Walking Dead Season 7 **merged**

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, tonight's episode was about as bad as I figured it to be.

Focusing an entire episode on Tara– not a great idea. But I guess the folks behind the show had to do something to milk the whole Nega/Savior thing for the entire season.

Couple interesting points...

When Tara was watching the folks mill about the village... It instantly struck me as being just like James Franciscus watching ape-village in "Beneath the Planet of the Apes".

For Tara not having anything to eat other than soy-sauce packets, she's certainly packing on the poundage.

That was one hell of a lotta zombies in that one pile of sand.

The one high-point for me was Tara giving Rachel the finger.

maxdogg

Reaction score
I agree Mike It was a filler episode. I don't get why they push these.
Also was that community in the comic?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Focusing an entire episode on Tara– not a great idea. But I guess the folks behind the show had to do something to milk the whole Nega/Savior thing for the entire season.

When Tara was watching the folks mill about the village... It instantly struck me as being just like James Franciscus watching ape-village in "Beneath the Planet of the Apes".

For Tara not having anything to eat other than soy-sauce packets, she's certainly packing on the poundage.

After all this time, there shouldn't be any chubby people in a ZA world

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

and of course now she'll go back and has a new girlfriend at the "other" place. only they want to kill her, again, (this would be what, the 5th time they've tried?) and i will totally agree - wasted show and the "i got a new girl now" reference could have been done as a side story line - but she does have the body of someone NOT in a starvation mode.

and how in the hell do you just happen to have a "sand truck" sitting there waiting to dump all over a ton of zombies that physically do not fit?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and of course now she'll go back and has a new girlfriend at the "other" place. only they want to kill her, again, (this would be what, the 5th time they've tried?) and i will totally agree - wasted show and the "i got a new girl now" reference could have been done as a side story line - but she does have the body of someone NOT in a starvation mode.

and how in the hell do you just happen to have a "sand truck" sitting there waiting to dump all over a ton of zombies that physically do not fit?

That sand truck was something else...

I get that the actress playing Tara had recently given birth so she had a lot of post-pregnancy body weight– but still the situation was funny because in the show Tara ain't post-pregnant.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
That sand truck was something else...

I get that the actress playing Tara had recently given birth so she had a lot of post-pregnancy body weight– but still the situation was funny because in the show Tara ain't post-pregnant.
nah - she's just got some thunder thighs and a baby face. when i saw her walk away i was like "just look at that butt"

It is so big, she looks like One of those rap guys' girlfriends.But, ya know, who understands those rap guys?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nah - she's just got some thunder thighs and a baby face. when i saw her walk away i was like "just look at that butt"

It is so big, she looks like One of those rap guys' girlfriends.But, ya know, who understands those rap guys?

LOL!

The other thing was this group of ladies/girls who have all these weapons and kill whomever crosses their path– Yet they can't hit the broad side of a barn.

So now we've got another group of characters to keep track of.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LOL!

The other thing was this group of ladies/girls who have all these weapons and kill whomever crosses their path– Yet they can't hit the broad side of a barn.

and the fact they can't shoot for **** and when she saw the weapons cache and ladies were coming out fully armed, none of them looked like they knew how to hold a gun, much less fire it. there's simply no way in hell they have ammo at this point. :)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Good points here. I agree with them all. This episode was completely useless filler. It can't, and won't, lead to anything. I absolutely believe these people were introduced for a true one off episode. I have a feeling that we won't see them again, unless it's because Tara eventually tells Rick that's where he can get guns. If that's the case they're only doing so because Rick and his people will have to take the guns by force.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised, in the least, if the woman's group simply up and moved somewhere else now that they're worried about someone knowing where they're at and knowing that someone has dealt with The Saviors before.

I agree Mike It was a filler episode. I don't get why they push these.
Also was that community in the comic?

No. It was not. This was added strictly for the TV show. It also sort of flies in the face of The Saviors and I'll get to more on that in a minute.

LOL!

Excellent point. How can they have all these guns and suck so bad with them? This brings me to some other points from them having those weapons and their story. It's going to be a bit of a long response, I apologize in advance, but these are questions this has posed for me.

1) Do I even believe that The Saviors killed all their men? Right out of the gate, knowing the mentality of Negan and how he runs The Saviors I do not believe this for one moment. There are only two possible ways in which that works...A) In the beginning Negan had them kill all the men? No. Not part of his deal or his plans. So I don't believe that in the least. B) An outpost of his did that on their own, and didn't tell them they did that, because they were using the women for themselves. Which, obviously, I believe this is some what the hinted at action they're going for with this group last night is that a group of The Saviors killed all their men and were basically raping them and using them for their own gain before they got away.

