Walking Dead Season 7 **merged**

Lodeus

Reaction score
Even if you didn't read the graphic novel you would know that rebellion is occurring at some point...
With no guns I'm thinking "All Out War" will start by the end of the second half of the season. Hoping so anyways.

Edit: At least well on working its way there

Leadbelly

Reaction score
These episodes must be saving the show tons of money. There's half as many scenes to shoot due to JDM's slow as hell drawn out delivery. If there are many more episodes like this one it's going to be a long season.

Negan went from charismatic and compelling to so boring in the span of two episodes. A little Negan goes a long way and too much is a pace killer.

I don't understand how Rick is opposed to hiding guns but then hiding Maggie at Hilltop is a-okay. That seems a tad shortsighted.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't get it...last night's episode was great. As has these past two seasons. Sure there are some down times and a couple seasons were a little slow, but not now. We are heading towards big things and I can't wait!

Maybe it's the "cool" thing to be done with TWD, but I'm far from it.

As Zeke (or Ryback for all you WWE fans) would say....FEED ME MORE.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Yeah George Romero doesn't care for the TV show. He considers it nothing more than a "soap opera" with zombies as bit characters.

Where George likes to focus more on the social aspects (and making fun of society in general) and the undead. I don't think George's vision would support a weekly TV show, but whatever.

Based on how downhill is last two "Dead" movies have gone, one could argue that Romero's vision may not be supported by many people, period. Visionary to be sure, but Diary of the Dead was a so-so movie trying to capitalize on the found footage craze and Survival of the Dead was really bad period. Just my opinion of course.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Personally, I think they have overdone it so far with Negan. On the other hand, I have felt the show always ends up with a good payoff for suffering through episodes like this, so I guess this is one of those times I'll roll my eyes a little and wait.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on how downhill is last two "Dead" movies have gone, one could argue that Romero's vision may not be supported by many people, period. Visionary to be sure, but Diary of the Dead was a so-so movie trying to capitalize on the found footage craze and Survival of the Dead was really bad period. Just my opinion of course.

Oh I agree. "Diary" wasn't bad IMO. "Survival" was stupid.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
These episodes must be saving the show tons of money. There's half as many scenes to shoot due to JDM's slow as hell drawn out delivery. If there are many more episodes like this one it's going to be a long season.

Negan went from charismatic and compelling to so boring in the span of two episodes. A little Negan goes a long way and too much is a pace killer.

I don't understand how Rick is opposed to hiding guns but then hiding Maggie at Hilltop is a-okay. That seems a tad shortsighted.

I agree on the short sighted. It didn't make a lot of sense to me. He already knows that the Saviors go to the Hilltop as well so what does he think Negan is going to do when he finds out Rick lied about her being dead? It's not like Gregory (The leader at the Hilltop) wouldn't sell her out in a heartbeat.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I am not sure what part of everyone saying, "I am Negan"... "Negan is everywhere" you don't get?

He probably has it in play that if anything happens to him then they kill all the ones you love... right in front of you. Let you live with that.

I am surprised at you guys.

I get that, in theory.

But I'm betting in practical application that they would in fact not get the job done. They wouldn't have a clue what to do and their group would essentially be fractured by the fact that the guy keeping them in line would no longer be there doing so.

I'd take my chances with a group of unorganized morons over a group that has someone in complete control to lead them.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
One thing we haven't talked about is the ever slight Rick defiance– When Negan was clubbing the zombie with the table-leg, we caught the brief glimpses of Rick tightening his grip on "Lucille".

It's those moments that just let you know that there will be a real defiance by Rick against Negan at some point. He's not the completely beaten, and defeated, person that Negan and even Rick's own people think that he is at this point.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've missed the last 2 episodes, and I really don't care. The show has run its course. I'm sure after this season they'll find some other community to fued with, another main character will die to keep ratings up, and then repeat for another 5 seasons.

The next real threat they face isn't a community in the sense of what you've seen thus far. It's a way different group of people and way different type of threat and enemy.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I get that, in theory.

But I'm betting in practical application that they would in fact not get the job done. They wouldn't have a clue what to do and their group would essentially be fractured by the fact that the guy keeping them in line would no longer be there doing so.

I'd take my chances with a group of unorganized morons over a group that has someone in complete control to lead them.

If there isn't some multi deep level of retaliation scenarios. Then I'll be disappointed with Negan... and more importantly with.... Rick.... making the dude who hid the gun "not in the wrong"

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
If nothing else Negan has stirred very good discussion, and interesting thoughts.

I'm enjoying everybody's take. Keep it up.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I am simply aghast at how much language they have gotten by the censors. Unreal. Not a fan of it, but I get it. I've read the graphic novels and at LEAST they haven't allowed the f-bomb, which was every other word out of Negan's mouth in the print media...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
My guess is we don't see the next group until the end of season 8.

I'm thinking the same. Depending on how far they take the All Out War storyline out and how long they deal with the two year time skip afterwards before they even get to that point. I could see them introducing the next group in the midseason finale next year with that iconic moment from the comics.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I am simply aghast at how much language they have gotten by the censors. Unreal. Not a fan of it, but I get it. I've read the graphic novels and at LEAST they haven't allowed the f-bomb, which was every other word out of Negan's mouth in the print media...

I am very surprised they've gotten away with as much as they have as well. I actually was shocked that they allowed him the line there at the end of the episode when he was leaving. I really didn't think he'd be allowed to have that line on TV.