Week one and Dak Prescott

Nav22

Reaction score
I don't know if this guy is just really bad at math or trolling since Dak literally averaged almost 10 yards per completion last night.. This is a joke right?
He probably meant yards per ATTEMPT but he couldn’t even get that right.

Dak averaged 6.9 YPA last night, not 6.3.

So to answer your question, no, it wasn’t a joke. He’s just incredibly stupid.

Oh, and Dak’s career YPA is at 7.7. Tom Brady’s? 7.5.

So he failed on every single level with his new favorite troll stat.

Again: INCREDIBLY stupid.

RaZon

Reaction score
That is COMPLETELY wrong, at least in skilled labor markets.

While most people start in the same general area, the fact of the matter is, based off performance, two people doing the "same job" with the "same title" could be paid vastly different.

Hell, even for new hires, I have seen situations where the company was willing to pay 20% more than normal to get a specific guy in if he turned down the initial offer. But if an "average" candidate turned down the initial offer, we would not make a counter offer.

Have you ever heard of comp ratio? Let say the average salary for a particular position / title is $100k a year. A comp ratio is a range of pay that could be 20% higher and 20% lower than that average salary. So two people with the same title could be separated by $40k a year in salary difference. The lower employee would be making $80k a year (.80 or 80%) while the top end could be making $120k a year (1.2 or 120%).

Now if you want to talk about performance vs pay in the NFL. OK, cool, I feel ya on that.

But if you are crying because the MARKET for a specific position is too high, I couldn't care less.

Does anyone NEED $40 million a year? I would say no.
Am I upset that Dak makes $40 million a year as an NFL QB?
No. That is what QBs are paid, and well within the comp ration for the position, so good for the young man. And IMO, it he IS worth it.

Is Zeke worth his contract? .... maybe? maybe not?
Is Jaylon worth his contract? LOLz, you are funny if you think so.

All I'm saying is, if McDonalds decided to pay you $40 million a year, would you not take it?
I would hope you would jump at that opportunity. And if you have kids, that is generational wealth that can change everything.

Would I care if you made $40 million a year serving fries in the drive thru? Absolutely not.

The only reason I would care is if they started charging $40 for a Big Mac. In that case, I'll just go to Burger King and I wish you the best on holding onto the big salary.

I try not to worry about what other people are doing / making. I got enough problems of my own to deal with.
:thumbup:

Work with me here amigo.

So many jobs in this country pay for what that job pays, nothing personal about it at all. Not unlike what a QB makes compared to a guard. So cool all that silliness, ok? The manager makes more than the best burger maker in every fast food place.

The more ya pay your QB the less you have to pay the team around him, that is why I care. I care about the Cowboys not Dak.He can't be cool and realize the situation, hell, common sense.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson. Big Ben have all won a SB, and Dak makes more....huh????

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where’s @PAPPYDOG aka PapSmear? Back under the bridge where he belongs I hope.

It's Pappydog and ya I took the bait here.....

Once again we lost due to Dak's ineptness in the Red Zone.
The Bucs were kinda enough to give us 4 TO and we went 1-4 tries in the Redzone.
Even the refs got in on the fun trying their best to give us the win but Prescott once again fell short with yes another FIELD GOAL.
On the plus side, he was better passing under pressure as Tampa blitzed the whole game.
Now, this is just for you Rocky Homer ENJOY!

66438581.jpg

Cowboys LOSE!

RaZon

Reaction score
The Pats won all those Super Bowls because they had a top 5 defense more often than not. Wake me when some great player leaves because of Dak's deal. I strongly suspect that like Aikman and Romo before him, Dak will be restructuring his deal for the next 10 years to make sure the teammates the front office wants to keep are able to be retained. Brady made more last year than Dak had made in his entire career up until last season.. So the QB salary isn't the issue and never has been.

So Brady wasn't constantly redoing his $$$$$ to help out, sure he was. How many times have we heard......he doesn't need all that $$$$ because his wife makes...........plenty.

When we see Dak restructuring his $$$$$$, ok, cool.

And what a team pays it's QB is always an issue.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So are you saying I should reject my next raise?

I mean, if I make over $50k a year, don't you think a person making minimum wage (or $15/hr) might think $50k is a little excessive?

