Was Dak the best QB of the 2016 draft?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"It's hard to find areas of the game that say Cousins is better than Dak. Yes he has better passing numbers"

The post you replied to literally has that quote in it lol
like I said, find the little pin hole to argue through...where he showed he was better in many other areas, including QBR...but hey, let me just fit myself through the pin hole to make an argument.

so is passing numbers the measure of how good a QB is and no other stats matter? seemingly that's what you are hanging on to. shall we measure cousins passing numbers to others in the league and you tell us if you think cousins is better than them? or do you want to try another spin... you know we have been down this road before....we know you like to spin

again...as usual...moving the target....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
like I said, find the little pin hole to argue through...where he showed he was better in many other areas, including QBR...but hey, let me just fit myself through the pin hole to make an argument.

so is passing numbers the measure of how good a QB is and no other stats matter? seemingly that's what you are hanging on to. shall we measure cousins passing numbers to others in the league and you tell us if you think cousins is better than them? or do you want to try another spin... you know we have been down this road before....we know you like to spin

again...as usual...moving the target....
You can easily find many areas where Cousins is better also.

Passing numbers isn't everything, but the gap between Cosuins rushing stats compared to Dak is nowhere near as wide as the gap between Cousins passing stats compared to Dak... if that's where you're getting at.

You're not changing my mind. Your emotions do not replace the numbers.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Passing numbers isn't everything, but the gap between Cosuins rushing stats compared to Dak is nowhere near as wide as the gap between Cousins passing stats compared to Dak... if that's where you're getting at.

Dak is much better than cousins. And Cousins is pretty good.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You talking about a dude who was benched for stinking up the joint and then shipped out of town for being a lil biatch is better than Dak? Okay.. you cling to the nostalgia of one magical 13 game run before getting hurt if you wish. Dak has had the better career.. has the better won/loss record... The dude was the LOWEST RATED STARTING QB IN THE NFL in 2020. But he's better than Dak because he had a nice year 4 years ago and then had a nice 4 game run in 2019. GTFOH.

Don't have a hysterectomy. You have your opinion. I have mine. Mine doesn't have to be in sync with yours; otherwise, it would be your opinion or ours. ;)

Philly was a dumpster fire last year. I take that into consideration. Be that as it may, I outlined my reasons. If you disagree, the sun will still rise in the morning. :)

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Now you're building your house on a glass foundation.

In 109 games Cousins has rushed for 721 yards and 16 TDs.
In 69 games Dak has rushed for 1314 yards and 24 TDs.

Dak has nearly doubled Cousins on the ground in half as many games.. That is a Grand Canyon sized gap dude.. Meanwhile the passing numbers say 97.9 to 97.3 (and closing). It's okay to admit that Dak is a better player, dude. Nobody is going to hold it against you. You don't need to be making up comparisons to support your narrative. Especially if your made up comparison is 180 degrees off of reality. Your emotions do not replace the numbers.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Now you're building your house on a glass foundation.

In 109 games Cousins has rushed for 721 yards and 16 TDs.
In 69 games Dak has rushed for 1314 yards and 24 TDs.

Dak has nearly doubled Cousins on the ground in half as many games.. That is a Grand Canyon sized gap dude.. Meanwhile the passing numbers say 97.9 to 97.3 (and closing). It's okay to admit that Dak is a better player, dude. Nobody is going to hold it against you. You don't need to be making up comparisons to support your narrative. Especially if your made up comparison is 180 degrees off of reality. Your emotions do not replace the numbers.
"It's hard to find areas of the game that say Cousins is better than Dak. Yes he has better passing numbers"

Hey, how come you never responded to this gem that you said in your rant about how Dak is clearly better?

Again, you and them flawed made up formulas you use to ignore the stone cold numbers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

you can easily find many areas that cousins has better stats than Brady, doesn't make him better than brady though, its over all evaluation across many factors....so you argument doesn't stand that in a few areas, cousins is better. with that said, I like to wait and compare dak in years 5-10...you know apples to apples.....unless you want to project and compare cousins first 5 years with Dak's first 5 years....

I am not, never planned to change you mind.... you are a lost cause, so letting you go down your path as you have been. but I can easily point out when you are wrong, which is often...

its not about emotions...its about logic and given now you are switching to another line of reasoning, aren't you being emotional about Dak?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
you can easily find many areas that cousins has better stats than Brady, doesn't make him better than brady though, its over all evaluation across many factors....so you argument doesn't stand that in a few areas, cousins is better. with that said, I like to wait and compare dak in years 5-10...you know apples to apples.....unless you want to project and compare cousins first 5 years with Dak's first 5 years....

I am not, never planned to change you mind.... you are a lost cause, so letting you go down your path as you have been. but I can easily point out when you are wrong, which is often...

its not about emotions...its about logic and given now you are switching to another line of reasoning, aren't you being emotional about Dak?
There you go bringing up a winner and GOAT again to defend an argument against Dak. It never fails with you lol

It's simple though, when you're comparing two losers that's never won anything to each other the numbers play a much bigger role. What else do you have to go by? Both have no MVPs, rings, nothing.

You're way to in your feels to look at anything logically. You're star blinded.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There you go bringing up a winner and GOAT again to defend an argument against Dak. It never fails with you lol

It's simple though, when you're comparing two losers that's never won anything to each other the numbers play a much bigger role. What else do you have to go by? Both have no MVPs, rings, nothing.

