Walking Dead Season 7 **merged**

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was kind of a sleepwalk episode for me.

So we're going to get some quality Negan/Carl time next week.

Stryker44

Reaction score
The guy that plays Gregory does a great job being a scumbag.

Does it bother you that they make him so weak, such a pussified man when Maggie and Sasha are portrayed as more competent.

The kneeling was pathetic, a real man would not do that.

maxdogg

Reaction score
Does it bother you that they make him so weak, such a pussified man when Maggie and Sasha are portrayed as more competent.

I think that is the way he is in the comics but i'm not sure. But yeah he is a total ***.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well, a real man would if it were for the betterment of the people he was leading. Though I'm not sure that was Gregory's motivation right at that point, if that's what you're suggesting. He is a great scumbag. Gonna be fun seeing him meet his fate here.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Pretty crafty. I saw the wall print, thought it was very strange and wasn't there before. Seemed like an obvious clue but I never bothered to watch for it.

Though, how hard is it to find them really? Apparently there are only five roads in this former VA suburb of Washington DC. No wonder traffic there is among the worst in the country. ;)

If a friend of mine started blinking weirdly to me, pretty sure I wouldn't have caught on. It wouldn't have even dawned on me. I would have asked if his eyes were okay and then Negan would have killed him.

Maybe it's something they practiced. Just we didn't see it because it wasn't shown.
Seems very much so that a cop would want a nonverbal communicae in case of emergency.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just watched it again.

Daryl definitely communicated with Rick.

He goes from totally still and not blinking to nodding his head and blinking and nodding.
Rick acknowledges.

Then Negan says, you don't talk to him ,.. you don't look at him.

1. Morse code board
2. Daryl nod and blink
3. Rick acknowledging
4. Negan don't look at him

That's enough for me.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
The guy that plays Gregory does a great job being a scumbag.

lol he's made a nice career out of scumbaggery. Scumbag on 24. Scumbag on Jericho. Nikita. Salem. Justified. Even when he just does voice work for cartoons, it's the scumbag.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
I liked this one. Small scope but good to focus on a few characters and how they're dealing.

In past shows, I've had complaints about characters getting over deaths quickly. The weight and trauma of what happened with Negan is justifiably hanging large on some of them. Glenn's death feels meaningful (maybe less so Abraham's). It's going to drive characters toward something whereas previous deaths often resulted in just having to be satisfied with escape. Despite the criticisms over the cliffhanger last season, I think showing the death at the beginning of the season plays some part in this feeling.

Time wise, it feels like this episode should have aired before the previous episode. Last episode felt like Team Grimes had been back in Alexandria for at least a week, but this one felt like only a couple days might have passed.

I like that actor who plays Simon, Steven Ogg. He's in Westworld for a bit too. He's like the weird love child of Billy Bob Thornton and Walton Goggins.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

And "real man" would get himself and his people killed in this situation.

But, hey, he'd have all that great bravery and bravado to take into the afterlife. Too bad it would only cost others their lives as well so he could feel more like a real man.

I think that is the way he is in the comics but i'm not sure. But yeah he is a total ***.

Yep this is how he is in the comic. He's a true 100% scumbag.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
My thoughts on the episode itself (I meant to do this earlier and go side tracked):

Pretty slow episode with not a whole lot going on other than to show that Gregory is slime and that Carl and Jesus are going to the Savior Compound.

That part is two fold for me so let me speak on each part individually. As a comic book fan people who hate my comic spoilers might want to avoid this particular post (Although I'm not going to really give much away here, simply discuss the differences here and what I like and don't like).

Let me start with Jesus first. I like that he's going to the Sanctuary to find it...I don't like the why he's going. I don't like that it's Sasha's idea for him to do it. This is different from the comic in what I consider a major way. In the comic it's Rick who asks him to do it as part of his secret plan against Negan. In the comic you see that Jesus is the first person Rick tells that he's got a plan at all. It leads to Jesus getting to the compound in a very different, but better, way IMO. It also allows for a nice showdown between Rick and Negan that I am guessing will not be part of the show now and if that turns out to be the case will be a very sad deal to me cause it's a great moment between them in the comic, IMO.

Now on to Carl....I'm thrilled that they have Carl going as they did in the comic. This leads to some great stuff with him and Negan that I'm looking forward to. They went about how he's getting there in only a slightly different way but that doesn't bother me in the least. I don't mind that. I am really looking forward to the whole thing with him and Negan when he arrives there. It's going to be pretty good, I believe.