Hell, what if I had the skills to hold a job that pays $100k a year? $1 million? Should I say "yeah, I'll do the job, but please, for the love of life, don't pay me that much so we can hire more employees?"

Some people man.
:laugh:
It's not his money so he doesn't gaf. But if he were offered the same amount, he'd jump on it. He's a troll and goes on my troll list.

RaZon

Reaction score
Right out of the gate...

400 yards and 3 TD's and...........on the road vs the champs, talk about impressive.

So how can anyone have a better week one than that numbers wise?

Not a fan of starting out back to back on the road, that sucks.

RaZon

Reaction score
Funny how we read.....dump Zeke get out from under that contract......so now $$$$$ matters, hahaha!!!! So people do care how much somebody makes.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Work with me here amigo.

So many jobs in this country pay for what that job pays, nothing personal about it at all. Not unlike what a QB makes compared to a guard. So cool all that silliness, ok? The manager makes more than the best burger maker in every fast food place.

The more ya pay your QB the less you have to pay the team around him, that is why I care. I care about the Cowboys not Dak.He can't be cool and realize the situation, hell, common sense.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson. Big Ben have all won a SB, and Dak makes more....huh????
Just like a manager makes more than other position in the store, a QB makes more than any other position on the team.
Why is that? Because QBs, like Managers, have way more impact on the success of the team/business than a non-QB/non-manger person does.

Doesn't mean that non-QBs or non-Managers are not important. They just are not AS important when it comes to the success of the team/business.

The only "silliness" here is thinking that Dak is screwing over the Cowboys because he got a MARKET RATE DEAL.

I wonder if you would be crying if Dak got paid Josh Allen's or Dashawn Watson's deals.
Neither one of those guys have won a Super Bowl either, but they are making "Dak Money" (43 vs 40 vs 39) too.
While that is NOT more than Mahomes (who is the highest paid QB at the moment), they are paid more than Rodgers, Wilson and Ben. The only reason Rodgers, Wilson and Ben will never make as much as Dak, Josh or Watson is because they are older. Even then, I would not be surprised if Rodgers and Wilson get one more big deal each.

But they are "Super Bowl winners", so let look at QBs that have NOT won a Super Bowl, but are likely to get paid more than Dak/Allen/Watson ... and maybe even Mahomes.

I think Lamar Jackson will get paid more than Dak/Allen/Watson before he wins a Super Bowl. And that is probably true for Mayfield, Herbert, Murray, Burrow or any other young QB that is a "franchise QB". That how it works.

So if you want to blame anyone for "Dak not being cool" you need to blame NFL Teams and the NFLPA.
Dak or any QB could not sign for that much if no Team offered that kind of contract. That is simple supply and demand.
The price for a franchise QB wouldn't be so high if the NFLPA gave a crap about "fairness" and wanted every position to get paid the same.

THAT'S the common sense you seem to be missing.

So if you would like for me to "work with you amigo", then first grow up, get a grasp on reality, and realize that you opinion, like mine, does not freaking matter when it comes to NFL salaries. It is just what those people get paid, regardless if it is "fair", "good for the team" or whatever other silly excuse you can think of.

But that seems like that is a long shot at this point. Oh well.

RaZon

Reaction score
Just like a manager makes more than other position in the store, a QB makes more than any other position on the team.
Why is that? Because QBs, like Managers, have way more impact on the success of the team/business than a non-QB/non-manger person does.

Doesn't mean that non-QBs or non-Managers are not important. They just are not AS important when it comes to the success of the team/business.

The only "silliness" here is thinking that Dak is screwing over the Cowboys because he got a MARKET RATE DEAL.

I wonder if you would be crying if Dak got paid Josh Allen's or Dashawn Watson's deals.
Neither one of those guys have won a Super Bowl either, but they are making "Dak Money" (43 vs 40 vs 39) too.
While that is NOT more than Mahomes (who is the highest paid QB at the moment), they are paid more than Rodgers, Wilson and Ben. The only reason Rodgers, Wilson and Ben will never make as much as Dak, Josh or Watson is because they are older. Even then, I would not be surprised if Rodgers and Wilson get one more big deal each.

