We All Know BP Is Staying

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Skin;1319311 said:
I think I just threw up in my mouth.

The sad thing is, that vomit is probably the smartest thing to ever come out of your mouth...

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1319338 said:
The sad thing is, that vomit is probably the smartest thing to ever come out of your mouth...

LOL!!!!!! That may be the best one-liner in this site's history.

For the life of me, I just can't geta handle on the Parcels has to go school of thought. I guess that's material for another post.

Here's why it is in the Cowboys best interest for Parcels to return in 2007. Even if its under the premise of this being his last year. Win lose or draw.

We are much much too close to upset the apple cart. Continuity, staying on the path (all be it with the proper adjustments), is our best opportunity for a Superbowl in 2007.

Bringing an exceptable replacement from outside the organization would almost certainly create to0 much turmoil to expect great things this year.

I don't see the right replacement within the organization. At least not one that wouldn't smell like a Jones puppet.

I could go on for two pages about how good a coach Parcels is, how much he's done for this team and how lucky we have been/are to have him.
Just don't have the time.

I'll leave with this thought. Parcels as a "lame duck coach" is a very very good thing. Especially for this team at this paticular time.

The potential job opening in 2008 might just help us get the best DC. Someone with big time credibility who hopes to throw their hat in the ring for head coach in 2008.

The last year/lame duck thing will create an all in mentality for 2007.
From Jerry on down to the practice squad players.
This is the correct mentality to have when you as close as we are.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1319336 said:
Oh, that's easy--

1) I expect another offseason of sound personnel moves, which will address some of the more glaring holes on the roster (and there aren't that many)...

2) Romo should start the entire season (barring injury), and will almost certainly benefit from his playing time this year...

This assumes that he's certain to quit after next year... got some inside info that's the case, do you??

Given that Jerry's a little closer to the situation, and quite probably a lot smarter than you are, I'll trust him to make a decision on that one...
BP sure did a fine job of fixing up that offensive line. This is all a sad attempt to salvage BP's precious "legacy". I want no part of it.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1319338 said:
This coming from a Parcells apologist. LOL

Skin

Reaction score
silverbear;1319332 said:
I would, but it's pretty clear you wouldn't be able to grasp the simple logic... so go right ahead and stick pins in your Parcells doll, if it floats your boat...

Will do...thanks Forrest.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
I think you Parcels must go guys have a problem with risk and uncertainty.
You just have to have everything safe and secure.
I feel like I'm taliking to a bunch of women here.

Let me let you in on a little secret.........risk is a good thing.

Pressure is also a good thing. Pressure creates diamonds.

This a has historically been one of Parcels' secrets to success. He creates an atmosphere of uncertainty. Amongst players and more importantly coaches.

He doesn't want players and coaches fat and happy. He doesn't want them comfortable. Do you?

What type of atmosphere do you think will exist amongst the coaching staff with Parcels back for one year?

Do you think these guys might just put in their absolute best effort?

They're all gonna be looking for new jobs in 2008. Either with the Cowboys under a new head coach or with some other franchise.

You do know that coaches on Suberbowl Champions tend not to have that hard a time finding employment. Position coaches tend to get coordinator positions and coordinators tend to get head coaching jobs.

Superbowl or not, these coaches will still be motivated to create a presentable body of work for the next boss!

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
LOL. I'll keep on waiting for a Super Bowl win with BP in charge. Never gonna happen. The game has passed him by. Man, are you ever a true believer.

Skin

Reaction score
sonnyboy;1319509 said:
I think you Parcels must go guys have a problem with risk and uncertainty.
You just have to have everything safe and secure.
I feel like I'm taliking to a bunch of women here.

Let me let you in on a little secret.........risk is a good thing.

Pressure is also a good thing. Pressure creates diamonds.

This a has historically been one of Parcels' secrets to success. He creates an atmosphere of uncertainty. Amongst players and more importantly coaches.

He doesn't want players and coaches fat and happy. He doesn't want them comfortable. Do you?

What type of atmosphere do you think will exist amongst the coaching staff with Parcels back for one year?