Now my biggest concern with how they've done this and with Darryl being there....that's a lot of Rick's people in the place at one time. I am sure they will wind up not even knowing Jesus was ever there, as they didn't actually have him in the Sanctuary in the comic (I won't go into detail about how he got there or anything) so I'm guessing that he'll be long gone before the truck, and Carl, enter the compound. But that leaves us with Carl being there and Darryl there as a captive.

This is going to lead to the encounter with Negan being even more interesting because of the fact that he has Dixon there and he can always punish him for what Carl does, or attempts to do. He could simply allow Dixon to go back with Carl to Alexandria because of the respect Negan will have for Carl having the balls to attempt something.

There is a lot of things that could happen with this due to what Carl is about to do and one of them is that it could get Dixon killed for what Carl does. I'd say that is a pretty long shot they'd go that direction but it's always possible. I'm very interested to see what happens there but I know we won't see that for at least two weeks. It's pretty obvious next week's episode is the dreaded Heath and Tara episode where we find out what they've been doing for these two weeks (While out on their run) and the fact that they're completely oblivious that any of this has even happened. Next weeks episode will be pretty boring, I'm guessing, before we see the one where Carl arrives at the Compound. That will be a very interesting episode that should set up a great midseason finale, which I believe will end with the big reveal that Rick is working on a plan to defeat Negan, that he's been working on all along.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My thoughts on the episode itself (I meant to do this earlier and go side tracked):

Pretty slow episode with not a whole lot going on other than to show that Gregory is slime and that Carl and Jesus are going to the Savior Compound.

That part is two fold for me so let me speak on each part individually. As a comic book fan people who hate my comic spoilers might want to avoid this particular post (Although I'm not going to really give much away here, simply discuss the differences here and what I like and don't like).

Let me start with Jesus first. I like that he's going to the Sanctuary to find it...I don't like the why he's going. I don't like that it's Sasha's idea for him to do it. This is different from the comic in what I consider a major way. In the comic it's Rick who asks him to do it as part of his secret plan against Negan. In the comic you see that Jesus is the first person Rick tells that he's got a plan at all. It leads to Jesus getting to the compound in a very different, but better, way IMO. It also allows for a nice showdown between Rick and Negan that I am guessing will not be part of the show now and if that turns out to be the case will be a very sad deal to me cause it's a great moment between them in the comic, IMO.

Now on to Carl....I'm thrilled that they have Carl going as they did in the comic. This leads to some great stuff with him and Negan that I'm looking forward to. They went about how he's getting there in only a slightly different way but that doesn't bother me in the least. I don't mind that. I am really looking forward to the whole thing with him and Negan when he arrives there. It's going to be pretty good, I believe.

Now my biggest concern with how they've done this and with Darryl being there....that's a lot of Rick's people in the place at one time. I am sure they will wind up not even knowing Jesus was ever there, as they didn't actually have him in the Sanctuary in the comic (I won't go into detail about how he got there or anything) so I'm guessing that he'll be long gone before the truck, and Carl, enter the compound. But that leaves us with Carl being there and Darryl there as a captive.

This is going to lead to the encounter with Negan being even more interesting because of the fact that he has Dixon there and he can always punish him for what Carl does, or attempts to do. He could simply allow Dixon to go back with Carl to Alexandria because of the respect Negan will have for Carl having the balls to attempt something.

There is a lot of things that could happen with this due to what Carl is about to do and one of them is that it could get Dixon killed for what Carl does. I'd say that is a pretty long shot they'd go that direction but it's always possible. I'm very interested to see what happens there but I know we won't see that for at least two weeks. It's pretty obvious next week's episode is the dreaded Heath and Tara episode where we find out what they've been doing for these two weeks (While out on their run) and the fact that they're completely oblivious that any of this has even happened. Next weeks episode will be pretty boring, I'm guessing, before we see the one where Carl arrives at the Compound. That will be a very interesting episode that should set up a great midseason finale, which I believe will end with the big reveal that Rick is working on a plan to defeat Negan, that he's been working on all along.

Good post.

I hope the TV version of Negan & Carl's situation follows the graphic novel because I thought the graphic novel version was one of the best things to appear.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Good post.

I hope the TV version of Negan & Carl's situation follows the graphic novel because I thought the graphic novel version was one of the best things to appear.

Absolutely. It was awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing how they play it out.

Dodger12

Reaction score
'Walking Dead' ratings lowest they've ever been"
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/11/23/walking-dead-ratings-lowest-theyve-ever-been.html

"Season 7 of "The Walking Dead" blew the end of October open with the second-biggest audience that has ever tuned into the show for a Sunday night airing. Yet, less than a month later, the zombie drama just brought in its lowest ratings since its third season. This is all a little more serious than something that can be simply dismissed as an unfortunate fluke, as the show faces the most noteworthy ratings drop of its entire cable run.......

