Walking Dead Season 7 **merged**

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Starting to think Daryl's character represents the best acting gig in America. Can barely remember the last time he did much more than grunt or glare. If they paid these actors by the word, Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be a billionaire and Reedus would be on food stamps.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Dwight's wife seem turned on by Negan? It certainly doesn't seem like she minds it too much, at all.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Oh he's extremely manipulative.

But there was a very brief moment or two when he wasn't Negan the terrible.
I think what he was doing was completely a manipulation. The way he insulted Olivia and then the very next breath ask her to sleep with him. And the best way he can get back at Rick is to turn Carl.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The commercials on this show are starting to wear me out.

I noticed watching the DVR recording from 49 minutes in to the end it was roughly 6 minutes of show followed by 4 minutes of commercials.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Was Carl committing suicide? He rides all the way there, kills a couple of lackeys, and demands "Where's Negan?" with a rifle pointed to shoot. "No one else needs to die." Negan appears...and CARL DOESN'T SHOOT! Was the plan to talk it out?

I know it doesn't happen this way, but some part of me wants this Negan situation to play out like mid-season of Luke Cage. Negan is talking to Dwight with Daryl there. Nobody notices Fat Joey walk right up behind Negan. Fat Joey picks up a lamp and just caves in Negan's head.

Also, does Dwight's ex Sherry have a bigger role in the future? Actress pretty.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was Carl committing suicide? He rides all the way there, kills a couple of lackeys, and demands "Where's Negan?" with a rifle pointed to shoot. "No one else needs to die." Negan appears...and CARL DOESN'T SHOOT! Was the plan to talk it out?

I know it doesn't happen this way, but some part of me wants this Negan situation to play out like mid-season of Luke Cage. Negan is talking to Dwight with Daryl there. Nobody notices Fat Joey walk right up behind Negan. Fat Joey picks up a lamp and just caves in Negan's head.

Also, does Dwight's ex Sherry have a bigger role in the future? Actress pretty.

Carl's action was simply spur of the moment but at the end backed off out of fear of his own death– plus Negan sweet talks him a little. Even though Carl hates the guy, Negan has taken a shine to him.

The actor who plays Negan has been signed through the end of next season and I would expect he'll be in & out of episodes until then.

But obviously there are some small "cracks" appearing in the House of Savior with Dwight apparently starting his "face-turn" (to borrow a phrase from professional wrestling) and sending Daryl the means to escape.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Carl's action was simply spur of the moment but at the end backed off out of fear of his own death– plus Negan sweet talks him a little. Even though Carl hates the guy, Negan has taken a shine to him.

The actor who plays Negan has been signed through the end of next season and I would expect he'll be in & out of episodes until then.

But obviously there are some small "cracks" appearing in the House of Savior with Dwight apparently starting his "face-turn" (to borrow a phrase from professional wrestling) and sending Daryl the means to escape.

The comics probably answer this, but how much of that is sympathy for Daryl vs fear that Daryl will eventually replace him as Negan's right hand man once Negan eventually breaks him?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Yup.
He had him. Negan was in line of fire before he used dude as shield.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The comics probably answer this, but how much of that is sympathy for Daryl vs fear that Daryl will eventually replace him as Negan's right hand man once Negan eventually breaks him?

The challenge is that there's no "Daryl" in the comic book.

In the graphic novel it's shear hatered of Negan.

In the TV show there's probably a wee-bit of sympathy for Daryl, a wee-bit of admiration that Daryl didn't break and a whole lotta hate for Negan.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see why the ratings are tanking. Everybody knows how this thing will eventually turn out and just want it over with already.

There's always been a healthy suspension of disbelief required by this show, but this season has just pushed the boundaries too far.

If they're thinking of dragging this thing out for an entire season (or more), this show may never recover.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I can see why the ratings are tanking. Everybody knows how this thing will eventually turn out and just want it over with already.

There's always been a healthy suspension of disbelief required by this show, but this season has just pushed the boundaries too far.

If they're thinking of dragging this thing out for an entire season (or more), this show may never recover.
they spend an hour to develop something they could do in 10 minutes. everything between the 1st show and last week could have been 1 episode but they drag things out to the most painful of degrees.

the "cliffhanger" was what, 8 months?
7.5 billion people in the world today
55 million people die each year.
so what, .8% of the population dies yearly

now walking dead - they average 19.9 million viewers per episode.
if we go .8% of these people die, factor in 8 months vs. 12, we still have approximately 107k people who died never knowing who negan whacked, much less he whacked 2 people.

the sad part is those of us who remain to keep watching.

this season started out maybe too harsh and they could never match it. instead they simply dragged everything out and went into 70 minute long self discoveries these days to setup something no one will give a damn about in 2 more seasons at this rate.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they spend an hour to develop something they could do in 10 minutes. everything between the 1st show and last week could have been 1 episode but they drag things out to the most painful of degrees.

the "cliffhanger" was what, 8 months?
7.5 billion people in the world today
55 million people die each year.
so what, .8% of the population dies yearly

now walking dead - they average 19.9 million viewers per episode.
if we go .8% of these people die, factor in 8 months vs. 12, we still have approximately 107k people who died never knowing who negan whacked, much less he whacked 2 people.

the sad part is those of us who remain to keep watching.

this season started out maybe too harsh and they could never match it. instead they simply dragged everything out and went into 70 minute long self discoveries these days to setup something no one will give a damn about in 2 more seasons at this rate.

According to this article, rating have plummeted. From 17 million for the season premiere, to 10 million for the most recent episodes. That should speak volumes about what they're doing not working.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...does-the-show-rebound-from-here/#345921c711ec

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
everyone dies waiting for them to get good again.

I think they need something different than what feels like 'The Governor Part 2' all over again, only this time done worse.

And that's not a knock on Jeffrey Dean Morgan, it's a knock on poor writing of a shallow, unbelievable character.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they need something different than what feels like 'The Governor Part 2' all over again, only this time done worse.

And that's not a knock on Jeffrey Dean Morgan, it's a knock on poor writing of a shallow, unbelievable character.

Agreed that the TV version of "The Governor" was done much better than the TV version of Negan.

I don't think we're too far off from a big arc turn.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I really don't see a softer side to Negan. What he's doing is manipulation .
Oh he's extremely manipulative.

But there was a very brief moment or two when he wasn't Negan the terrible.

Both of you make great points. I feel like maybe I'm some what clouded in what I see from Negan because as a fan of the graphic novel I know his back story already and how he acts at other points in the graphic novel so I feel like maybe I give him a pass as more of a softer guy then people realize.

Which, to be honest, even with all that other information from the graphic novels he could just be very manipulative but I don't feel like that's really who he is at his core.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Actually they do and they don't. There is no Daryl in the graphic novel. So there is no one around that Dwight could possibly think will replace him.

There is a reason Dwight is doing what he's doing which would play along with who he is in the graphic novel.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yup.
He had him. Negan was in line of fire before he used dude as shield.

I think the hesitation is that he wanted to take Negan with him and Daryl. Probably got a bit scared of course because he really didn't think this through but he's smart enough to know that he can't just kill Negan right there because that would get him and Daryl killed. He probably thought there would be some way to simply take Negan hostage, grab Daryl, and leave to finish the job. Of course that didn't happen at all.