Now the biggest reason I don't believe that is that would completely fly in the face of the Negan character and his authority. He detests rape. He will not stand for it. It's why he makes a point (even with Dwight a couple of episodes ago) that the guys can have the women they want, as long as the women say yes. He will not stand for rape. So I don't believe, at all, that a group led by him would have killed the men and then did things of this nature. (I'm assuming this is the idea that they want people to believe, not that it was actually stated last night).

The second part of that, a group of his Saviors doing it on their own and he doesn't know, would also fly in the face of Negan's whole "I'm everywhere". To this point we've seen these people are loyal to him and they're always paranoid that someone might tell him if they're doing anything they're not supposed to. So I doubt you would have a whole group of them who are doing whatever the hell they want, and screw his rules.

2) IF they did in fact have all their men killed by the Saviors and were then being used how the blue **** did they get away and get away with all those guns? Am I to believe that a group of Saviors just allowed them to run away in the night and didn't both to try and find them? This would again fly in the face of how Negan runs his stuff and I don't buy in this in the least. Not to mention I don't believe that they could possibly have stolen all those guns and gotten away without being caught.

3) So this brings me to the point that either these women killed their men cause they were a Saviors outpost and then moved off on their own. The problem with this is that I don't know that even I could believe that to be the case either because how would they have killed all the men without getting caught? I am sure it's possible but I'd need a pretty good explanation of how they managed this. And again, as I mentioned above, why has Negan never wondered what happened to that outpost? Way to many holes in these women's story and way too many questions. They're obviously not that far from Alexandria so I doubt that they could have 'hidden' from Negan and The Saviors if they were looking for them. I don't buy what these women are selling.

4) How the heck did Tara get back to the community and apparently Heath, who has the RV, has not returned? I say he hasn't because I believe if he had they would have definitely shown that last night so that she would know he made it. So how did this guy, driving, not make it back before she did on foot? Also how did she walk all that way and never encounter a single Savior? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I guess it's plausible.

5) Now what happens with this group? Honestly I believe we won't see anything about this group again. I know that doesn't seem likely, given the time it was given tonight, but I just don't see the benefit or story progression that will be done by bringing them back. The only way we see them again is if The Saviors are looking for them and they find them and we see that or if Tara does finally tell Rick that they can get a whole lot of guns from this place. As I stated above if she were to do that I don't see what that leads to other then Rick and his group having to take the guns by force and possibly taking a few of the women in (Maybe the girl who saved Tara) who don't want to fight against Rick and his group.

So my final thoughts on last nights episode...yuck. Just a yawn fest and a waste of time that really did nothing for any character. Even with it being a Heath and Tara episode we really didn't get anything that builds either of their characters in any sort of way. Heath was made to look like a whiny ***** in the RV who suddenly, in the midst of the Walkers, decides he does realize that they're in this together? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have that quick a change of heart and there is no explanation. Just dumb.

We didn't get anything that built Tara in any way other then to show how incredibly lucky she is whenever here number is up and some how she finds a lucky way to survive. That seems to foreshadow, for me anyway, that she's going to die in an upcoming episode this season. It's probably showing us that she's be one of the expendable losses in the eventual All Out War with Negan and his Saviors.

I know all shows are going to have filler episodes but for me personally the only time those are okay or worthwhile is when they do something, even something minor, to help build a character, or a later situation that is worthwhile when it happens. This one doesn't appear to be doing anything of that nature and was just a throw away episode to wait until next week.

Now speaking of next week. Where this one did nothing, and was a waste, from the preview from last night I fear they're going to try and jam too much into one episode with it showing we should have some Negan, Daryl, and The Saviors, some Michionne, Carl and Jesus sneaking into the compound and then of course Rick and Aaron out on their run. That's a whole lot of main characters stories going on in one episode and that feels like, from the preview, something that is going to be very rushed.

I do think next week's episode is going to set up the midseason finale to be Carl getting into the Compound and the Negan/Carl episode. I think that's how the midseason will end is what Negan does, or doesn't do, to Carl in retaliation for his attack and insubordination with Negan's rules and set up.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good points here. I agree with them all. This episode was completely useless filler. It can't, and won't, lead to anything. I absolutely believe these people were introduced for a true one off episode. I have a feeling that we won't see them again, unless it's because Tara eventually tells Rick that's where he can get guns. If that's the case they're only doing so because Rick and his people will have to take the guns by force.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised, in the least, if the woman's group simply up and moved somewhere else now that they're worried about someone knowing where they're at and knowing that someone has dealt with The Saviors before.