But they are "Super Bowl winners", so let look at QBs that have NOT won a Super Bowl, but are likely to get paid more than Dak/Allen/Watson ... and maybe even Mahomes.

I think Lamar Jackson will get paid more than Dak/Allen/Watson before he wins a Super Bowl. And that is probably true for Mayfield, Herbert, Murray, Burrow or any other young QB that is a "franchise QB". That how it works.

So if you want to blame anyone for "Dak not being cool" you need to blame NFL Teams and the NFLPA.
Dak or any QB could not sign for that much if no Team offered that kind of contract. That is simple supply and demand.
The price for a franchise QB wouldn't be so high if the NFLPA gave a crap about "fairness" and wanted every position to get paid the same.

THAT'S the common sense you seem to be missing.

So if you would like for me to "work with you amigo", then first grow up, get a grasp on reality, and realize that you opinion, like mine, does not freaking matter when it comes to NFL salaries. It is just what those people get paid, regardless if it is "fair", "good for the team" or whatever other silly excuse you can think of.

But that seems like that is a long shot at this point. Oh well.

I'm not missing anything guy, Dak makes too much $$$$$$ ,,,,ok? The guy has no wife no kids, come on man this is stupid. Have some class, don;t look like a greedy glutton for $$$$$.

He hasn't won a damn thing, so why be paid more than those who have?

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I'm not missing anything guy, Dak makes too much $$$$$$ ,,,,ok? The guy has no wife no kids, come on man this is stupid. Have some class, don;t look like a greedy glutton for $$$$$.

He hasn't won a damn thing, so why be paid more than those who have?
Yea you are quicking losing us fam...

Now, knowing all that was explained to you about market rates. Realistically how much did you want them to pay Dak?

bigE79

Reaction score
Well he out played THE GOAT tonight, which shocked me. Actually I saw nothing that looked like a guy who went thru what he did. He looked great!

So will his week one match up with Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen? Which is where most wanna put him, yep, among the elite.

Let's hold off on too much praise until we see what the other stud QB's put up.

As of right now he is numero uno, no doubt about it.
And all that means ****,we lost and that's the only thing that matters, this is not fantasy football where stats matter...bottom line we're o-1...end of story.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Prescott played very well but he didn't outplay the goat. Let's have it right. The interceptions thrown by both QBs weren't on them.

Ultimately, we had the ball in the last few minutes whereby a TD effectively wins the game and the offense failed to execute. TB needed a field goal to win and TB#12 got them in position and they won.
the last drive debacle is on Moore and MC....they botched managing that drive......

bigE79

Reaction score
Prescott played very well but he didn't outplay the goat. Let's have it right. The interceptions thrown by both QBs weren't on them.

Ultimately, we had the ball in the last few minutes whereby a TD effectively wins the game and the offense failed to execute. TB needed a field goal to win and TB#12 got them in position and they won.
Like babe said on the broadcast,we're something like 2-20 when losing at the half...that definitely isn't clutch qb material, actually that's freaking pitiful.

RaZon

Reaction score
And all that means ****,we lost and that's the only thing that matters, this is not fantasy football where stats matter...bottom line we're o-1...end of story.

If you can't see the difference in a 32-10 loss and a 32-29 loss I can't help ya.

bigE79

Reaction score
If you can't see the difference in a 32-10 loss and a 32-29 loss I can't help ya.
Does it make it better to lose pretty or win ugly? Apparently you like to lose pretty... If YOU can't understand that,then I definitely can't help you, doesn't matter how much you lose by,it's still a ****** loss...damn,you people and your fantasy stats.

RaZon

Reaction score
Does it make it better to lose pretty or win ugly? Apparently you like to lose pretty... If YOU can't understand that,then I definitely can't help you, doesn't matter how much you lose by,it's still a ****** loss...damn,you people and your fantasy stats.

Really guy?

So ya got knocked out or lost by a split decision is no different ,really? So if we would have got our butt kicked 32-3 that is the same as losing 32-29....really?

Alabama loses to Georgia, a mild surprise, but if Bama loses to Mercer.......WHAT?????????????????????

How ya lose and who to is a big deal, and it should be real obvious. What if we would have lost to Jacksonville?