Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

Angus12

Reaction score
Again, you have to deal with the dead money. 8.5 million accelerated against the cap already. Even if you sign him for 4 million that is a total of 12.5 million. His original cap hit was 16 million...

He isn't going to be brought back.

Doesn't matter who they sign or for how much. That dead money will still count the same. If they sign player X for 4M, the cost for that position will still be 12.5M this year. It has nothing to do with if they bring Ware back or not.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Six playoff teams? Anyone care to guess at those?

New England made the sense when I first heard he was probably leaving town. Seems like their type of player and makes sense scheme wise.

New England
Denver
New Orleans
Philadelphia
Green Bay
San Diego

I thought a good fit for him would be Houston. Watt, J. Clowney Whitney Mercilus, B. Cushing, Brooks Reed add Ware...And I think the Texans rebound big time

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3h
Former Cowboys DE DeMarcuus Ware will be flying to Denver today to visit the Broncos, per source.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3h
One AFC West official who tried to get DeMarcus Ware to visit his city said he was told "you're not going to like where he winds up."

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
The cowboys want to win now without hurting their chances to win later. I personally like it. 3 FA and draft picks. We won't be stellar but we should be better than last year. I do not have any reason to believe that the cowboys will draft a safety. It'll be trenches for the most part with a WR somewhere and possibly a LB if he meets criteria and is a bargain.

Gaede

Reaction score
We won't be able to, honestly. Garrett did the same thing to the OL and that took two-three years.

People are hopeful that some scrub free agents and the draft will just cure our DL. But I very distinctly remember the many years we spent in vain trying to find a starting DE and a good DT. It's not that easy to just get a couple guys and your line is set.

If we don't get lucky in the draft, we are in for a long season

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Um, with a little thing called the draft. Sign a player or two in free agency and draft a player or two and you have a brand new, young dline.

That little thing called the draft will need home runs at practically each position we target. Functional solid DEs are not a given, even if you draft early.

In other words, Marinelli better be right about his "rushmen".

Alexander

Reaction score
Given where this team is at, I would say absolutely yes.

Where are we at exactly? Oh yes, with no accomplished defensive ends under contract. And yes, I am counting George Selvie.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
That little thing called the draft will need home runs at practically each position we target. Functional solid DEs are not a given, even if you draft early.

In other words, Marinelli better be right about his "rushmen".

Marinelli turned some guy named Selvie into a contributor. The key is to get a franchise 3-tech--that's the motor. Get Marinelli a 3-tech and better depth and I have faith.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
We won't be able to, honestly. Garrett did the same thing to the OL and that took two-three years.

People are hopeful that some scrub free agents and the draft will just cure our DL. But I very distinctly remember the many years we spent in vain trying to find a starting DE and a good DT. It's not that easy to just get a couple guys and your line is set.

If we don't get lucky in the draft, we are in for a long season

In my opinion, it is much harder to build a OLine than a dline. Especially a Tampa-2 dline, where the only thing asked of the dlineman is to chase the qb. With some luck, it can be done in one offseason.

TonyRomo17

Reaction score
has anyone watched the first 2 games before melton got injured? how did he do?

burmafrd

Reaction score
If we hit a home run draft and get 3 guys for the D L this year; or get say one in FA (Melton) and get 2 in the draft we can do it in two years. What many here forget is the reason the Giants and other teams have done so well is good depth; they can platoon and rotate their players keeping them fresh for the 4th quarter. Something we have not been able to do since the 90's.

Alexander

Reaction score
Marinelli turned some guy named Selvie into a contributor. The key is to get a franchise 3-tech--that's the motor. Get Marinelli a 3-tech and better depth and I have faith.

Marinelli's water into wine act is not a sure thing. Take his track record in Chicago. It took adding an expensive piece in Julius Peppers in 2010 to get it brought together.

Here are the linemen drafted by Chicago when Marinelli was around:

2012 - Shea McClellin
2011 - Stephen Paea
2010 - Corey Wootton
2009 - Jarron Gilbert (out of the league); Henry Melton

You can blame the relative mediocrity on the scouting department if you wish, but it does not fill me with the same sense of faith you have in him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Did you pull a hammie makin that reach? Why don't you blame Rob Ryan for his dislocated elbow and torn rotator cuff the year before when they were still in a 3-4.

You're excused for not knowing much about football. A DE in the 4-3 takes a lot of punishment. Ware was too small for it and it wore him down last year causing many little nagging injuries.

Western

Reaction score
If the opportunity presents itself, draft Romo's replacement immediately.
If and when, the defense becomes a playoff-caliber unit (in 2 years at least), having a younger/healthier QB will allow Dallas a greater probability of winning in the playoffs.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
With this group running this organization it might take ten years to find another quality pass rusher again.

Look how long it has taken to settle the guard position and I would say that is the easiest position on the field to get production out of.

But yea, they are going to rebuild a defense now because ware is gone and he has been holding us back.

Every march jerry and Garrett have all the answers and every September we have all the questions.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
With the likely departures of Ware, Hatcher and Spencer, how can the team possibly rebuild the defensive line sufficiently in the year or two that Romo has left in the window where he can win a championship?

The short answer is I don't think they will.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No no no.

He's not coming back.

Neither is Miles Austin.

I wouldn't dream of arguing with that observation. Obviously, Ware is looking to greener pastures and I wouldn't take Miles back if you paid me. I've pretty much accepted the fact that it's time to move on. It's high time to get younger and healthier.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Unless we go on some fluke run, I hope Ware signs with Denver, gets 15+ sacks and Denver wins the Super Bowl.