Week one and Dak Prescott

bigE79

Reaction score
Really guy?

So ya got knocked out or lost by a split decision is no different ,really? So if we would have got our butt kicked 32-3 that is the same as losing 32-29....really?

Alabama loses to Georgia, a mild surprise, but if Bama loses to Mercer.......WHAT?????????????????????

How ya lose and who to is a big deal, and it should be real obvious. What if we would have lost to Jacksonville?
we lost to the jets remember?
In the big picture, no one cares how you lost or who you lost to.. bottom line is weather you won or lost,I don't care if it was by 50 or 5,it's a loss... losing pretty doesn't do **** for me, or how good the stats were...this team has been losing pretty for many years and sick of people who argue about a players stats while we continue to lose.

RaZon

Reaction score
we lost to the jets remember?
In the big picture, no one cares how you lost or who you lost to.. bottom line is weather you won or lost,I don't care if it was by 50 or 5,it's a loss... losing pretty doesn't do **** for me, or how good the stats were...this team has been losing pretty for many years and sick of people who argue about a players stats while we continue to lose.

That simply isn't true at all. Who you beat and lose to is huge in sports, it's never.....no big deal a loss is a loss.That doesn't exist.

Why do we hear a guys record in a boxing or MMA battle, why does it matter? Why is it real important to beat those teams in your division?

Come on man, it's never been....a loss is a loss.

Beating Alabama is a hell of a lot different than beating Mercer.

Right now Oregon 7 Ohio State 0, how big a deal will it be if the Ducks win this game. yep....huge!!!! They beat Fresno State last week, see the difference? It's not....a win is a win....it is who did ya beat?

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Like babe said on the broadcast,we're something like 2-20 when losing at the half...that definitely isn't clutch qb material, actually that's freaking pitiful.

Never quote Babe on anything man.. Not only is he an idiot.. if he quoted that statistic he's quite simply wrong.. I'll let you look it up and come back with the real numbers.. They're out there.. just go look it up..

Batman1980

Reaction score
Never quote Babe on anything man.. Not only is he an idiot.. if he quoted that statistic he's quite simply wrong.. I'll let you look it up and come back with the real numbers.. They're out there.. just go look it up..

Dak is one of the best 4th quarter QBs in the NFL since 2015 so that stat has to be 100% incorrect.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak is one of the best 4th quarter QBs in the NFL since 2015 so that stat has to be 100% incorrect.

Yeah I don't know if Babe really said that or dude just misheard him but before he got hurt Dak was either first or second in the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks since entering the league meaning somebody is just making up dumb statistics to support their narrative. The kid is not just good in the clutch.. he's GREAT in the clutch.. Even against Tampa he handed the defense a lead with less than 1:30 to go.. But since the defense failed that makes Dak "not clutch." GTFOH..

RaZon

Reaction score
Dak put up over 400 yards and three TD;s on the road vs the SB Champs, curious to see if anyone else compares to that this week.

So as of right now.

1.Dak Prescott
2.Tom Brady

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not about that, it;s about a guy who makes more than any NFLer thinking he needs to be doing TV commercials for more $$$$. Really?

So you'd stand by and watch a player you guys need go over $$$$ knowing you could help?
Well dak wants to eat his cake and have it too.
he wants to make 40 mil a year, do all the commercials he can , and win a SB.
And if he doesnt win a SB then he can sit back and count all his money!

Now about the taking less to have a better player or 2, The only way I would take less is [ lets say I took 10-15 mil less] would be if I got to spend that
money on the players I wanted.
other wise you could take less money and the jones boys waste it on some goof balls they like.

Brady got to pick the players, he wanted gronk, and AB

People are greedy, they like to stack it up way past the point of need.
Look at Jerry, he has what 8 billion, and he is probably in a room somewhere trying to figure out how he can make more than he is making right now.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak put up over 400 yards and three TD;s on the road vs the SB Champs, curious to see if anyone else compares to that this week.

So as of right now.

