Walking Dead Season 7 **merged**

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Thats all I could think about during the scene where Negan gives the backstory on how he broke Dwight.......I just thought, if he only had somethin sharp he could slice Negan's throat easily........
Yeah and at that moment when he was insulting Dwight and talking about Dwights wife, Dwight might have actually helped Daryl lol

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally I think the TV-Governor did a much better job at controlling his folks. Certainly more "worldly" than what Negan is.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Negan relies on one thing... Violence.

The Governor would combine smooth talking with the "warm & comfortable" Woodbury to keep folks in line... He turned violent when things went against him, but he was much more congenial with Woodbury folks than what Negan is with the Saviors.

Negan knows one thing– Violence.

The Governor's character was more well rounded.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Negan relies on one thing... Violence.

The Governor would combine smooth talking with the "warm & comfortable" Woodbury to keep folks in line... He turned violent when things went against him, but he was much more congenial with Woodbury folks than what Negan is with the Saviors.

Negan knows one thing– Violence.

The Governor's character was more well rounded.

Negan is more than violence.

Psychologically he is doing a doctor Phil on them.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
There is a whole country of land all these people could move to. I just wouldn't believe all these communities would take all that **** from Negan. Just leave the area and you are done with it.

And yeah I think somebody from the inside or one of his honchos would have had enough and snapped and killed him by now. No one can be that ruthless and rule like that in a lawless society.

Granted this wouldn't make for good TV so I don't mind. Just my opinion.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a whole country of land all these people could move to. I just wouldn't believe all these communities would take all that **** from Negan. Just leave the area and you are done with it.

And yeah I think somebody from the inside or one of his honchos would have had enough and snapped and killed him by now. No one can be that ruthless and rule like that in a lawless society.

Granted this wouldn't make for good TV so I don't mind. Just my opinion.

All valid points and yeah it makes for good TV but it's not that realistic IMO... If you can picture a zombie apocalypse being realistic!

You would think at some point questions like this would pop up...

-Are we absolutely sure there's no real government anywhere? Our group has only covered a relatively small area of geography.
-If we head to a colder climate will the undead freeze or at least be rendered far less mobile?
-If we head to a more mountainous area will it (like the cold) make it more difficult for the undead to traverse the area?

Also at some point the bodies would simply degrade to the point of becoming immobile. In the graphic novel there are references to this, i.e. our survivors noting the physical changes of the zombies and their continued degradation. So far we haven't had any of that in the TV show.

Angus12

Reaction score
Also at some point the bodies would simply degrade to the point of becoming immobile. In the graphic novel there are references to this, i.e. our survivors noting the physical changes of the zombies and their continued degradation. So far we haven't had any of that in the TV show.
Not true. If you look at the walkers over the seasons, they have way more decay to them than in earlier seasons. Also, they have discussed this a few different times on Talking Dead.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not true. If you look at the walkers over the seasons, they have way more decay to them than in earlier seasons. Also, they have discussed this a few different times on Talking Dead.

Yes the zombies have degraded over time, but there hasn't been any discussion about it amongst the characters on the show.

What they discuss on the "talk show" doesn't pertain.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
They should head to the Florida keys. It would be easy to clear out small islands and isolate themselves or goto an ocean oil rig. But that's straying from the novels too much.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
All valid points and yeah it makes for good TV but it's not that realistic IMO... If you can picture a zombie apocalypse being realistic!

You would think at some point questions like this would pop up...

-Are we absolutely sure there's no real government anywhere? Our group has only covered a relatively small area of geography.
-If we head to a colder climate will the undead freeze or at least be rendered far less mobile?
-If we head to a more mountainous area will it (like the cold) make it more difficult for the undead to traverse the area?

I can't remember this answer.

Do the previously dead in their graves rise up and become walkers?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't remember this answer.

Do the previously dead in their graves rise up and become walkers?

No...

It as if everyone before a certain time/date died– they stayed dead.

After that certain time/date they became mobile (or somewhat mobile) after death.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
No...

It as if everyone before a certain time/date died– they stayed dead.

After that certain time/date they became mobile (or somewhat mobile) after death.

Yes.. yes... so anyone recently (after walking Dead timeline starts) buried could rise.
They should do a tribute episode to night of the living dead that way... or do the episode as NOT a tribute episode anyway...

I know ... I know.... they hate each other lol

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes.. yes... so anyone recently (after walking Dead timeline starts) buried could rise.
They should do a tribute episode to night of the living dead that way... or do the episode as NOT a tribute episode anyway...

I know ... I know.... they hate each other lol

Yeah George Romero doesn't care for the TV show. He considers it nothing more than a "soap opera" with zombies as bit characters.

Where George likes to focus more on the social aspects (and making fun of society in general) and the undead. I don't think George's vision would support a weekly TV show, but whatever.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
They should head to the Florida keys. It would be easy to clear out small islands and isolate themselves or goto an ocean oil rig. But that's straying from the novels too much.

I've always liked the islands theory. Just clear out the island and you don't have that threat anymore. The Bahamas or Cuba could be possible sailing destinations. Work to kill off any zombies and you are good to go.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Also I recommend Z-Nation to anyone who just likes zombie stuff. Silly tv show and the tv show knows that they are ridiculous, but they try to tackle certain zombie questions or ideas at times.