No. It was not. This was added strictly for the TV show. It also sort of flies in the face of The Saviors and I'll get to more on that in a minute.

Excellent point. How can they have all these guns and suck so bad with them? This brings me to some other points from them having those weapons and their story. It's going to be a bit of a long response, I apologize in advance, but these are questions this has posed for me.

1) Do I even believe that The Saviors killed all their men? Right out of the gate, knowing the mentality of Negan and how he runs The Saviors I do not believe this for one moment. There are only two possible ways in which that works...A) In the beginning Negan had them kill all the men? No. Not part of his deal or his plans. So I don't believe that in the least. B) An outpost of his did that on their own, and didn't tell them they did that, because they were using the women for themselves. Which, obviously, I believe this is some what the hinted at action they're going for with this group last night is that a group of The Saviors killed all their men and were basically raping them and using them for their own gain before they got away.

Now the biggest reason I don't believe that is that would completely fly in the face of the Negan character and his authority. He detests rape. He will not stand for it. It's why he makes a point (even with Dwight a couple of episodes ago) that the guys can have the women they want, as long as the women say yes. He will not stand for rape. So I don't believe, at all, that a group led by him would have killed the men and then did things of this nature. (I'm assuming this is the idea that they want people to believe, not that it was actually stated last night).

The second part of that, a group of his Saviors doing it on their own and he doesn't know, would also fly in the face of Negan's whole "I'm everywhere". To this point we've seen these people are loyal to him and they're always paranoid that someone might tell him if they're doing anything they're not supposed to. So I doubt you would have a whole group of them who are doing whatever the hell they want, and screw his rules.

2) IF they did in fact have all their men killed by the Saviors and were then being used how the blue **** did they get away and get away with all those guns? Am I to believe that a group of Saviors just allowed them to run away in the night and didn't both to try and find them? This would again fly in the face of how Negan runs his stuff and I don't buy in this in the least. Not to mention I don't believe that they could possibly have stolen all those guns and gotten away without being caught.

3) So this brings me to the point that either these women killed their men cause they were a Saviors outpost and then moved off on their own. The problem with this is that I don't know that even I could believe that to be the case either because how would they have killed all the men without getting caught? I am sure it's possible but I'd need a pretty good explanation of how they managed this. And again, as I mentioned above, why has Negan never wondered what happened to that outpost? Way to many holes in these women's story and way too many questions. They're obviously not that far from Alexandria so I doubt that they could have 'hidden' from Negan and The Saviors if they were looking for them. I don't buy what these women are selling.

4) How the heck did Tara get back to the community and apparently Heath, who has the RV, has not returned? I say he hasn't because I believe if he had they would have definitely shown that last night so that she would know he made it. So how did this guy, driving, not make it back before she did on foot? Also how did she walk all that way and never encounter a single Savior? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I guess it's plausible.

5) Now what happens with this group? Honestly I believe we won't see anything about this group again. I know that doesn't seem likely, given the time it was given tonight, but I just don't see the benefit or story progression that will be done by bringing them back. The only way we see them again is if The Saviors are looking for them and they find them and we see that or if Tara does finally tell Rick that they can get a whole lot of guns from this place. As I stated above if she were to do that I don't see what that leads to other then Rick and his group having to take the guns by force and possibly taking a few of the women in (Maybe the girl who saved Tara) who don't want to fight against Rick and his group.

So my final thoughts on last nights episode...yuck. Just a yawn fest and a waste of time that really did nothing for any character. Even with it being a Heath and Tara episode we really didn't get anything that builds either of their characters in any sort of way. Heath was made to look like a whiny ***** in the RV who suddenly, in the midst of the Walkers, decides he does realize that they're in this together? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have that quick a change of heart and there is no explanation. Just dumb.

We didn't get anything that built Tara in any way other then to show how incredibly lucky she is whenever here number is up and some how she finds a lucky way to survive. That seems to foreshadow, for me anyway, that she's going to die in an upcoming episode this season. It's probably showing us that she's be one of the expendable losses in the eventual All Out War with Negan and his Saviors.

I know all shows are going to have filler episodes but for me personally the only time those are okay or worthwhile is when they do something, even something minor, to help build a character, or a later situation that is worthwhile when it happens. This one doesn't appear to be doing anything of that nature and was just a throw away episode to wait until next week.

