We need to rest Ezekiel Elliott, entire OL, Dak, and Dez

Eddie

Reaction score
No way do we go 1-3 in our last 4 games and expect to have playoff success !!!

erod

Reaction score
ezekiel Elliott for the next two games. Rest entire offensive line and defense. Put Sanchez in. I would only play Dez for the half and I wouldn't even study gametape of phila or Detroit now. Our entire focus should be playoffs, the pressure on us will be enormous. Thoughts?
For a full month?

erod

Reaction score
And if Zeke blows out his knee or Dez in a meaningless game. Would be all time dumb
In 2014, Garrett played everybody in this situation.

Unless you're hurt, you play. I would play Romo some, too, just in case.

risco

Reaction score
ezekiel Elliott for the next two games. Rest entire offensive line and defense. Put Sanchez in. I would only play Dez for the half and I wouldn't even study gametape of phila or Detroit now. Our entire focus should be playoffs, the pressure on us will be enormous. Thoughts?
Sorry my friend- but this thread is crazy. So you would give them a break from live football action for 3 weeks and expect them to come in ready to play at a playoff level? Not likely, the team is too young for that to happen. They need to keep playing and I expect Jason to keep them all in this week and partly through the next week's game.

Reactions: BAT

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Anyone can be injured at any time, and there are no meaningless games.
  1. Stay sharp and keep momentum going
  2. We have rookies on both sides of the ball; playing to win vs Detroit is their first experience with playoff football as Detroit is playing for their division.
  3. Maybe you give Zeke the Philly game off, maybe, but Dak needs the work, as do the receivers.
  4. Rest the injured to get them to full strength if possible.
  5. Everyone gets the bye week off.
If you see how bye weeks often throw teams off, you definitely don't want you starters taking three weeks off and then playing a high stakes playoff game.

Reactions: BAT

erod

Reaction score
You would, but Garrett's not. And I agree with him.
You're scared because you know what would happen. That offense would hum like a Ferrari. Only question is if he can take a hit.

erod

Reaction score
Take it up with Garrett. But a #1 pick in a trade would be sooooo sweet.
Definitely agree there, but I'm not sure we get that.

With Dak so cheap right now, why not have the best QB situation in the NFL next year, too?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Definitely agree there, but I'm not sure we get that.

With Dak so cheap right now, why not have the best QB situation in the NFL next year, too
I'd rather get a #1 for him moving forward. That 1 could really help us get the best DE or fastest WR in the draft. Right now, Romo is on another team, you might as well get used to that.

erod

Reaction score
I'd rather get a #1 for him moving forward. That 1 could really help us get the best DE or fastest WR in the draft. Right now, Romo is on another team, you might as well get used to that.
That's not a certainty. What if they can only get a 3rd round pick?

If you want a 1 for him, you'd better showcase him now.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That's not a certainty. What if they can only get a 3rd round pick?

If you want a 1 for him, you'd better showcase him now.
If it's a blowout in any games, I have no problems showcasing him but it could back fire is what I'm worried about. Imagine a hurt Romo for the 5423512415 time, that would kill any draft value and our backup for the playoffs.

erod

Reaction score
If it's a blowout in any games, I have no problems showcasing him but it could back fire is what I'm worried about. Imagine a hurt Romo for the 5423512415 time, that would kill any draft value and our backup for the playoffs.

Other teams already imagine a hurt Romo, or they would have already offered a 1 for him.

The fear isn't playing him. The fear is that he would light it up. Then, you'd have a tricky situation.

That 12-2 record won't do us any good at kickoff in the playoffs. Everybody will be 0-0. Dak and Romo need to both be ready.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Right. That's how I see it too.

We pounded Washington 44-17 in the season finale in 2014 and Garrett kept a lot of the starters in well into the second half. He got criticized a little for doing that and leaving Murray in as long as he did. He responded back by saying that's the way we do things here. Don't think Garrett is going to be giving his blessings to any trips to Cabo prior to our playoff game.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
We pounded Washington 44-17 in the season finale in 2014 and Garrett kept a lot of the starters in well into the second half. He got criticized a little for doing that and leaving Murray in as long as he did. He responded back by saying that's the way we do things here. Don't think Garrett is going to be giving his blessings to any trips to Cabo prior to our playoff game.
and in 2014 we actually played well in the playoff games even though we came up short. I'll put that team up to the 2007 team anyday. You play to win the games.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
And if you guys paid attention in 2014 you'll recall Garrett isn't the take your foot off the gas pedal type of coach.

I don't necessarily agree to the extent but we'll play our starters heavily these two weeks.
Yes, and we even went for that inside kick against Washington just to keep pounding them into submission. That game didn't matter at all.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
and in 2014 we actually played well in the playoff games even though we came up short. I'll put that team up to the 2007 team anyday. You play to win the games.

We finished the 2014 season on a strong note pounding the Commanders and it carried into the playoffs. In 2007 we looked DREADFUL against Washington in the season finale. Our starters played a half and were awful especially Romo and we completely laid down once our backups came in. What angered me the most was Washington needed that game to make the playoffs and not only did we give them an easy pass in but we made sure we embarrassed ourselves in the process. Don't know if I've ever been more ANGRY after a Cowboys loss than I was after that one. :mad:

Brooksey

Reaction score
I would play Dak and Zeke in the first half then turn it over to Romo and Mcfadden. Rest Sean Lee in the second half as well. Everyone else should go