that act just wouldn't work.

The could have taken out that group of saviors easily. They came to YOUR turf and had never been there so they don't know how many guns and people you have, plus they don't know the layout of the city. Have a sniper take out Negan and that group is lost. Hell Carl was about to kill a few by himself. Or one swing to the head with Lucille. In a believable situation there is no way that they just sit back and take it like they did. Every gun? Come on now. I'm glad Rosita and Carl have balls. Granted they didn't want anyone else to die which would have happened, but damn a life like that isn't a life at all. And what's to stop them from just leaving? (Maybe Daryl's safety). But I just don't believe a group like that would just sit back and take it.

But anyway I really liked the introduction of Negan, but since then it's just not impressive and it's getting old. I really hope he is a problem for only one season. Two seasons of him would drive me insane.
oh - i love the character to be sure. he's the prototypical bully and that's how he keeps people down. i can't believe people who are obviously so willing to follow that bag of crap wouldn't just as easily be manipulated into following whoever killed him. he's just in ricks head deep right now and rick is the ONLY thing keeping people back and you can tell the rest of the group is pissed and is ready to step up and take action.
as for the sniper rifle, hell, what's up with michonne and guns? she always been that bad a shot?
ready for the knight who wear BMX to come out and play. when those groups meet and maggie regroups w/hilltop - negan will be surrounded pretty much.
but to answer your question - yea. he's bad *** for a few but in time you find he's just very 1 dimensional. the gov at least had depth.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Negan is proving to be one dimensional, boring and over the topic cartoonish IMO...but then I think...well he is from a cartoon so what should I expect. I guess since the other characters from the past were a little more interesting I figured he might be...but no...he just seems like an over the top turd who takes every chance he can to rub things in even if it will eventually cost him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Negan is proving to be one dimensional, boring and over the topic cartoonish IMO...but then I think...well he is from a cartoon so what should I expect. I guess since the other characters from the past were a little more interesting I figured he might be...but no...he just seems like an over the top turd who takes every chance he can to rub things in even if it will eventually cost him.

Well said.

Negan in the graphic novel comes off as much more intimidating.

The TV version... Well he ought to carry a soap-box as opposed to a baseball bat just because of his propensity to launch into these long and boring monologues.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well said.

The TV version... Well he ought to carry a soap-box as opposed to a baseball bat just because of his propensity to launch into these long and boring monologues.

Then he does that kind of lean his shoulders back type of thing and it is just irritating.

When it was announced that Morgan would be Negan I thought it was a good thing.

Right now I don't know if it is the writing, Morgans portrayal of him or a combination of both but whatever it is...it is not working IMO.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh and one stupid question on my part as I was still celebrating the win.

At the end of the episode or towards the end...what was burning/smoking on the side of the road/rails. I think Rosita saw it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

At the end of the episode or towards the end...what was burning/smoking on the side of the road/rails. I think Rosita saw it.

That was Michonne...

The Saviors took all the mattresses and box-springs from the Alexandrians, piled them up and burned them.

Obviously they didn't need them themselves but they're going to make darn sure the Alexandrians don't have'em.

I thought Michonne and Rosita were the only decent characters in the entire episode.

I think the writers are following the graphic novel version of Negan too literally.

In the graphic novel you could let your imagination fill in the blanks on how evil the guy is. On TV they're trying to ram it down our throats through endless and repetitive monologue so it comes off as cartoony.

Also (as one person pointed out) in the graphic novel the cartoonist could draw Negan so that he appeared much larger than everyone else... That doesn't work on TV. And we're left with a 150lb, 50 year-old who looks like he should be sitting on a bar stool.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was Michonne...

The Saviors took all the mattresses and box-springs from the Alexandrians, piled them up and burned them.

Obviously they didn't need them themselves but they're going to make darn sure the Alexandrians don't have'em.

I thought Michonne and Rosita were the only decent characters in the entire episode.

I think the writers are following the graphic novel version of Negan too literally.

