Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
It's a good move for a team that wants to win right now, they understand Manning's window is closing. A player like Ware can get Denver over the hump immediately and they're willing to pay for that. Dallas isn't in that position, they need to get younger, cut bad contracts and build through the draft.

Good move for all parties involved, Denver gets a player with something left in the tank, Dallas frees space and Ware gets to play for a contender.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
This will be great for ware! Going from a team that has no chance at a ring to a top 2 favored team that could get one. That should light a fire under him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There was no mention of his elbow having issues at the beginning of the season. Cowboys made him rich for sure, but Jerry hurt his career by moving to the 4-3

Ware's biggest injuries have come from slamming into his own guys coming off the edge. The one against TB(I think) it looked like he broke his neck.

Coy

Reaction score
That´s exactly why I see our arrow pointing down, we lost Ware and probably Hatcher and Spencer as well, Lee, Carter and Mo are a sure bet to miss at least around 8 games between them.

Romo´s second back surgery, Witten a year older, our offense was very healthy last year, that could change this year, I really see a 5 team win next year, on the bright side we could make a play for Harbaugh in 2015 or at least for a real HC and maybe in 2016 we turn it around.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Agreed. I like the move from a smart business move, but hate to see him play elsewhere. We have to accept that he may go out and have a big year next year, but the bottom line is he was not willing to play for the $$ Dallas wanted to pay him here at this point in his career. I think it is a slight ray of hope that the front office may actually take the idea of fiscal responsibility as a priority for a change. We will see.

I just wished we had the foresight to see we were going to get rid of him and trade him to get some draft picks. We tend to do this, i.e., hold on to our players too long and instead of doing what the Patriots do (trading them for draft picks) we hold on to them too long and then cut them.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
This will be great for ware! Going from a team that has no chance at a ring to a top 2 favored team that could get one. That should light a fire under him.
Yep. remember me posting that the best thing that could happen to Ware was getting away from Jerry and his losing franchise? i love that he did that and still got his money. those who said he would not get big money were dead wrong.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this front office in dallas is so incompetent the couldn't find there way out of a barn with the door open

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I just wished we had the foresight to see we were going to get rid of him and trade him to get some draft picks. We tend to do this, i.e., hold on to our players too long and instead of doing what the Patriots do (trading them for draft picks) we hold on to them too long and then cut them.

We will get a comp pick for him in 2015

slick325

Reaction score
te="Risen Star, post: 5473584, member: 5331"]Over/under on Ware sacks next year: 12

I'll take the over.[/quote]

Over.....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yep. remember me posting that the best thing that could happen to Ware was getting away from Jerry and his losing franchise? i love that he did that and still got his money. those who said he would not get big money were dead wrong.

I knew he'd get more than what Dallas was offering. Lesser free agents got a lot of money. I expected Ware to get more because if he's healthy, he still provides speed of the edge. And now he's being teamed with Von Miller? Terror.
The key is that Miller, Ware and Peyton have to hold up through the season. But this signing is very understandable.
Denver's offense gives them a big lead. Teams are forced to pass, playing into the hands of the defense led by Miller and Ware rushing from the edge.
If the three of those guys hold up, I see this team back in the Super Bowl next year.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Is DEN still looking @ Ward (S) ? Maybe we can dial that number...am surprised Ware got 10/yr was thinking 8/yr range.