Weather where you are

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Just took out the trash it is iced over here no snow but it could still happen looks like about 1/2 to 3/4 inches of ice In Idabel OK and it is still coming down

triplets_93

Reaction score
52662633098_eeeb1762e2_o.jpg

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I spent about 2 hours plowing our road. We had about 6-8 inches of snow in just a few hours. Fortunately, it was powder dry and easy to push. Temperatures are headed back to the more normal 20's today.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is an excellent display of how to, and how not to, handle those conditions.

You can clearly see the difference between those that panic and hit the brakes and those who try and drive out of the slide.
We lived and worked in Calgary for a few years before retiring. Every year, at the start of winter, those of us with company vehicles underwent a defensive driving course which included controlled skids on an icy, closed circuit road.

It is quite an experience to be put through a 360 or even 720 spin in a vehicle. One year, my instructor was, I swear, a soccer mom with just the right amount of mischievous streak. I was generally having a good time until she showed me pictures of my facial expressions during the skids.... not a good look.

:muttley:

triplets_93

Reaction score
Irving

Wednesday: A chance of freezing rain and sleet before 9am, then freezing rain. High near 32. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. Little or no sleet accumulation expected.

Wednesday Night: Freezing rain before 3am, then freezing rain, possibly mixed with rain. Low around 30. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible.

Thursday: A chance of rain or freezing rain before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 37. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.

Thursday Night: A chance of rain and snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. North northwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 49. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 32. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the evening.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
We lived and worked in Calgary for a few years before retiring. Every year, at the start of winter, those of us with company vehicles underwent a defensive driving course which included controlled skids on an icy, closed circuit road.

It is quite an experience to be put through a 360 or even 720 spin in a vehicle. One year, my instructor was, I swear, a soccer mom with just the right amount of mischievous streak. I was generally having a good time until she showed me pictures of my facial expressions during the skids.... not a good look.

:muttley:
I've seen that look on the passengers in my vehicle a time or two over the years. lol

jsb357

Reaction score
missed the worst of it...

too far south of DFW i guess.

another 5-6 degrees colder and it would have been a different story.

Creeper

Reaction score
NJ here. It's freakin' cold. We've had about a month of temps in the 40s and even a couple of days in the 50s. But now we are hitting single digits tonight and I hate it. At least we have not had any snow or ice.

triplets_93

Reaction score
NJ here. It's freakin' cold. We've had about a month of temps in the 40s and even a couple of days in the 50s. But now we are hitting single digits tonight and I hate it. At least we have not had any snow or ice.
Music to accompany the bitter Cold Blast to New England:

"The Winds of Thor are Blowing Cold, Cold, Cold, Cold, Cold...."

No Quarter - Led Zeppelin Original 1976 release