Twitter: Werder Tweet: Garrett expected to be fired (no official word yet)

_sturt_

Reaction score
If this were false don't you think a Cowboys staffer would have notified ESPN to refute this, I mean it's been up on ESPN's website for at least 2 hours and all over Twitter.

I respect Werder. But I respect Slater, and for that matter Belt, just as much if not more.

Too, that it's "expected" is not actually news. The wording there is so mamby-pamby that it's clear the writer was giving himself a bit of room in case what is "expected" isn't what actually happens.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Eh, I don’t know....Jerry likes to be tucked into bed by 9:30 PM. He was asleep when all of this happened. He might have a heart attack when he wakes up and sees all this news and will rush to The Star to defend his stepson.

what do u mean, is stepson is just under him

DarthVander

Reaction score
The nightmare is finally over - This is all caused by Jerry’s ego. He doesn’t want to admit that Garrett was a bad coach so he’s not saying anything right now, hence the silence.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Here's wishing we would all stop the madness, as Troy made the case we should, and universally and without exception hold accountable the single person most consistently associated with losing teams over these 30-ish years...

2020-01-02_2313.png

I totally agree that Jerry is the root cause 100 percent. I'm on the bus with you.

But Jerry is not going anywhere anytime soon. So we just have to hope that the likes Stephen Jones and Will McClay can talk rational sense to Jerry on big decisions like this.

It would not surprise me if it was Stephen who recommended to Jerry to not extend Garrett's contract to begin with.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Werder says Garrett is gone, that means he's back for sure.

mr new coach---- so you dont like Ed Werder?...i heard he gets a lot of cowboy insight....dont really know him myself

_sturt_

Reaction score
But Jerry is not going anywhere anytime soon.

My point isn't that fans can coax him out, though. If that's what you took from what I wrote, please read again.

My point is that fans have never yet united in holding him accountable. There's always been a convenient diversion... someone else besides Jerry, so he's always gotten essentially what you're recommending... pay attention to the other guy.

Divide and conquer, of sorts.

So, no, on this bus that Troy said he's driving, we're not paying attention to the other guy, the current one or the next one. Jerry is the problem. The problem. Singular.

And the demand is that he stop being the problem, and let his head coach be a real head coach, hiring his own staff, holding his staff accountable, and holding his players accountable.

(Jerry can continue in his player acquisition role--that's not normally a head coach role anyhow.)

Like Troy says... why not do what you know once was successful... return to the structure of the Super Bowl days, when players feared being cut for fumbling in practice.

For our part as fans, we have to stay on-point on that when we write here or when we call talk shows or when we have tweet interactions with media types... it needs to be the ad nauseum theme of practically every conversation, frankly replacing the ad nauseum theme that merely drives out the newest unsuccessful head coach each time... it needs to be something Jerry cannot get away from... cannot distract from as he has.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If this is legit...….....and that is a big if...……….then what the hell have they been doing for 4 days???

Why all the meetings,
why is your ex-head coach doing freaking exit interviews?

According to Newy Scruggs on NBC Jerry has been trying to arrange another position in the organization for JG, but JG turned it down.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
What a fitting ending if indeed this IS the ending. Much like Garrett’s 9 1/2 years here this saga has been filled with excitement followed by disappointment followed by confusion and around in circles we have gone achieving nothing and befuddling many. Not only has Garrett stolen our joy for these last 9 1/2 years but he is stealing our joy until the very end as there is yet a definitive answer to wether he is gone or not. Well played ole red one, well played.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Ed Werder report is full of crap and all the other reports that just use Werder as their source are full of crap. :espn:

C42

Reaction score
Very unfortunate, as an Eagles fan I’ll miss him if true. I think he’ll get a second chance elsewhere.