In the graphic novel you could let your imagination fill in the blanks on how evil the guy is. On TV they're trying to ram it down our throats through endless and repetitive monologue so it comes off as cartoony.

Also (as one person pointed out) in the graphic novel the cartoonist could draw Negan so that he appeared much larger than everyone else... That doesn't work on TV. And we're left with a 150lb, 50 year-old who looks like he should be sitting on a bar stool.

Mattresses...good grief I should have figured that out.
Makes sense now.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
And if Negan dies what are they really? Lost idiots with no balls. There isn't a whole big crew that would follow him like that. Granted I'm talking about believability on a zombie show, lol, but I'm just not buying it.

I'm inclined to agree with you guys. Negan, in what 2 1/4 episodes is stale and boring....

But make no mistake. He has his cult following and it's not a few people.
This is no different than evil world leaders from our past. People are followers.

Based on season 6 finale he has how Many? I don't know the numbers but I'm guessing over 100

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm inclined to agree with you guys. Negan, in what 2 1/4 episodes is stale and boring....

But make no mistake. He has his cult following and it's not a few people.
This is no different than evil world leaders from our past. People are followers.

Based on season 6 finale he has how Many? I don't know the numbers but I'm guessing over 100

He reminds me of DT.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

I find it very interesting to see that there are people who absolutely don't like what he's doing with Negan. I like that not everyone loves it. That's great, IMO.

Personally I love his character and I love the way he's portraying it. I feel like he's bringing the character out perfectly from the way it's written in the comics. But I agree with you whole heartedly on how this is so unbelievable with how he'd make this work. I've argued with my son on this point to no end about how I just don't understand how Rick's people allow this to continue. The first encounter? Sure. I get that. He had them surrounded. They had no chance to fight back. He wins round one, no problem.

But last night when they arrive? Why the hell would you let them in? You had that RPG, blow up their entire group with one shot and take out the rest with your guns. As I was telling my son last night you absolutely can not let him inside the walls because if you do he's going to do exactly what he did. Now he's unarmed them. Now he's taken their defense away and made them pretty much dependent upon him and his Saviors. In a real situation I believe that the people in that community, behind the walls, would have simply fought and not allowed him.

Maybe that's just me.

As for why people would follow him? I actually totally believe that because there are always very weak minded people who will follow anyone who shows any sort of power or ability to lead. I'm not surprised that he's found the weak minded to follow him and it's really portrayed perfectly in how he tortures people in order to break their will and break them into giving in him.

I think the perfect example of how he views people is when he told Rick last night "Now I would NOT have messed with that guy" when he's talking about Rick's video with Deanna. Negan is smart and picks people to mess with that he knows, or believes he knows, he can manipulate into following and doing what he wants.

I actually agree with you here as well. I've said this many times as well. Kill Negan and you kill the threat. The rest are too weak minded, and stupid, to lead any kind of assault against a united group and truth be told they'd simply fracture into many broken groups and everyone fought to take claim of the leadership role. They'd be useless and not a threat at all without Negan to guide them.

Well said.

Two things here for me.

1) I agree he comes off as more imposingly intimidating because he's drawn to be a bigger character than he is being portrayed as in the show. He's definitely a bigger guy, much more muscular then Rick, in the comic.

2) You realize his lines and things he's saying are just about word for word taken right from the graphic novel right? A huge portion of last nights episode was basically right out of the graphic novel so I'm not sure how the character is really any different in that regard from the written form to the TV form.

Then he does that kind of lean his shoulders back type of thing and it is just irritating.

When it was announced that Morgan would be Negan I thought it was a good thing.

Right now I don't know if it is the writing, Morgans portrayal of him or a combination of both but whatever it is...it is not working IMO.

Couldn't possibly disagree more at all. He's playing the character to perfection, IMO, based off of the way the graphic novel portrays his attitude, sarcasm, and just over all showmanship that Negan always has whenever he's in the graphic novel.

Morgan has absolutely captured it to perfection, IMO.

I think someone might have already answered but it was the mattresses from Alexandria.

