We All Know BP Is Staying

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
summerisfunner;1320051 said:

I'm going to tell you this, just ONE MORE TIME!

NEVER SAY YOU ARE SORRY!

In other words, don't put yourself into a situation where you have to say, "I'm sorry...."

Being sorry is for losers! Winners never say, "I'm sorry..."!

;)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1319953 said:
As coherent and cogent and intelligent as your posts can and will be, when I see someone post "you just aparently don't know enough about the game of football to understand . . . " me eyes glaze over lad. Enough of the negativity. I say we all break out a keg and those limon flavored potato chips and just chill.

Has it occurred to you that my insults were in response to all that negativity??

Everyone here has good posts and not-so-good posts. But to call out someone as not knowledgable is like slapping me dear old mom, SpongeBob.
Off with you and don't come back until you apologize to Patrick!!!!

LOL... yeah, that'll happen... you see, I truly do believe that those who are so fired up to get rid of Parcells are ignoring the history of the Dallas Cowboys, and the lessons we could learn from that history... mostly, that lesson is it takes patience to develop a consistent winner...

I like the silver bear totem.

I don't, but they made me do away with my animated cartoon bear... grrrrrrrrr...

silverbear

Reaction score
Skin;1320016 said:
Thanks for this post. I get my dander up when I people start talking about how much smarter they are than me. Heck, it might be true, but I don't want to hear it.

Hey, if you don't like having your intellect disparaged, perhaps you should stop doing it your own self... go back and read your first response to me in this thread, before I'd said word one to you... here are some of your insults, that provoked mine in return:

"Please enlighten us on why it's a good thing oh mighty god of football knowledge"

"but then we are just not on a higher plane of knowledge like you."

All of this because I dared to insult a poster who has become OBSESSED with the "Parcells must go" rants...

Given those quotes from YOU, I'd say your complaints about my insulting your intelligence (especially when I hadn't directed word one your way) ring kind of hypocritical, don't you think??

Face it, you got pissed because you didn't like what I was saying, and decided to try to piss me off in the process... which is absolutely NO DIFFERENT from what I was doing to Philo-- except you failed in your attempt...

Nope, you don't have the moral high ground here...

If we're going to question the intellect of fans, let's make sure we direct those comments at the appropriate audience: Eagle fans.

H*ll, even Philo's smarter than THAT... :D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1319150 said:
And that's NOT good news. I for one want him to move on, I've seen enough. Time for someone else. BP has accomplished relatively nothing in 4 long years.

I'm so over Bill. I couldn't care less what he does at this point in time.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
dmq;1319155 said:
Nothing? Why don't you look at our roster 4 years back.

Name GP TOT OWR OPR YDS TD
Flozell Adams 16 0 0 0 0 0
Keith Adams 6 0 0 0 0 0
Larry Allen 6 0 0 0 0 0
Antonio Bryant 16 3 0 0 0 0
Quincy Carter 7 5 0 0 -8 0
Dexter Coakley 16 0 0 1 1 0
Javiar Collins 9 0 1 0 0 0
Billy Cundiff 16 0 0 0 0 0
Woodrow Dantzler 5 2 0 0 0 0
Keith Davis 8 0 0 0 0 0
Tony Dixon 16 0 0 0 0 0
Char-ron Dorsey 1 0 0 0 0 0
Mario Edwards 15 0 0 1 0 0
Ebenezer Ekuban 16 0 0 2 2 0
Greg Ellis 15 0 0 0 0 0
Demetric Evans 4 0 0 0 0 0
Filip Filipovic 9 0 0 0 0 0
Joey Galloway 16 2 2 0 0 0
Kelvin Garmon 5 0 0 0 0 0
Aaron Gibson 1 0 0 0 0 0
La'roi Glover 16 0 0 0 0 0
Dwayne Goodrich 11 0 0 0 0 0
Jeff Grau 16 0 0 0 0 0
Andre Gurode 14 0 0 0 0 0
Troy Hambrick 16 2 0 0 -8 0
Kevin Hardy 16 0 0 0 0 0
Duane Hawthorne 11 0 0 0 0 0
Pete Hunter 11 0 0 0 0 0
Chad Hutchinson 9 12 1 0 0 0
Jermaine Jones 3 0 0 0 0 0
Micah Knorr 7 0 0 0 0 0
Matt Lehr 13 0 0 0 0 0
Mike Lucky 16 0 0 0 0 0
Louis Mackey 15 0 1 0 0 0
Marques Mcfadden 4 0 0 0 0 0
Tony Mcgee 16 0 0 0 0 0
Jason Mckie 1 0 0 0 0 0
Jeremy Mckinney 3 0 0 0 0 0
Michael Myers 16 0 0 1 3 0
Dat Nguyen 8 0 0 0 0 0
John Nix 14 0 0 0 0 0
Brandon Noble 16 0 0 1 0 0
Solomon Page 15 0 0 0 0 0
Ken-yon Rambo 16 3 1 0 0 0
Derek Ross 14 0 0 0 0 0
Darnay Scott 15 0 0 0 0 0
Lynn Scott 14 0 0 0 0 0
Emmitt Smith 16 3 2 0 0 0
Markus Steele 13 0 0 0 0 0
Reggie Swinton 14 1 1 0 0 0
Robert Thomas 15 0 0 0 0 0
Ross Tucker 7 0 1 0 0 0
Kurt Vollers 1 0 0 0 0 0
Tyson Walter 10 0 0 0 0 0
Colston Weatherington 3 0 0 0 0 0
Bryant Westbrook 1 0 0 0 0 0
James Whalen 16 0 2 0 0 0
Michael Wiley 16 0 1 0 0 0
Randal Williams 11 0 0 0 0 0
Roy Williams 16 0 0 3 0 0
Darren Woodson 10 0 0 1 2 0
Peppi Zellner 16 0 0 0 0 0
yeah,isn't it amazing that the talent is alot better on this team now,then that first team he had in 2003,but the results are not as good.That should tell you something.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
It's like when Jerry Jones got rid of Jimmy Johnson,and said that anyone of 500 coaches could coach this team,well anyone of 500 coaches could accomplish what Parcells has in his 4 years here.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1319739 said:
From 15-33 in the Campo era to 34-30 in the Parcells era...