It's perhaps a sign that audiences aren't as happy with Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan as readers were with the comic series' villain, or that they're growing weary of how the growing number of supporting characters is limiting the time spent with the leads.......

At no other point during "The Walking Dead's" run has it faced a downfall in viewers for four consecutive episodes, and we're still not sure if this is going to be the end of it, since there are still three more episodes left before winter break."

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
'Walking Dead' ratings lowest they've ever been"
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/11/23/walking-dead-ratings-lowest-theyve-ever-been.html

"Season 7 of "The Walking Dead" blew the end of October open with the second-biggest audience that has ever tuned into the show for a Sunday night airing. Yet, less than a month later, the zombie drama just brought in its lowest ratings since its third season. This is all a little more serious than something that can be simply dismissed as an unfortunate fluke, as the show faces the most noteworthy ratings drop of its entire cable run.......

It's perhaps a sign that audiences aren't as happy with Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan as readers were with the comic series' villain, or that they're growing weary of how the growing number of supporting characters is limiting the time spent with the leads.......

At no other point during "The Walking Dead's" run has it faced a downfall in viewers for four consecutive episodes, and we're still not sure if this is going to be the end of it, since there are still three more episodes left before winter break."

Not surprised.

I'm sure there are several reasons for it...

-The killing off of fan-favorite Glenn (and to a lesser extent Abraham). At a time when there are so many characters to keep track of– most of whom you know little or nothing about you care less when they're killed but when you kill off two that have been fleshed out, well that probably knocked out some viewers that no longer felt connected to the show.
-Then you have the whole grotesque beat-down sequence which no doubt turned off many viewers. It's one thing to kill off Glenn, but it's another do to it in a way that many felt disrespected the character.
-The various "bottle" episodes since then could have been condensed into a couple episodes with no loss of story. I'm sure folks that lived for the action in the first episode have been bored to tears at times since then. Sunday night's episode focuses almost entirely on Tara... Really? It's like spending regular game money to see an exhibition game.
-Negan has come off more cartoon than anything. His mannerisms come off fine in the graphic novel, but on TV it's repetitive and boorish. You look at him and you wonder "why would anyone let him get away with that"?

Finally I think between this show and "Fear the Walking Dead" and to a lesser extent "Z nation" there's too much zombie TV and folks are losing interest in the genre.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Not surprised.

I'm sure there are several reasons for it...

-The killing off of fan-favorite Glenn (and to a lesser extent Abraham). At a time when there are so many characters to keep track of– most of whom you know little or nothing about you care less when they're killed but when you kill off two that have been fleshed out, well that probably knocked out some viewers that no longer felt connected to the show.
-Then you have the whole grotesque beat-down sequence which no doubt turned off many viewers. It's one thing to kill off Glenn, but it's another do to it in a way that many felt disrespected the character.
-The various "bottle" episodes since then could have been condensed into a couple episodes with no loss of story. I'm sure folks that lived for the action in the first episode have been bored to tears at times since then. Sunday night's episode focuses almost entirely on Tara... Really? It's like spending regular game money to see an exhibition game.
-Negan has come off more cartoon than anything. His mannerisms come off fine in the graphic novel, but on TV it's repetitive and boorish. You look at him and you wonder "why would anyone let him get away with that"?

Finally I think between this show and "Fear the Walking Dead" and to a lesser extent "Z nation" there's too much zombie TV and folks are losing interest in the genre.

Good points. I'm just bored with all the fluff and watching characters I could care less about. I can see doing it for an episode or two to bridge some gap in the story line. But week after week? It's a turn off.

And killing off Glenn and Abraham was too much but I guess it adds to the tension between Rick and Negan but it's too slow a build to retribution. I watch because I'm a loyal viewer but I usually forget it's even on and just watch it later in the week.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not surprised but at the same time I'm really worried about what they'd do, rushing things, worrying about the ratings. They have some great stuff coming up through out this arc and now I'm worried they'll rush it or screw it up in some ploy to fix the ratings.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I'm not surprised but at the same time I'm really worried about what they'd do, rushing things, worrying about the ratings. They have some great stuff coming up through out this arc and now I'm worried they'll rush it or screw it up in some ploy to fix the ratings.

They are segmenting the heck out of it.

Carol and Morgan episode.
Maggie episode.
Rick and Negan episode.

Sprinkled Daryl.

It should be in same weeks episode.