CZ POLL Weekly Poll: Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start when healthy or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

aikemirv

Reaction score
These are games Dak needs. If Romo was retired, we couldn't go to someone else right now. Dak needs to stay where he's at and continue to learn, and he will. We're probably looking at future Super Bowl winning QB and guys want to mess it up for unclutch, broken down Tony Romo?

Go spread your unclutch crap somewhere else because the record shows he is as clutch as there has been in his time in the NFL!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Go spread your unclutch crap somewhere else because the record shows he is as clutch as there has been in his time in the NFL!
Hows that Kool Aid buddy?

Mine tastes a little different. Better I think. Super Bowl type Kool Aid.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I would trust Dak Prescott more in the playoffs than Tony Romo at any point in his career. Just go back and look at his history. There's always a reason he loses, it's always something. What I'm learning about Dak is that the guy lives football, meaning, he will get better and better. Imagine how he'd be in 3 years, you know the time we give most QBs. I'm just done waiting for 10 years for Romo to take us home, we don't have another 10 years to wait. It's just time to try something new. If it doesn't work, then back to the draft.

All folks can talk about is 2014, the last I checked, Tony's been in the league for 13 years and was the starter for 10 of those when he wasn't hurt. The 2014 amazing regular season that ended in disaster after a first round lucky playoff victory. I personally believe that he gets hurt because of his lack of weight lifting and build. He seems a little squishy to me. As you get older, you need to make your body rock hard to absorb a lot of the strenuous hits you'll be taking as a QB.

Our expectations have lowered to record lows in 20 years. Mine hasn't, I have high hopes for this team going forward and I'm not willing retract in time to the misery we've gone through for 20 years.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I would trust Dak Prescott more in the playoffs than Tony Romo at any point in his career. Just go back and look at his history. There's always a reason he loses, it's always something. What I'm learning about Dak is that the guy lives football, meaning, he will get better and better. Imagine how he'd be in 3 years, you know the time we give most QBs. I'm just done waiting for 10 years for Romo to take us home, we don't have another 10 years to wait. It's just time to try something new. If it doesn't work, then back to the draft.

All folks can talk about is 2014, the last I checked, Tony's been in the league for 13 years and was the starter for 10 of those when he wasn't hurt. The 2014 amazing regular season that ended in disaster after a first round lucky playoff victory. I personally believe that he gets hurt because of his lack of weight lifting and build. He seems a little squishy to me. As you get older, you need to make your body rock hard to absorb a lot of the strenuous hits you'll be taking as a QB.

Our expectations have lowered to record lows in 20 years. Mine hasn't, I have high hopes for this team going forward and I'm not willing retract in time to the misery we've gone through for 20 years.
I love it when people act as though the things "we" experienced in the Romo years were nothing "they" experienced... The relatively low highs.. The relatively high occasions where hearts were broken... It's comedy. Thankfully, I can laugh at it now because it's clear that brighter roads are in front of us.

Last edited:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I love it when people act as though the things "we" experienced in the Romo years were nothing "they" experienced... The relatively low highs.. The relatively high occasions where hearts were broken... If comedy. Thankfully, I can laugh at it now because it's clear that brighter roads are in front of us.
Mr Blue, I'm here to remind all of them. Remind them of the years we couldn't even make it to the playoffs because of terrible play down the stretch. There was a time when outsiders would tell us, oh no, it's December, the Cowboys are done.

People forget those years, I haven't.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Mr Blue, I'm here to remind all of them. Remind them of the years we couldn't even make it to the playoffs because of terrible play down the stretch. There was a time when outsiders would tell us, oh no, it's December, the Cowboys are done.

People forget those years, I haven't.
Tony Romo Decembers

Never Forget

Undisputed

Reaction score
I've voted for the same guy each week and one down week (where he still scored the same amount of TDs as Big Ben, Bradford, and Cousins did against the Philly D...combined) won't change it.

"Reign Dakota".

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Like back in 2014 when he had maybe the best December of any QB this decade? And then he followed it up with an equivalent playoff performance but his team was just awful other than him? I remember
A canary will occasionally appear in a coal mine.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Rewatching the game. Dak was really off. Mechanics were bad. falling away at times. Early on, he was ok but the pick in the end zone seems to have bothered him.

Love me some Romo but he didn't win anything in a decade worth of attempts . not even a NFC Championship appearance . Even with one heck of a team in 2007 and 2014. As long as Dak isnt costing us games, we should be sticking with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm sure many of the same posters that voted for Romo to start when he's healthy would be the same ones voting for McFadden to replace Zeke as the starter when he's healthy. :laugh:

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Putting Tony with a team that is good enough to win without him should reap some big rewards for all Cowboys fans.
Well weren't good enough to win without him last season . so now we are? No credit to Dak what so ever..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, because Zeke is a better running back than McFadden.

Right now Dak is a better QB than Romo. Those who are wearing blinders obviously don't realize it but the Cowboys may have hit the Power Ball with Dak and it couldn't have been more evident than on the drives to tie the game and win the game in OT.

Dak faced one of the best pass rushes in the league last night and helped us overcome a 10 point deficit in the face of that pass rush. This kid is special! We wouldn't have won that game with Romo. I'm not even sure he would have survived the game.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Methinks you don't understand what this means, because this makes no sense in this context.
I know exactly what it means.. The opposite of the context in which it was used but it still sounds cool.

Think of Romo as the canary and the clipboard as the coal mine. Eventally he will tire of holding it and retire.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The best part of Romo's game has always been his ability to extend plays. Dak can extend plays just as well but when a play totally breaks down he can take off and run. The read option element he brings to our offense is what has made us so hard to defend. The two headed monster attack we have with Zeke and Dak is like nothing the Cowboys have ever had because no QB In franchise history has been the dual threat that Dak is, plus Zeke is as talented and as complete an RB as we've ever had. Staubach could scramble and run but nothing like what we've seen with Dak. Up to this point I've never seen a rookie QB as impressive as Dak, Just go back and watch some of the plays he made last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.