Clearly, to say "we've gone nowhere" is nothing less than asinine...
34-30----Wow! Sign BP to a lifetime contract at 10 mil. per year! BP has done nothing but dissapoint since he's been here. Are you in love with BP? LOL

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1319744 said:
And the nucleus of the team that won the Super Bowl the season before was still pretty much intact... that 6-10 record was largely the result of Switzer letting the inmates run the asylum, not an indication the Cowboys had suddenly fallen off the cliff (talent-wise)...
LOL. So it's all Switzer's fault. You strike me as a knee jerk Switzer hater. Switzer brought a Super Bowl win, where's BP's?

silverbear

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1320389 said:
34-30----Wow! Sign BP to a lifetime contract at 10 mil. per year!

Make more sense than firing him because you're pissed off that you're not getting the immediate, childlike gratification that you seem to desperately crave...

BP has done nothing but dissapoint since he's been here.

Or perhaps your expectations have been ridiculously high since the guy came on board...

Are you in love with BP? LOL

Did he poison your girlfriend and sleep with your dog??

Listen, we can swap insults all day long, but all that proves is that you can't hang with me arguing the FACTS... but your real problem is, I'm better at slingin' insults than you are, besides being clearly more knowledgeable about the game of football...

And I'm considerably more tenacious than you are... which all means that no matter how hard you try, you're not ever gonna be able to get over on me, and you're not ever gonna be able to piss me off...

Frankly, I wear the contempt of the likes of you as a badge of honor... maybe if you were somebody I respected, I'd care about your insults, but you're not...

So keep on woofin', wild man... it'd piss you off to know how much fun I'm having messing with your mind...

silverbear

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1320391 said:
LOL. So it's all Switzer's fault. You strike me as a knee jerk Switzer hater.

Nope, when Switzer came on board the Cowboys badly needed a more laid-back coach... for all his greatness, Jimmy Johnson burned players out with his rigid intensity... that's the real reason Jimmy never stayed with any one team too long...

But eventually, the players started taking advantage of Switzer's "look the other way" approach, and when he didn't put an immediate stop to that insubordination, the players lost all respect for him... so he had to go, too...

IOW, he was OK for a coupla years, but then his act got old... that said, the Cowboys never had a coach who was as much fun to watch giving an interview... I think I could hoist a coupla cold ones with him...

Hate Switzer?? Naw, I'll leave the hating to YOU... watching how it's made you insane is all the evidence I need that I don't need to be wasting my time hating on a football coach...

silverbear

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1320392 said:
LOL. Wow. And one & out in the playoffs again. I could see 8-8, too.

Chuckle... you don't even know if Parcells will be back or not, and you don't even know what personnel moves the Cowboys will make, and you're already willing to predict their record...

I stand in awe of the solid football knowledge you've brought to this board...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I wish I could be gentle about this, but the plain truth is, you're makin' a fool of yourself with your drooling, rabid anti-Parcells diatribes...

JPM

Reaction score
Forget TO, I got my popcorn out watching Bear.....

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1320634 said:
Nope, when Switzer came on board the Cowboys badly needed a more laid-back coach... for all his greatness, Jimmy Johnson burned players out with his rigid intensity... that's the real reason Jimmy never stayed with any one team too long...

But eventually, the players started taking advantage of Switzer's "look the other way" approach, and when he didn't put an immediate stop to that insubordination, the players lost all respect for him... so he had to go, too...

IOW, he was OK for a coupla years, but then his act got old... that said, the Cowboys never had a coach who was as much fun to watch giving an interview... I think I could hoist a coupla cold ones with him...

Hate Switzer?? Naw, I'll leave the hating to YOU... watching how it's made you insane is all the evidence I need that I don't need to be wasting my time hating on a football coach...
Switzer would be fun to hang out with!

zeromaster

Reaction score
Clove;1319954 said:
"Will he stay or will he go" - thats' the song of 2007, everybody join in, " will he stay or will he go"
"this indecision's killin me
if you don't want us set us free..."

And now Joe Strummer will lob a molotov cocktail at my PC.
:explode:

sjordan6

Reaction score
these BP threads are great!

I just read how the Dolphins just hired a coach and now that leaves the Raiders and Steelers looking for coaches.

At this stage I really cant see BP leaving because he will be putting Jerry is a very tough spot to try and hire a good coach when all the top prospects have been signed. I think Parcell has enough respect for Jerry to coach this last season and allow him to choose the best coach instead of settling for one.

BP is probably disappointed about this last season but I think he understands the situation and knows that it will be in the organization best interest for him to come back. I know that dealing with T.O. is weighing on him heavily but leaving now will actually be throwing jerry under the bus with alot of question marks about the upcoming season and draft.

He has allowed alot of assistants to leave and right now this is his team. He may have done alot to bring in fresh talent but he cant leave this team like this. He has to try one more ginn.