We made the Dallas News and Bleacher Report...

ksadler1

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Jerry knowing fans are tired of him trotting out the SOS year after year. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking that Jerry really gives a crap what we think. He's not one bit concerned when he looks into the stands and sees ALOT of opposing team fans. The only color Jerry sees is green. The only time Jerry gets upset is when he sees empty seats.....

Last edited:

wilfred

Reaction score
giphy.gif
This was a team effort!! We did it!! I'm proud of you all!!

plymkr

Reaction score
The board is being read by people to gather information. Nice, I always wanted to be a sports writer.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If I....were King, of the Mountain. Not Duke, not Earl...but King:

wizard-oz-stills-33388.jpg

The Cowboys are still my team! I bite my tongue when things might just lead to purely insulting their dignity. They still put all on the line, each and every game...and I'm NO ring taper for vanity.

I never realized how creepy the Tin Man looks.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Heres my take on this article being published.
I came to this country in 1986, and became a Cowboys fan right away. Even though I knew nothing of American football at that time.
The narrative about Dallas and it's fans has always been - fairweather fans. Would rather be seen at the games then actually really root for the team.
That is why we still to this day have no home field advantage...

Maybe that is finally changing, that fact that a story comes out about this forum. And the negativity at this stage is a good thing.
Instead of ambivalence, people are starting to voice their displeasure.
20 years of mediocrity may have finally got people to respond. Is it a small thing really ?
Yes, but it's far better than the alternative of oh well, it will get better some day.
Being passionate and voicing our opinions about the team we love is not a bad thing.
I know, I'm guilty of it as much as anyone.

If supporters of this team are finally made enough, then the counties opinion of Dallas fans may begin changing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I never realized how creepy the Tin Man looks.

I think what makes him look creepy in that shot was he was attempting to pass gas for the first time in ages but couldn't due to all the rust and corrosion that had built up in his pipes. He was probably too embarrassed to have anyone squirt some oil down there.

yimyammer

Reaction score
unless you want a couple dozen threads about 'Jerry sucks' at the top of every board in every forum, you have to provide direction for the discussions.

If the disdain of jerri by fans made the DMN as a standalone article and got under his skin, that would make it worth it to me. After all, if the shoe fits...

Junglist

Reaction score
The narrative about Dallas and it's fans has always been - fairweather fans. Would rather be seen at the games then actually really root for the team.
That is why we still to this day have no home field advantage...

Do you actually go to the games?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes, I have.
As I said, the narrative is - does it always apply ?
No, but don't be blind to the fact that it is out there ...

Loved my attendance in the new stadium. The fans that I met around our seats, put trust in my wife and me.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I see no issue with the moderation. What the staff is trying to stop is scenarios like this.

Poster A: Who do you guys think we should draft at 4?

Poster B: It doesn't matter, Jerry will just mess up the pick. What in the last 20 years makes you confident that this FO will do something right?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see no issue with the moderation. What the staff is trying to stop is scenarios like this.

Poster A: Who do you guys think we should draft at 4?

Poster B: It doesn't matter, Jerry will just mess up the pick. What in the last 20 years makes you confident that this FO will do something right?

That's exactly right.

And once you're read "Poster B's" response 947 times... just about everyone on the board from homers, to mid-liners, to mods to even many of the "realist" fans are sick of seeing it.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Loved my attendance in the new stadium. The fans that I met around our seats, put trust in my wife and me.

Good to hear man. Like I said, and not trying to call fans out, but that has been the narrative for quite a while now.
Over the 30 years I have been a fan, I've gone to games all over the country and our old Stadium. Have not made it to our new stadium yet - bucket list tho.
My point is that maybe that narrative IS finally starting to change.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Exactly. It's not a free speech issue, in any event. This is a private forum, and people simply don't have the right to say whatever it is they want. It's a content curation issue. If you cultivate weeds in every garden, you get weeds in every garden. If you want very specific types of conversations in some places and allow what occurs naturally to happen in other places, you have to actively cultivate that.

People will complain about their 'rights' to say 'blarrrggh! Jerry Sucks!' in every thread whether it's relevant or not, but the reality is, unless you want a couple dozen threads about 'Jerry sucks' at the top of every board in every forum, you have to provide direction for the discussions.

Similar things happen with the content on every single successful community on the internet, everywhere.

Sounds good.....

But all of this can be achieved without moderator threats. And that's not happening. :rolleyes:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Jerry has forgot more about football than anyone on here...and I mean that in a positive way...as to what he still knows is still more than what most knows...
I would challenge anyone on here to have a sit down talk / debate with Jerry about football....my bet is on Jerry that wins it....
We have many of "experts" on "everything" so I bet Jerry would hang right there on salary cap, X's & O's, player positions and what it means, and how they are used.

Oh brother. Jerry may know the business side of the NFL better than any one but the ONLY times he has had ANY success being an owner is when his coaches were making most of the football decisions. That can't even be argued. When he has brought in his puppet coaches he has known nothing but failure on the field. Including his adopted son JG.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I saw your posts on the article... literally :laugh:

Well...I'm glad you can handle the truth. I don't harbor any ill will towards the CowboysZone....but the same thing is happening here as to what happened @ the Silver Star Digest.

Pretty sad really :(