You're way to in your feels to look at anything logically. You're star blinded.
there you go again, bringing up the same old argument....perhaps I should have put in my disclaimer as usual since when I did, you couldn't respond with idiotic statement like you just did. its not comparing Brady to Dak, nowhere in the statement I did that.....I said, based on your standards. cousins has better passing stats than Brady...does it mean Cousins is better than Brady?

seriously dude, you grasp at straws way too quickly sometimes....don't act so desparate.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
there you go again, bringing up the same old argument....perhaps I should have put in my disclaimer as usual since when I did, you couldn't respond with idiotic statement like you just did. its not comparing Brady to Dak, nowhere in the statement I did that.....I said, based on your standards. cousins has better passing stats than Brady...does it mean Cousins is better than Brady?

seriously dude, you grasp at straws way too quickly sometimes....don't act so desparate.
The numbers do not lie. That's all I'm going by when I compare em.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The truth is that most all of these guys were more talented then Dak, coming out. That's why Dak was a 4th round pick. Now, the difference between now and then is Jerry. Jerry has bent over backwards to try and make Dak successful. Maybe because he ties his own success to Dak, to a certain extent, maybe because he sees that as a stamp on his career as a GM, IDK. Either way, there is very little doubt, IMO, that all of these guys were evaluated as better talents then was Dak, coming out. The difference has been the situations each QB has found themselves in. Dak has had a loaded offense for much of his time in Dallas. In fact, most of the time he's been in Dallas IMO. These other QBs, when they have had talent, they have shown success. When Goff had talent, he went to a Super Bowl. When Wentz had talent, he was on pace to be MVP and a Super Bowl Champion. So it really comes down to how you rate success.

Bottom line, you take talent from Dak and he's going to be no better then Wentz or Goff. It's a team sport, always has been. If you don't have talent and an organization around you, then you aren't going to be successful as a QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

btw this was a very very very simple excercise...I took 2016-1019, excluding 2020 because of Dak's injury....and your statement is way wrong. as usual you like to round up, perhaps this time you did it to the nearest 1000..

Cousins Passing average over the period : 4227,
Dak passing average over the period: 3944

about 283 yards for the year....average of 17 yards per game...but funny you say, Dak's is nowhere near.....again a totally false made up statement on your part...

and as for rushing yards

Dak had 305, to cousins 116, about a 189 yards difference for the year...or 11 yards per game....

percentage wise, that would mean Dak had 150% more rushing yards per game than cousins...compared to cousins having 7% more passing yards per game.

sorry, I deal in facts, not rounded up hypotethicals with superlative adjective of "nowhere near"....where in fact, reality tells us other wise.

just too funny....the data is out there for you to pull, before you try to make up something and get caught

go ahead...spin away

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The truth is that most all of these guys were more talented then Dak, coming out. That's why Dak was a 4th round pick. Now, the difference between now and then is Jerry. Jerry has bent over backwards to try and make Dak successful. Maybe because he ties his own success to Dak, to a certain extent, maybe because he sees that as a stamp on his career as a GM, IDK. Either way, there is very little doubt, IMO, that all of these guys were evaluated as better talents then was Dak, coming out. The difference has been the situations each QB has found themselves in. Dak has had a loaded offense for much of his time in Dallas. In fact, most of the time he's been in Dallas IMO. These other QBs, when they have had talent, they have shown success. When Goff had talent, he went to a Super Bowl. When Wentz had talent, he was on pace to be MVP and a Super Bowl Champion. So it really comes down to how you rate success.

Bottom line, you take talent from Dak and he's going to be no better then Wentz or Goff. It's a team sport, always has been. If you don't have talent and an organization around you, then you aren't going to be successful as a QB.
Ryan leaf was evaluated to be the 2nd best talent in the draft behind Manning...we all know how that turned out. those evaluations are often projections, based on college...we know in reality it doesn't often work out, as 4 out of 5 first round QBs turn out average or fail.....and btw, don't forget Brady was evaluated to be a 6th round talent....and we know he is the GOAT....so much for banking on talent evaluators...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
btw this was a very very very simple excercise...I took 2016-1019, excluding 2020 because of Dak's injury....and your statement is way wrong. as usual you like to round up, perhaps this time you did it to the nearest 1000..

Cousins Passing average over the period : 4227,
Dak passing average over the period: 3944

about 283 yards for the year....average of 17 yards per game...but funny you say, Dak's is nowhere near.....again a totally false made up statement on your part...

and as for rushing yards

Dak had 305, to cousins 116, about a 189 yards difference for the year...or 11 yards per game....

percentage wise, that would mean Dak had 150% more rushing yards per game than cousins...compared to cousins having 7% more passing yards per game.

sorry, I deal in facts, not rounded up hypotethicals with superlative adjective of "nowhere near"....where in fact, reality tells us other wise.

just too funny....the data is out there for you to pull, before you try to make up something and get caught

go ahead...spin away
Why are you just using yards? Doesn't being a QB involve more then just yards?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why are you just using yards? Doesn't being a QB involve more then just yards?
I quote you:
"...gap between Cosuins rushing stats compared to Dak is nowhere near as wide as the gap between Cousins passing stats compared to Dak....."

I can dig into all the other stats and do an over all comparison....but you seemingly didn't like that......

as I have said I take everything into account, not just a single stat...unlike what you have done in the past....

we both know what you said was clearly wrong....you tend to over exaggerate and round up where it suits your argument, and round down severely where it fits your arguments.