Do you think these guys might just put in their absolute best effort?

They're all gonna be looking for new jobs in 2008. Either with the Cowboys under a new head coach or with some other franchise.

You do know that coaches on Suberbowl Champions tend not to have that hard a time finding employment. Position coaches tend to get coordinator positions and coordinators tend to get head coaching jobs.

Superbowl or not, these coaches will still be motivated to create a presentable body of work for the next boss!

Listen here sonnyboy, your argument is completely flawed. Keeping Parcells is not a risk...he is the safe pick. He's like a security blanket. Firing him and bringing in another leader is a risk.

We will agree to disagree about his effectiveness and his ability to create an effective environment for success. As I have stated in earlier posts and to friends, I think Bill is past his prime, but I will support him if he comes back and be deliriously happy if he is able to bring home success in the playoffs. Time will tell.

silverbear

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1319402 said:
BP sure did a fine job of fixing up that offensive line.

Yeah, that was a tactical error... but the Boys had a whole bunch of holes that needed filling, and Rome wasn't built in a day... he seemed to be more focused on building the defense...

I rather expect that he'll make a bit more of an effort to address that deficiency this time around...

This is all a sad attempt to salvage BP's precious "legacy".

Oh yeah, I'm sure Jerry stays up nights worrying about Parcells' "legacy"... ROTFLMAO...

I want no part of it.

You say that like you think you have some say in the matter... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1319518 said:
LOL. I'll keep on waiting for a Super Bowl win with BP in charge. Never gonna happen.

You keep saying that, but you never seem to offer anything to back it up... I hate to tell you this, but your credibility on this board is a long way from the point where your opinion is accepted without question, just because it comes from you...

Frankly, all you're doing is ranting because you're pissed off... however, there is an entertainment factor to your rants, it's always funny watching somebody rant on and on and on and on and on and... well, you get the picture...

blindzebra

Reaction score
Chan Gailey-

2 games above .500
2 playoff appearances
0 playoff wins
1 division title
0 losing seasons

Bill Parcells-

2 games above .500
2 playoff appearances
0 playoff wins
0 division titles
1 losing season

Campo's teams were 15-33, but 17 of those losses were by a TD or less...and poor Dave was hamstrung by "Bad Jerry", cap hell from trying to win another Super Bowl, trading away 2 first round picks, and making hires like Coslett as OC...but Scrappies teams played hard for him.

Parcells has given us 4 straight late season collapses...a roller coaster of effort from him, we see glimpses of the old Parcells, but they last for 4 or 5 games only for sullen and bewildered new Parcells to reappear.

He has almost complete control, tons of cap room to work with yet here we are once again coming off a bitter end with him pondering coming back or not.

Well this team needs a coach where it doesn't take a month every offseason to decide if he's coming back...think about it, just what kind of message does that send the team? How are we to expect them to not quit when every season they don't know if their coach is going to quit too?

For a HOF coach what Parcells is doing is a disgrace...we have more talent, but I'll be damned if he isn't wasting it...enough is enough.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Skin;1319560 said:
Listen here sonnyboy, your argument is completely flawed. Keeping Parcells is not a risk...he is the safe pick. He's like a security blanket. Firing him and bringing in another leader is a risk.

We will agree to disagree about his effectiveness and his ability to create an effective environment for success. As I have stated in earlier posts and to friends, I think Bill is past his prime, but I will support him if he comes back and be deliriously happy if he is able to bring home success in the playoffs. Time will tell.

My arguement is not completely flawed. Viewing one more year of Parcels as the safe or risky play has to do with your own perspective.

I was just speaking to the peolpe whom I preceive to have a problem with not knowing right now that Parcels is returning.
They seem to have a problem with risk and uncertainty.

That's how I viewed those against signing TO. They were to scared at the downside of TO. Who cares if he may be the best at his position, he may hurt our team. Boo Hoo! People don't like him and now they wont like us!

Here's how I look at the league.
Every December you can break the league down to three categories:

Pretenders - for the most part these teams miss the playoffs a few sneak in.