1.Dak Prescott
2.Tom Brady
What if all the other elite QB's have worse stats than dak, but they all win week 1, what then??:huh:

zerofill

Reaction score
I totally agree in any other profession but a TEAM sport. The more I make the less we have to build the team around me, I don't ignore that. This can't be.....just about me.

You are referencing what basically is throw back players. You had players that actually lived and breathed football at
one point in this sport.

They really wanted a Super Bowl ring. Legacy was everything to some of those players.

Many players today "like" football. A Championship would be cool... But, getting as much as you can is more important to them.

Now I am not saying one way of thinking is better than the other. But, it is obvious in 2021 how much things have changed.

My way of thinking (will be turning 50 here in November) is much different than the way people think today. Especially those that are between 18-28 years old.

There is nothing you can do to change that.

Let's be honest as well... The teams and the NFL are responsible for this. If there was a cap on position pay, you wouldn't see every player spending
more time on trying to prove they are better than the other guy by salary.

Technically QB pay is just out of control and stupid. They aren't the position typically suffering form CTE years later.

But the teams, and the NFL showed them they could be like this, so they are like this.

RaZon

Reaction score
You are referencing what basically is throw back players. You had players that actually lived and breathed football at
one point in this sport.

They really wanted a Super Bowl ring. Legacy was everything to some of those players.
Q
Many players today "like" football. A Championship would be cool... But, getting as much as you can is more important to them.

Now I am not saying one way of thinking is better than the other. But, it is obvious in 2021 how much things have changed.

My way of thinking (will be turning 50 here in November) is much different than the way people think today. Especially those that are between 18-28 years old.

There is nothing you can do to change that.

Let's be honest as well... The teams and the NFL are responsible for this. If there was a cap on position pay, you wouldn't see every player spending
more time on trying to prove they are better than the other guy by salary.

Technically QB pay is just out of control and stupid. They aren't the position typically suffering form CTE years later.

But the teams, and the NFL showed them they could be like this, so they are like this.

Being honest....Dak came off looking greedy, why would he think he should be paid what SB winning QB 's make? He has no business making more than those guys.

THEN....to watch him selling anything that will pay him, just a bad look. What non winning SB QB is doing commercials? My bad....Baker Mayfield.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Bradshaw is very underrated in some fan's eyes. he called his own plays and played when you could basically put the quarterback in the hospital without a penalty.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
When was Romo making 40 mill a year on a team that needs players? Dak knows the more he makes the less we can pay others. A single dude really needs 40mil a year, ah.....why?

What do ya do with 40 milllion dolllars?
Why you so obsessed with another man's money? Who cares what he needs with that money, it's his.

As far as Domo not getting paid 40 million....... well no crap. The salary cap wasn't the same when Romo played. As everything goes up, so does the salary. You have to look at the percentage of the cap that player is taking up and this year Dak has a cap hit just over 20 million...... half of what you are claiming

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Being honest....Dak came off looking greedy, why would he think he should be paid what SB winning QB 's make? He has no business making more than those guys.

THEN....to watch him selling anything that will pay him, just a bad look. What non winning SB QB is doing commercials? My bad....Baker Mayfield.
That's not how salary works. The next guy up, that's a franchise guy, will get the market. In a year or two Daks salary will look like a bargain.

RaZon

Reaction score
Bradshaw is very underrated in some fan's eyes. he called his own plays and played when you could basically put the quarterback in the hospital without a penalty.

Bradshaw had 212 TD;s, 210INT's , his comp % a terrible 51.9, his passer rating a terrible 70.7

Yes in a bar fight no QB I'd rather have than Terry Bradshaw.

RaZon

Reaction score
That's not how salary works. The next guy up, that's a franchise guy, will get the market. In a year or two Daks salary will look like a bargain.

So why any hesitation at all since the next guy up MUST make ,more? What was Jerry thinking, apparently he had no choice. I would have pay ya 30 take it or adios.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bradshaw had 212 TD;s, 210INT's , his comp % a terrible 51.9, his passer rating a terrible 70.7

Yes in a bar fight no QB I'd rather have than Terry Bradshaw.

4 Superbowl RINGS silence any and I mean any critics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!