Wells Conclusion: Guilty

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Eh I'm over this story tbh. "More probable than not" is pretty loose terminology too.

They probably did it, given their history, but unless you can prove it for certain, it's time to move on. They absolutely killed the Colts that game anyways, and it wasn't because the ball was slightly deflated.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can virtually guarantee two certain posters will be commenting in this thread.

Rogah

Reaction score
Report is 243 pages but the final 100 pages are an appendix prepared by a scientific company "Exponent" which seems to be all statistical analysis

(Still reading....)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Suspend Tom until week 6, might as well include Gronk too since he caught those deflated balls :cool:

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
They're not going to take the Lombardi Trophy away from them. Nothing to see here, people....move on.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I'll never ever hold the Patriots' dynasty in high regard.

Repeat cheaters. Tuck rule. Easiest path to a championship ever this year. Zero competition within their own division throughout their run, which makes it easier to get homefield and a first round bye every year.

I can't stand that team. They're in the Steelers category for me now. Their Super Bowl wins should all come with an asterisk.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Eh I'm over this story tbh. "More probable than not" is also pretty loose terminology.

They probably did it, given their history, but unless you can prove it for certain, it's time to move on. They absolutely killed the Colts that game anyways, and it wasn't because the ball was slightly deflated.

They're saying, in essence, the only parties involved in this incident didn't say they did it, but it's hard to believe that they had no knowledge of it and didn't participate seeing that they all would have known if anything had happened to the balls.

That's what I've said all along. I don't think Kraft or Belichick necessarily knew. But it's contradicts logic and common sense that Brady, McNally and Jastremski didn't know. Unless, of course, an angel entered the room and touched the balls, thus deflating them. And even then, such a miraculous encounter would defy logic and common sense too.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I'll never ever hold the Patriots' dynasty in high regard.

Repeat cheaters. Tuck rule. Easiest path to a championship ever this year. Zero competition within their own division throughout their run.

I can't stand that team. They're in the Steelers category for me now. Their Super Bowl wins should all come with an asterisk.

Tainted for sure. You cannot put the Cheaters "Dynasty" in the same sentence as the Steelers, Cowboys, or 49ers.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Brady's legendary accuracy and deflatgate will be forever entwined. Everyone says it is a minor offense and deserves only a slap on the wrist and get over it BUT the Patriots clearly created an unfair advantage especially in adverse weather. Only Brady and Pats were playing with a football that was more catch-able and throw-able.

arglebargle

Reaction score
It would take a lot of courage, and big brass ones, to run with this case. Don't expect that from Goodall. With great success and a 'Face of the NFL' player, the Patriots have rightly realized they can get away with almost any manipulation, and not face anything other than minor scapegoating. Americans love a winner, and aren't always too worried about how they got there....

They won't touch the golden goose.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what if any penalty these guys get.
Now if it was the Cowboys, we would probably have to pay heavy fines and give up multiple draft picks ! LOL : (

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Wow...an adjustment to the game ball so it feels better.

This just in:
  • No one cares that kickers use their own balls that don't meet the exact same specifications as the game balls
  • No one cares that Biletnikoff was covered in sticky goo while playing receiver.
  • No one cares that teams steal signs in both baseball and football
  • No one cares that players cheat on plays throughout the game, holding, kicking, etc. because they know they'll get away with it more than it will be called
Videotaping private practices or spying....that's real cheating.
In the face of the joke that is NFL officiating and replay, a guy letting some air out of a ball for a better grip means nothing to me.

Anyone think that any coach in the NFL wouldn't take a playbook if they saw it sitting on a bench or look in one if another player handed it to them?

This is entertainment with an aspect of sport involved, where rules are changed all the time to enhance, not the fairness, but the entertainment value. These are the sorts of things that matter only to those who are upholding an illusion that keeps Vegas and its bettors happy and investing.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Eh I'm over this story tbh. "More probable than not" is also pretty loose terminology.

"patriots' officials locker room attendant jim mcnally referred to himself as the "deflator" in text messages to patriots equipment assistant john jasteremski"