We will go as Dak goes

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s arguable.

I don’t think it’s a mere coincidence that both of our playoff seasons in Dak era were in Zekes league rushing titles. Any more than I think the most effective year Romo had was probably when Murray led league in rushing.
One helps the other, make no mistake about that

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our dysfunctional ownership has made the decision that we’d rather the season be over than bring in anyone who could pose a threat creating any type of controversy in Daks absence if we had success.

It’s a much easier sell as most teams seasons are over if their starter goes down. But a QB with recent injury history it appears a bigger risk than needed to take folding up the tent in the event.

But perhaps with a QB who just signed a 160 million deal it’s a safe decision for our FO. The last thing they want is another situation like they had in 2016.
uj2n1.jpg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well in Dak's case Bus Driver would be more applicable....

i082757.jpg
bus driver? you promoted him...good for you...I think you are coming around.

you are so Dak obsessed, that he may take a restrainign order against you...how much time do you spend making memes?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually, that isn't true.

The Cowboys will go as far as the defense will take them.
I hear ya but how far is this defense taking us without Dak and the backups we have at QB?

This thread intent was to be about more than the title. Sorry if it was misleading,

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It would be nice if they invested in a functional backup though...so if Dak goes out for 4-8 games, we have a shot still. This is especially true given his injury last year and shoulder this year. I'm all for Dak! I want him to lead us to a SB. I don't want him to get injured. But we've had too many years of no backups worth anything, including none behind Romo and it's a very old song. QB's get injured. You need someone behind them to be able to win some games so the season isn't trashed while the QB recovers.
Yep

We had that in our 90’s championship era with Buerlin and Kosar. Not sure why it hasn’t been more of a priority this era? Especially with QB’s coming off injuries.

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s arguable.

I don’t think it’s a mere coincidence that both of our playoff seasons in Dak era were in Zekes league rushing titles. Any more than I think the most effective year Romo had was probably when Murray led league in rushing.

IMO this goes without question. Dallas didn't have the greatest offense in 2016 nor did they have a particularly good defense. A balanced attack using a dynamic RB is what made them successful. All Dak had to do is play smart and not turn the ball over. Sounds easy but we know it isn't. He did a great job at that. But that was more Zeke than anything else.

The 2014 Cowboys were almost identical. 508 carries for 2354 yards. 2016 was 499 for 2396. Neither of those teams had good defenses. I'd say average at best and kept the offensive turnovers down.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yep

We had that in our 90’s championship era with Buerlin and Kosar. Not sure why it hasn’t been more of a priority this era? Especially with QB’s coming off injuries.

Buerlin and Kosar were adequate, but they had the luxury of the no. 1 offensive line, no. 1 defense (in Beuerline's case) and no.1 coach.

This team has none of that. So another Kosar or whatever probably isn't good enough, so doesn't matter who they get (unless Tom Brady decides to leave TB or Brees comes out of retirement, et al).

Dak goes down, we're screwed...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Buerlin and Kosar were adequate, but they had the luxury of the no. 1 offensive line, no. 1 defense (in Beuerline's case) and no.1 coach.

This team has none of that. So another Kosar or whatever probably isn't good enough, so doesn't matter who they get (unless Tom Brady decides to leave TB or Brees comes out of retirement, et al).

Dak goes down, we're screwed...
The bigger point is it doesn’t have to be that way. But you’re right, we are screwed which is the point. But by choice not design.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
he is so dak obsessed, its almost scary, stalking...he has no other posts but Dak and he spends so much time making meme's.....I am actually starting to feel a little sorry for him....but that was a fleeing feeling...
He doesn’t even try to hide it anymore . He even responds to general post about Trolls. Lol

He only exist because of his financial contributions which we are grateful for. The best kind of Troll who pays to be here :)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bus driver? you promoted him...good for you...I think you are coming around.

you are so Dak obsessed, that he may take a restrainign order against you...how much time do you spend making memes?
Take it easy on little pap smear.....he's like a scared pup from the pound, we have to love him, cradle him and nourish him. He'll come around.