We Can And Will Win With Weeden

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit, he's just not a good QB. I hate to sound like a broken record. Game managers fold when they are out of their comfort zones. I can see ATL getting up early, Dallas having to come back and can't.

I'm not saying he's a good QB. We haven't seen him be a good QB for more than brief stretches. It's safest to assume he's not good.

But there are two ways to win the passing differential battle. Our OL and receivers can prop him up, and our defense has to chop Ryan down. And that's something that has a fair chance of happening. ATL is a decent team, but theyre beatable.

RunDMC

Reaction score
It'd be a miracle if Weeden got us to .500.

You do realize Dallas is 2-0 right? To go .500 in Romo's absence all Weeden would have to go is 3-4. Hardly a miracle. Look at our schedule. Realistically who is it that's unbeatable? Nobody really. The Giants are 1-2, Seahawks and Eagles 0-2, Pats 2-0, Saints 0-2 and likely gonna be 0-3 with Brees out, Bucs, and the Falcons.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
I sure hope so. I'm going to the game Sunday. I went to the game against the Cards last year. It wasn't fun. To make matters worse, there were a bunch of AZ fans sitting right in front of me bashing the Cowboys the whole time. They said, "They are trading Dez Bryant jerseys for 2 Taco Bell tacos on the way out". :laugh:

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Romo looked old Sunday prior to being hurt.His back was bothering him.He was never ever going to make 16 games.I still say this guy will make you forget Romo.Father time has not been kind to Romo.He is a little smaller and more frail than Aikman, this guy has a major league arm and he ran for a first down it has been awhile since Romo could do that.He may not have the brain that Romo does but his body seemed fresher.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo looked old Sunday prior to being hurt.His back was bothering him.He was never ever going to make 16 games.I still say this guy will make you forget Romo.Father time has not been kind to Romo.He is a little smaller and more frail than Aikman, this guy has a major league arm and he ran for a first down it has been awhile since Romo could do that.He may not have the brain that Romo does but his body seemed fresher.

Brandon Weeden will make you forget about Tony Romo.

I am thisclose to getting banned here.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm digging the positive vibes for Weeden. We have to make the most out of this sorry hand we've been dealt here. No other team could survive such devastating loses in personnel, we may not either but I believe we will. Old Chinese curse... may you live in interesting times. We got that covered.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm going one step further.....

I'm going to say that Weeden thrives behind that offensive line. If you can give a strong arm quarterback enough time to get his receivers down the field then he will destroy a defense.

Not only would that give the Cowboys a great record and play off position, but imagine the value of having a backup quarterback playing at a Pro Bowl level after the season around draft time.

A season after Roger Staubach became the starter, the Cowboys traded their former starter Craig Morton. Morton was a former 1st rounder and was traded to the Giants for their 1st round pick. The Giants ended up 2nd to last in their regular season and the Cowboys ended up with the #2 overall pick.

They used that pick to select Hall of Famer DT Randy White.

I like to imagine a scenario where the Cowboys trade a far more valuable Weeden and perhaps a pick to move up to the top and select the best QB coming out. He sits behind Romo for a year maybe two and becomes the starter upon Romo's retirement.

You never know...

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Weeden is what we've got, but please don't talk yourself into him.

I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach. What else can you do? If he's the same guy he's always been, we'll be hard pressed to win 2 games. If he's even close to average? We'll do pretty well with the team we have around him.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach. What else can you do? If he's the same guy he's always been, we'll be hard pressed to win 2 games. If he's even close to average? We'll do pretty well with the team we have around him.

Exactly. I'm expecting the worst from him. If we get more that'd be great. I haven't forgotten how bad he was prior to coming here and how bad he's been since he's been here. Blind faith that he's magically better because he "has time in the system" or some other intangible idea is just ridiculous.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Well Weeden me reminds me of the coach.He will look great for a couple of weeks.He is going deep and will get some long ball tds.Then about week three they go back to cover II and then the coaches have to adjust.Remember when Garrett played.He really could throw a great intermediate ball.It gave teams fits for a week or two then they adjusted , they we had to reinvent ourselves.Weeden will be scary good.There is very little tape on him regular season, bet we got some of those ants on a sugar hill kind of plays.Watch Sunday it will make you remember Troy Aikman.This guy has a cannon arm he was born for the deep ball.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well Weeden me reminds me of the coach.He will look great for a couple of weeks.He is going deep and will get some long ball tds.Then about week three they go back to cover II and then the coaches have to adjust.Remember when Garrett played.He really could throw a great intermediate ball.It gave teams fits for a week or two then they adjusted , they we had to reinvent ourselves.Weeden will be scary good.There is very little tape on him regular season, bet we got some of those ants on a sugar hill kind of plays.Watch Sunday it will make you remember Troy Aikman.This guy has a cannon arm he was born for the deep ball.

Brandon Weeden will bring back memories of Troy Aikman as he makes you forget about Tony Romo.

I can't take much more of this #$%#.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weeden could lead us to a Super Bowl and I wouldn't forget Romo.

Wow just wow.

My stance on Romo would get laughed at around the league with the distorted perception of him.

I think he may be the best QB to ever play here. At the least, he's right there with the other two.

In another time or place, he could have a fist full of rings.

He's elite and I've been blessed to be able to watch his career. In the right colors, of course.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Brandon Weeden is Brandon Weeden on Sunday, it'll be Matt Cassel being talked up next week.

What's scary is our run game is already struggling. Now you have Weeden under center. You can either try to protect him with a conservative passing game, allowing defenses to get more nosey at the line of scrimmage and making running the ball even tougher. Or you can take your chances and try to stretch the field with his big arm and bad decision making.

I will piss and moan about him right up until kickoff and then I'll root like hell for him like he's always been my guy.