Obviously showing them that they don't need anything that they're taking they're just taking it to prove that they can.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two things here for me.

1) I agree he comes off as more imposingly intimidating because he's drawn to be a bigger character than he is being portrayed as in the show. He's definitely a bigger guy, much more muscular then Rick, in the comic.

2) You realize his lines and things he's saying are just about word for word taken right from the graphic novel right? A huge portion of last nights episode was basically right out of the graphic novel so I'm not sure how the character is really any different in that regard from the written form to the TV form.

Oh yes, I know the lines are directly from the graphic novel.

I think it's a case of it working in one medium and not working in another.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I've missed the last 2 episodes, and I really don't care. The show has run its course. I'm sure after this season they'll find some other community to fued with, another main character will die to keep ratings up, and then repeat for another 5 seasons.

Lodeus

Reaction score
I've missed the last 2 episodes, and I really don't care. The show has run its course. I'm sure after this season they'll find some other community to fued with, another main character will die to keep ratings up, and then repeat for another 5 seasons.
Negan and the saviors will probably be around for a while. They're not your average community of villains either.

Stryker44

Reaction score

No way will his character go on beyond the midseason finale, at worst the season finale.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Negan and the saviors will probably be around for a while. They're not your average community of villains either.

True.

Even if you didn't read the graphic novel you would know that rebellion is occurring at some point...

Most likely we start to see some of that towards the end of the season.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing we haven't talked about is the ever slight Rick defiance– When Negan was clubbing the zombie with the table-leg, we caught the brief glimpses of Rick tightening his grip on "Lucille".

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I find it very interesting to see that there are people who absolutely don't like what he's doing with Negan. I like that not everyone loves it. That's great, IMO.

Personally I love his character and I love the way he's portraying it. I feel like he's bringing the character out perfectly from the way it's written in the comics. But I agree with you whole heartedly on how this is so unbelievable with how he'd make this work. I've argued with my son on this point to no end about how I just don't understand how Rick's people allow this to continue. The first encounter? Sure. I get that. He had them surrounded. They had no chance to fight back. He wins round one, no problem.

But last night when they arrive? Why the hell would you let them in? You had that RPG, blow up their entire group with one shot and take out the rest with your guns. As I was telling my son last night you absolutely can not let him inside the walls because if you do he's going to do exactly what he did. Now he's unarmed them. Now he's taken their defense away and made them pretty much dependent upon him and his Saviors. In a real situation I believe that the people in that community, behind the walls, would have simply fought and not allowed him.

Maybe that's just me.

As for why people would follow him? I actually totally believe that because there are always very weak minded people who will follow anyone who shows any sort of power or ability to lead. I'm not surprised that he's found the weak minded to follow him and it's really portrayed perfectly in how he tortures people in order to break their will and break them into giving in him.

I think the perfect example of how he views people is when he told Rick last night "Now I would NOT have messed with that guy" when he's talking about Rick's video with Deanna. Negan is smart and picks people to mess with that he knows, or believes he knows, he can manipulate into following and doing what he wants.

I actually agree with you here as well. I've said this many times as well. Kill Negan and you kill the threat. The rest are too weak minded, and stupid, to lead any kind of assault against a united group and truth be told they'd simply fracture into many broken groups and everyone fought to take claim of the leadership role. They'd be useless and not a threat at all without Negan to guide them.

Two things here for me.

Couldn't possibly disagree more at all. He's playing the character to perfection, IMO, based off of the way the graphic novel portrays his attitude, sarcasm, and just over all showmanship that Negan always has whenever he's in the graphic novel.

Morgan has absolutely captured it to perfection, IMO.

I think someone might have already answered but it was the mattresses from Alexandria.

Obviously showing them that they don't need anything that they're taking they're just taking it to prove that they can.

I am not sure what part of everyone saying, "I am Negan"... "Negan is everywhere" you don't get?

He probably has it in play that if anything happens to him then they kill all the ones you love... right in front of you. Let you live with that.

I am surprised at you guys.