CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Right now Dak is a better QB than Romo. Those who are wearing blinders obviously don't realize it but the Cowboys may have hit the Power Ball with Dak and it couldn't have been more evident than on the drives to tie the game and win the game in OT.

Dak faced one of the best pass rushes in the league last night and helped us overcome a 10 point deficit in the face of that pass rush. This kid is special! We wouldn't have won that game with Romo. I'm not even sure he would have survived the game.
Wow, where to begin...

First, unless Romo is just totally shot from his injuries, there is no way Dak is a better passer than him. I would not put Romo back in unless he is back to 100%, but if he can show that he's fully himself, he is the better QB.

Second, the idea that Dak won it last night but Romo couldnt have is ridiculius. Were you watching? Dak played terrible for the vast majority of the game. If we had better QB play early on, a comeback wouldn't have even been necessary because we would have won going away.

Third, your swipe at Romo supporters is way off the mark. I can think Dak is "special" and that we "hit the Powerball" in drafting him, and still think he has some serious developing to do. I can recognize his awesome poise and ability, while also believing Romo is the better quarterback and better option for a deep playoff run.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Wow, where to begin...

First, unless Romo is just totally shot from his injuries, there is no way Dak is a better passer than him. I would not put Romo back in unless he is back to 100%, but if he can show that he's fully himself, he is the better QB.

Second, the idea that Dak won it last night but Romo couldnt have is ridiculius. Were you watching? Dak played terrible for the vast majority of the game. If we had better QB play early on, a comeback wouldn't have even been necessary because we would have won going away.

Third, your swipe at Romo supporters is way off the mark. I can think Dak is "special" and that we "hit the Powerball" in drafting him, and still think he has some serious developing to do. I can recognize his awesome poise and ability, while also believing Romo is the better quarterback and better option for a deep playoff run.

I like and respect Romo but there is nothing in his past which suggests he is the best option for a long playoff run. He is 2-7 in win-or-go-home games.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
But doesn't he have a better record in lights shine bright games? All of the make believe stats are so confusing.

He can't have a better record than Dak's 6-1. Granted the sample size is small but I love the grit, poise, and determination we are seeing from the rookie. I would expect Dak to improve with experience as by all reports he studies and works hard.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I don't believe this team is a superbowl winning team with or without Romo, we don't have a good enough front 7.....so i think we should stick with Dak.....you gotta appreciate 6 game winning streak and counting.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I don't believe this team is a superbowl winning team with or without Romo, we don't have a good enough front 7.....so i think we should stick with Dak.....you gotta appreciate 6 game winning streak and counting.

Have you watched the NFC so far this year? I know it's early but name one team that scares you. NFC West is terrible overall. NFC South is Atlanta and a bunch of junk. Right now, the Vikings are being exposed as the weeks go on and the Packers are just average.

As of right now, the Cowboys are clearly the best team in the NFC. They have a shot to make some noise.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Have you watched the NFC so far this year? I know it's early but name one team that scares you. NFC West is terrible overall. NFC South is Atlanta and a bunch of junk. Right now, the Vikings are being exposed as the weeks go on and the Packers are just average.

As of right now, the Cowboys are clearly the best team in the NFC. They have a shot to make some noise.
I still think Seattle, Atlanta, and GB are the best the NFC offers....and with home field advantage we may have a good shot at....but no i can say we are better than NE cause I believe that's who will be representing the AFC

romothesavior

Reaction score

Yep. The NFC is just a bunch of mediocre teams this year. I doubt Dallas is as good as New England or Denver, but all they've gotta do is get to the Super Bowl, and then anything can happen.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
My vote to Romo, since we need to see if he can play or need to retire, one more break he should go out when he can! Also Dak is the future he still need to get some work to improve bad habits like incorrect footwork and throwing mechanism and accuracy . No need to throw him in the line of fire before he is completely ready , also all those unnecessary hits he is taking will take its tall , with a better understanding of what D is doing he can change the paly to get a lotwithout getting hit. Yday the playcalling let us down, we cant seem to have any answer , hot routes, screens or dump offs for them , with experience he can dodge these and convert into big plays.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well weren't good enough to win without him last season . so now we are? No credit to Dak what so ever..

Everyone wants to give Dak all the credit yet fail to realize that the run game last year was putrid. Correlation between 2014 & 2016? The run game. It has taken pressure off the QB and the defense. Romo was amazing in 14 and Dak is a full born stud 7 games in because of it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last week the voting was heavily toward Dak. This week Romo's leading. That just shows you how fly by the seat of your pants most fans are. They have no logic behind it. They believe one thing one week and the other the next week.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone wants to give Dak all the credit yet fail to realize that the run game last year was putrid. Correlation between 2014 & 2016? The run game. It has taken pressure off the QB and the defense. Romo was amazing in 14 and Dak is a full born stud 7 games in because of it.

It didn't feel like I was watching a full born stud yesterday. That QB looked like a camp cut for large portions of the game.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak faced one of the best pass rushes in the league last night and helped us overcome a 10 point deficit in the face of that pass rush. This kid is special! We wouldn't have won that game with Romo. I'm not even sure he would have survived the game.
If Romo were the QB, we wouldn't have been behind by 10 points. Dak only completed 19 passes. He is special but he really struggled for most of that game.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It didn't feel like I was watching a full born stud yesterday. That QB looked like a camp cut for large portions of the game.

I don't disagree he looked horrible most of the game. But you know what? He delivered in the end and for a 4th Rd pick he's played like a full blown stud. However that hasn't and won't change my opinion on this subject on Romo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Romo were the QB, we wouldn't have been behind by 10 points. Dak only completed 19 passes. He is special but he really struggled for most of that game.

What makes you think Romo survives Philly's pass rush last night? How do you know we don't get behind by 10 points with Romo? Does Romo not throw picks? Romo throws picks and he takes a lot of sacks. Romo has a history of compounding one bad throw with another. Not saying he would have done that last night but he does have a history of it. Some of Romo's worst games have come against a fierce pass rush, just go back to the Carolina game last season. He would have never gotten out of some of the jams Dak did last night and I'm not sure he would have gotten up from some the hits Dak took.

Romo is not the total package Dak is and I don't believe we've had a QB who's played as good under pressure as Dak since the days of Staubach and Aikman. The entire team has stepped up around him. I can't imagine how anyone would want to go back to Romo with the roll we're on right now with Dak at the helm. We've beaten 3 solid teams in a row and something is starting to look special about this team. That was probably Dak's worse game of the season but he still found a way to get it done on our last 2 drives. He's special!

Status
Not open for further replies.