Now speaking of next week. Where this one did nothing, and was a waste, from the preview from last night I fear they're going to try and jam too much into one episode with it showing we should have some Negan, Daryl, and The Saviors, some Michionne, Carl and Jesus sneaking into the compound and then of course Rick and Aaron out on their run. That's a whole lot of main characters stories going on in one episode and that feels like, from the preview, something that is going to be very rushed.

I do think next week's episode is going to set up the midseason finale to be Carl getting into the Compound and the Negan/Carl episode. I think that's how the midseason will end is what Negan does, or doesn't do, to Carl in retaliation for his attack and insubordination with Negan's rules and set up.

Great write up!

Yeah, the only way this new group comes into play in the future is the gun thing.

If I recall in the graphic novel, Negan did not take all the guns, where in this medium he did, so guns need to come from somewhere.

Also didn't Tara & Heath uncover a bunch of bullets when they uncovered the "sand zombies"? So it could end up with Tara headed back there to collect the bullets and deciding... "Well I've come this far."

On top of that Tara's a lesbian and this new group is all-female... Well.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Great write up!

Yeah, the only way this new group comes into play in the future is the gun thing.

If I recall in the graphic novel, Negan did not take all the guns, where in this medium he did, so guns need to come from somewhere.

Also didn't Tara & Heath uncover a bunch of bullets when they uncovered the "sand zombies"? So it could end up with Tara headed back there to collect the bullets and deciding... "Well I've come this far."

On top of that Tara's a lesbian and this new group is all-female... Well.

Yes they did find a bunch of bullets, it appeared that many were casings but they could use that as well as Eugene found the means to make bullets at the end of last season. Which the Saviors don't know about to this point.

You're right in the comic they did not take Rick's guns. I think they may have taken some of them but they didn't take them all. So this is new for the TV show so they are absolutely going to have to find themselves weapons somewhere, at some point.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
as for whether or not we go back to this group - maybe y'all missed the alternative lifestyle vibe but tara wanted to get back to her girlfriend who is now gone from this world. the chic that kept helping tara - well they seem to have hit it off.

she's going to risk it all to go back and get her some new action. :)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Yeah, I sighed when I saw where it was going.

At this point I am letting the show tell it's tale the way it wants too.

As far as the episode. It was to show a perspective from someone who didn't know what happened.... didn't realize many things Negan-related.

I can appreciate it for that. Filler... but with a purpose. "Things you do have consequences.... learn what they are"

I didn't get that POTA franciscus vibe... but cool that you did... I can see it now.... sorta.

She's got motion chub in all the right places. Heehee. She's not perfect but that in itself is why it's good. :)

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Been a really really boring season. The 1st episode was awesome than after blah. Especially last night what a snoozer.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I found this post on another forum... made me laugh-out-loud...

"Because this episode was such slow filler, I had plenty of time to think/wonder. Like, how does Tara's hair stay so soft and flowing after having been doused in salt water? If Tara is going to sneak around in the woods, doesn't she have the sense to take off that bright blue shirt that just screams out to be seen by other people? Heath, back in the RV, was saying that they'd only found a couple of rusty cans of okra, so how did Tara manage to put on weight during those 2 weeks? I know the actress had a baby a couple of months (5? 6?), but if she gained weight (unlike SMG), then at least have Tara wearing clothes that can hide the fact. And if I have time during the episode to even notice that the actress has gained weight, that tells me that I was not engaged by the episode. And why were Beatrice and Kathy such poor shots? Were they deliberately trying to miss and just scare Tara off? If so, what did it mean that Beatrice was ready to kill Tara once she came across her? How do these women survive, if they can't hit the broad side of a barn? And if they are trying to stay hidden from The Saviors, why were they burning all those candles and not covering up the windows? They even had candles IN the darn windows. Yeah, someone sneaking around at night isn't going to see THAT light from miles away. Get some darn shutters for those windows, at least. And where did they find this cache of candles anyway, that they feel they can burn a million of them every night? We're 2 years into the za, and people have been burning them like crazy. The supply should be growing short. Especially for candles that can survive the East Coast summer heat in un-air-conditioned warehouses and stores without melting into piles of goo. And how did Tara manage to walk all the way to ASZ from the ocean? And how did she know which way to go? And how did she manage NOT to run up against and out-post or 5 of The Saviors?"