Contenders - these teams not only make the playoffs, but are considered to be one of the teams that can actually win the superbowl.

Superbowl Champion - this one contender had just the right combination of talent, and luck(health) to actually win the thing.

My point is that in Parcels previous three stops he has turned pretenders into no less than contenders.
That's all you can realistically ask a coach to do. Get the team to contender status and let fate do the rest.
We we're damn close to contender status this year.
I say give him one more year to get it done.

Skin

Reaction score
silverbear;1319628 said:
You keep saying that, but you never seem to offer anything to back it up... I hate to tell you this, but your credibility on this board is a long way from the point where your opinion is accepted without question, just because it comes from you...

Frankly, all you're doing is ranting because you're pissed off... however, there is an entertainment factor to your rants, it's always funny watching somebody rant on and on and on and on and on and... well, you get the picture...

I've been reading this board for some time and have not posted until recently and I don't think longevity and volume necessarily equals credibility.

Hey, I'm PO-ed about the season and results...aren't you? Just because you don't want Bill gone that doesn't make you right and vice versa. I can have an honest disagreement with you and I don't have to "back it up," nor do you.

This is all a big of waste time, but when I read insults and quotes about "mediocre minds," I am reminded of the quote: "Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact."

I've been guilty of having nothing to say myself, but reading this board, I can see I've got a lot of company.

Skin

Reaction score
sonnyboy;1319665 said:
My arguement is not completely flawed. Viewing one more year of Parcels as the safe or risky play has to do with your own perspective.

I was just speaking to the peolpe whom I preceive to have a problem with not knowing right now that Parcels is returning.
They seem to have a problem with risk and uncertainty.

That's how I viewed those against signing TO. They were to scared at the downside of TO. Who cares if he may be the best at his position, he may hurt our team. Boo Hoo! People don't like him and now they wont like us!

Here's how I look at the league.
Every December you can break the league down to three categories:

Pretenders - for the most part these teams miss the playoffs a few sneak in.

Contenders - these teams not only make the playoffs, but are considered to be one of the teams that can actually win the superbowl.

Superbowl Champion - this one contender had just the right combination of talent, and luck(health) to actually win the thing.

My point is that in Parcels previous three stops he has turned pretenders into no less than contenders.
That's all you can realistically ask a coach to do. Get the team to contender status and let fate do the rest.
We we're damn close to contender status this year.
I say give him one more year to get it done.

I respect your point of view and if he comes back, I hope you're right.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
blindzebra;1319652 said:
Chan Gailey-

2 games above .500
2 playoff appearances
0 playoff wins
1 division title
0 losing seasons

Bill Parcells-

2 games above .500
2 playoff appearances
0 playoff wins
0 division titles
1 losing season

Gailey inherited Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Daryal Johnston, Herschel Walker, Larry Allen, Nate Newton, Mark Tuinei, Erik Williams, Tony Casillas, Leon Lett, Deion Sanders, Brock Marion, Darren Woodson, Tony Tolbert, Chad Hennings, and Bill Bates.

Gailey took a team with many superbowl players and won zero playoff games. His short career as an NFL head coach wasn't anything to write home about. He sank with the ship. He was 10-6 his first year and dropped to 8-8 his second and final year. (making him 4 games over 500 not 2) The best players he drafted were Greg Ellis (zero pro-bowls) and Flozell Adams. While Flozell did make the pro-bowl, he has in no way every proved to be a great player over time. He also drafted Dat Nguyen, but he was more a fan favorite than a great player.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1319623 said:
Yeah, that was a tactical error... but the Boys had a whole bunch of holes that needed filling, and Rome wasn't built in a day... he seemed to be more focused on building the defense...

I rather expect that he'll make a bit more of an effort to address that deficiency this time around...

Oh yeah, I'm sure Jerry stays up nights worrying about Parcells' "legacy"... ROTFLMAO...

You say that like you think you have some say in the matter... :D
BP apologist.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Skin;1319694 said:
I respect your point of view and if he comes back, I hope you're right.

From your libs to gods ears.
I don't profess to know anything for sure.
I hope it works out as well.