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I said it a month ago....for non-comic readers the series is over........there is no coming back from all the core that is lost.......too many new evil groups.....too much lost.......if Rick kills Negan so what??? Glenn is still gone and there are 10 more crazy/evil/religious/ groups that will take their place.......

Once any hope of a real future is gone it is just slow torture with cliff hangers and filler flash backs........

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
  • Pulling that one duffel bag, wouldn't have caused all that sand to come down like that. Nope.
  • That village is in a nice location, I like how they had abandoned cars lined up to block the bridge access. Something similar could be done for the 7 mile bridge leading to the Florida keys. That's where my group would be. Head to the military base there. They house a nice naval clinic, us army special forces underwater operations school, and a couple of ** squadrons.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Well...I liked it. I like the character (Tara, not Heath. Who cares about Heath.)

I'll disagree with others who feel the episode didn't help inform her character further. It communicated she's not above keeping things from the group in Alexandria. While last episode showed Enid going from self-loathing loner to finally seeing the Alexandria people as her family, and Maggie taking on the mantle of leader, this episode shows Tara maybe diverging from Alexandria and coming to terms with the possibility that she's not as connected to her people as she thought. Her connection to Alexandria was Glenn and Denise and maybe Eugene. That's substantially changed. We'll see if she keeps the secret longer than one episode.

Random thoughts...

I've been wondering about what the zombie apocalypse looks like near the coast. Seemed like a no brainer as far as setting up somewhere.
  • Plenty of water and food (mmm Chesapeake blue crabs).
  • Got the bay at your back, so at least you know walkers aren't coming at you from that direction.
  • Walkers don't do well with water.
  • Travel by boat instead of scrounging up gasoline.
  • Generally more sparsely populated than cities/suburbs.

Seems pretty illogical to stay inland unless you are going for mountain terrain. Much of the entire history of human civilization prioritized building near a body of water, but Team Grimes prefers to hang out near I-95 after a zombie apocalypse.

Total guess, but I'm thinking Cindy's mom is not dead. According to the women at the dinner table, the males over age 10 were killed but they said they "lost others" rather than saying they too were killed. Sounds like some people were rightfully intimidated by the killing of the males and chose to stay behind as earners.

As far as characters being a bad shot, that's called television. They're bad until the plot calls for them to be good, then every bullet fired is a kill shot.

Also, the show indicated the women did not steal the guns. They found this hunting area and the guns/supplies were there.

If Cindy's grandmother wasn't the leader of this new group, seems like Cindy would have been killed long ago. She's consistently putting them at risk.

Rachel...learn to spit. You're terrible at it. Weak.

Show seems to be saying Heath's hair makes him look like a woman from behind. I'm thinking Heath was taken by Saviors and that key card Tara found can get Rick's group into Negan's compound. Although she probably sat on it and now it now longer works.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Total guess, but I'm thinking Cindy's mom is not dead. According to the women at the dinner table, the males over age 10 were killed but they said they "lost others" rather than saying they too were killed. Sounds like some people were rightfully intimidated by the killing of the males and chose to stay behind as earners.

As far as characters being a bad shot, that's called television. They're bad until the plot calls for them to be good, then every bullet fired is a kill shot.

Also, the show indicated the women did not steal the guns. They found this hunting area and the guns/supplies were there.

If Cindy's grandmother wasn't the leader of this new group, seems like Cindy would have been killed long ago. She's consistently putting them at risk.

Rachel...learn to spit. You're terrible at it. Weak.

Show seems to be saying Heath's hair makes him look like a woman from behind. I'm thinking Heath was taken by Saviors and that key card Tara found can get Rick's group into Negan's compound. Although she probably sat on it and now it now longer works.

Very good post.

Great points about the Cindy's mom & the key card.

Perhaps that's how the other groups "get in" with the Oceanside group and their cache of weaponry, i.e. the other groups (Rick) "show" the ladies where their family members are being kept.

And that key card could lead to all sorts of shenanigans against the Saviors.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I said it a month ago....for non-comic readers the series is over........there is no coming back from all the core that is lost.......too many new evil groups.....too much lost.......if Rick kills Negan so what??? Glenn is still gone and there are 10 more crazy/evil/religious/ groups that will take their place.......

Once any hope of a real future is gone it is just slow torture with cliff hangers and filler flash backs........

I can see that being the point for those who haven't read the comic and don't know what could possibly be coming for the group.

I'll just say that there is an actual hope on the horizon and something really great is coming for Rick and his vision of the world.